Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

Group 1 will have until roughly 3PM today.

Group 1 May Now Pick

1. Jags -
2. Seahawks -
3. Browns - QB Conner Robinson
4. Bucs -
5. Cowboys
6. Raiders -
7. Giants
8. Packers
9. Jets - FS Dwight Lowery
10. Colts - CB Kelvin Hayden
11. Vikings -
12. Dolphins -
13. Chargers
14. Steelers
15. Chiefs -
16. Rams -

This group will have until 3:00 PM EST today. If you didn't pick someone up in the last round, you still can.

Round 1 picks:

1. Jags - FS Nick Collins
2. Seahawks - CB Eric Wright
3. Browns - DT Gerald McCoy
4. Bucs - K Dave Rayner
5. Cowboys
6. Raiders - CB Rashean Mathis
7. Giants
8. Packers
9. Jets - RT Mike Pollak
10. Colts - CB Marcus Trufant
11. Vikings - DT- Letroy Guion
12. Dolphins - TE C. Miilines
13. Chargers
14. Steelers
15. Chiefs - FB Bryan Young
16. Rams -FS Husain Abdullah
17. Titans - TE Clay Harbor
18. Falcons - DT Tyson Alualu
19. Saints
20. Bears
21. Patriots
22. Eagles - QB Garrett Finnegan
23. Broncos - RE Darnell Dockett
24. Cardinals - WR Daniel Kescoli
25. Redskins - CB Sheldon Brown
26. Bengals
27. Panthers - WR Curtis Dozier
28. Bills - RG Ramon Foster
29. Texans - WR Chaz Schilens
30. 49ers - HB Peyton Hillis
31. Lions
32. Ravens - HB Tobias Bray

A few things to note:

1. If your roster isn't full, you don't need to drop a guy. But please post who you pick up.

2. Keep your cap space in mind. These guys do take contracts, so you might not be able to sign the expensive guys without dropping someone.

3. As always, we go by posts in the thread, not who adds them first in game. Once you post in the thread that you added a guy, he's yours.

4. Make sure you don't sign anyone on the restricted list (can someone re-post that?) unless their owner has said they don't want them.

FA and Preseason Advance Schedule

Monday 10:30AM EST: FA Round 1 Group #2
Monday 7:00PM EST: FA Round 1 Group #3
Monday 11:00PM EST: FA Round 1 Group #4
Tuesday 10:00AM EST: FA Round 2 1-16 (switching to two groups of 16) (current phase)
Tuesday 3:00PM EST: FA Round 2 17-32
Tuesday 7:00PM EST: FA Round 3 17-32 (we'll reverse the order for round 3)
Tuesday 8:00PM EST FA Round 3 1-16
Tuesday 9:00PM EST: Free Agency OPEN (after this, it's free-for-all)
Tuesday 10:30PM EST: Advance to preseason Week 2
Wednesday Night: Advance to preseason Week 3
Friday Afternoon: Advance to preseason Week 4
Saturday Morning: Advance to Regular Season

I realize not all the times are even, but we're trying to get both FA and the preseason done without dragging on too much. Hopefully knowing exactly when your FA group is up will also help people out in scheduling.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bvharris']Yes.

You're just wrong. The first version of the Vincent Jackson deal was rejected. Resoundingly I might add. That's why we had to make it in the offseason instead.

In any case, how HUGE the name is has absolutely no effect on the committee's ability to evaluate the trade objectively.[/QUOTE]

O I don't remember seeing that deal in the thread before my fault but I'm not arguing I'm just putting my view out there is all.....but maybe it should a lil because bigger names would have a larger market and everyone doesn't post trade blocks.....if I knew mike Wallace was available I would of sent more than a 3rd and 4th round pick lol I'm just sayin lol

[quote name='augmog']O I don't remember seeing that deal in the thread before my fault but I'm not arguing I'm just putting my view out there is all.....but maybe it should a lil because bigger names would have a larger market and everyone doesn't post trade blocks.....if I knew mike Wallace was available I would of sent more than a 3rd and 4th round pick lol I'm just sayin lol[/QUOTE]

Wallace was traded for a 1st and a 4th.

I wish everyone would post trade blocks, but sometimes you just need to check around and ask. We're not going to punish people for doing extra legwork. I'm sure nobody else thought RGIII was available when Cru traded for him, but he thought to ask.

[quote name='Man2008']Wr: Mario manningham to the redskins
For wr: Lenard hankerson and a 4th round pick !!!!!!![/QUOTE]

You still need to post the info and ratings of the players. Especially Hankerson, since he is new to the deal.

i think i stubbled across mike wallace by asking and got lucky i susually dont put anyone on the block but if someone is curious about a guy and ask me i mean theres a chance if the price is right that i would send them

[quote name='Man2008']Wr: Mario manningham ovr 82 to the redskins
For wr: Lenard hankerson ovr 76 and a 4th round pick !!!!!!![/QUOTE]

But if hankerson was better he would be rated better cuz his catch was higher than all my WR lol

[quote name='bvharris']Wallace was traded for a 1st and a 4th.

I wish everyone would post trade blocks, but sometimes you just need to check around and ask. We're not going to punish people for doing extra legwork. I'm sure nobody else thought RGIII was available when Cru traded for him, but he thought to ask.[/QUOTE]

That's true but I thought man posted he might be trading him and 8-9 owners messaged him....

I just posting because a lot of owners feel a certain way about some of these deals but don't say anything because 1 its useless and 2 don't want any strikes. Some called it a dictatorship lol not my words. But I'm glad to finally see FA opened up that was my biggest request lol

well i was bothering him all season about it before he posted up on the thread and i already had a deal sent to him before he posted it prolly why i got the deal plus he got a good deal for him as well. and wallace made my team wut it is now. but main focus is running the ball this year as passing with this team isnt to hard but if its all i do im screwed lol. but if jones can get his running game going good this year this team could do alot of damage. plus TE pitta was an amazing addition to my passing game. i just need to more big time FA's to come home to me and this team is exactly where i want them to be for my style of play

[quote name='augmog']
I just posting because a lot of owners feel a certain way about some of these deals but don't say anything because 1 its useless and 2 don't want any strikes. Some called it a dictatorship lol not my words. But I'm glad to finally see FA opened up that was my biggest request lol[/QUOTE]

Those "some" are idiots. I hate to state it that bluntly, but there's really no better way to put it. Last year people didn't like that it was just the commissioners deciding on trades, and this year it isn't. Anyone who is still bitching is just looking for something to complain about and/or bitter about their trade being overturned. Everyone who trades a lot has had deals rejected, including myself. It's part of the game if we want to have trades.

For the record, saying you disagree with the committee's ruling is never going to get anyone a strike. People can disagree all they want, and are free to voice that disagreement. What might earn someone a strike is repeatedly insisting that the system is somehow unfair or the committee biased or colluded. That kind of bullshit just isn't going to be tolerated anymore.

Re-posting. Group 1 will have until roughly 3PM today.

Group 1 May Now Pick

1. Jags -
2. Seahawks -
3. Browns - QB Conner Robinson
4. Bucs - TE Delanie Walker
5. Cowboys
6. Raiders -
7. Giants
8. Packers
9. Jets - FS Dwight Lowery
10. Colts - CB Kelvin Hayden
11. Vikings -
12. Dolphins -
13. Chargers
14. Steelers
15. Chiefs - RE Luis Castillio
16. Rams - SS Craig Dahl

This group will have until 3:00 PM EST today. If you didn't pick someone up in the last round, you still can.

Round 1 picks:

1. Jags - FS Nick Collins
2. Seahawks - CB Eric Wright
3. Browns - DT Gerald McCoy
4. Bucs - K Dave Rayner
5. Cowboys
6. Raiders - CB Rashean Mathis
7. Giants
8. Packers
9. Jets - RT Mike Pollak
10. Colts - CB Marcus Trufant
11. Vikings - DT- Letroy Guion
12. Dolphins - TE C. Miilines
13. Chargers
14. Steelers
15. Chiefs - FB Bryan Young
16. Rams -FS Husain Abdullah
17. Titans - TE Clay Harbor
18. Falcons - DT Tyson Alualu
19. Saints
20. Bears
21. Patriots
22. Eagles - QB Garrett Finnegan
23. Broncos - RE Darnell Dockett
24. Cardinals - WR Daniel Kescoli
25. Redskins - CB Sheldon Brown
26. Bengals
27. Panthers - WR Curtis Dozier
28. Bills - RG Ramon Foster
29. Texans - WR Chaz Schilens
30. 49ers - HB Peyton Hillis
31. Lions - K Brandon Cotou
32. Ravens - HB Tobias Bray

A few things to note:

1. If your roster isn't full, you don't need to drop a guy. But please post who you pick up.

2. Keep your cap space in mind. These guys do take contracts, so you might not be able to sign the expensive guys without dropping someone.

3. As always, we go by posts in the thread, not who adds them first in game. Once you post in the thread that you added a guy, he's yours.

4. Make sure you don't sign anyone on the restricted list (can someone re-post that?) unless their owner has said they don't want them.

FA and Preseason Advance Schedule

Monday 10:30AM EST: FA Round 1 Group #2
Monday 7:00PM EST: FA Round 1 Group #3
Monday 11:00PM EST: FA Round 1 Group #4
Tuesday 10:00AM EST: FA Round 2 1-16 (switching to two groups of 16) (current phase)
Tuesday 3:00PM EST: FA Round 2 17-32
Tuesday 7:00PM EST: FA Round 3 17-32 (we'll reverse the order for round 3)
Tuesday 8:00PM EST FA Round 3 1-16
Tuesday 9:00PM EST: Free Agency OPEN (after this, it's free-for-all)
Tuesday 10:30PM EST: Advance to preseason Week 2
Wednesday Night: Advance to preseason Week 3
Friday Afternoon: Advance to preseason Week 4
Saturday Morning: Advance to Regular Season

I realize not all the times are even, but we're trying to get both FA and the preseason done without dragging on too much. Hopefully knowing exactly when your FA group is up will also help people out in scheduling.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bvharris']Those "some" are idiots. I hate to state it that bluntly, but there's really no better way to put it. Last year people didn't like that it was just the commissioners deciding on trades, and this year it isn't. Anyone who is still bitching is just looking for something to complain about and/or bitter about their trade being overturned. Everyone who trades a lot has had deals rejected, including myself. It's part of the game if we want to have trades.

For the record, saying you disagree with the committee's ruling is never going to get anyone a strike. People can disagree all they want, and are free to voice that disagreement. What might earn someone a strike is repeatedly insisting that the system is somehow unfair or the committee biased or colluded. That kind of bullshit just isn't going to be tolerated anymore.[/QUOTE]

I'm not bitching but Brandon Marshall got traded for a 5th round pick in real life !!! But I'm over it I send my counter offer no hard feelings guys

Question on the 9pm free-for all... can you call dibs on a player in the thread, or will it simply be whoever gets to that player first in the game? I know the first option might make for a bit of a mess, but I'll be away from my Xbox 8:30 to 10:30 so wanted to check just in case.

[quote name='DVO21']well i was bothering him all season about it before he posted up on the thread and i already had a deal sent to him before he posted it prolly why i got the deal plus he got a good deal for him as well. and wallace made my team wut it is now. but main focus is running the ball this year as passing with this team isnt to hard but if its all i do im screwed lol. but if jones can get his running game going good this year this team could do alot of damage. plus TE pitta was an amazing addition to my passing game. i just need to more big time FA's to come home to me and this team is exactly where i want them to be for my style of play[/QUOTE]

Yes what I told sprice in madden 12 is to run the ball more...if you run or pass too much can kill you you have to find your balance to success...and ptta is a beast I just wasn't goin to pay him lol

[quote name='Man2008']I'm not bitching but Brandon Marshall got traded for a 5th round pick in real life !!! But I'm over it I send my counter offer no hard feelings guys[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Marshall a contract/money issue as well? Kind of like Bart Scott! Circle complete. :D

[quote name='ubernes']Question on the 9pm free-for all... can you call dibs on a player in the thread, or will it simply be whoever gets to that player first in the game? I know the first option might make for a bit of a mess, but I'll be away from my Xbox 8:30 to 10:30 so wanted to check just in case.[/QUOTE]

mad-max-thunderdome.jpg

Once it's open, it's open. We're not going to be keeping track any further unless the need arises.

Rams add SS Craig Dahl.

There's no pre-calling people, so I gave it some time to see if anyone else wanted him. Unsurprisingly, GPNinja was right. :D

[quote name='bvharris']
mad-max-thunderdome.jpg

Once it's open, it's open. We're not going to be keeping track any further unless the need arises.[/QUOTE]

Hahah, yeah, I figured it wasn't worth the trouble. I have a number of people I'm looking at, all pretty crappy, so I should be fine come 1030pm. Revis was playing strong safety yesterday at times, so that tells you all you need to know of my secondary depth.

DEs Derek Wolfe, Robert Ayers and Jason Hunter are all on the Broncos trade block. All are pretty useful players, just now stuck behind Dockett and Dumervil on the depth chart. I'm mostly looking for offensive line help, or potentially a safety. PM me interested.

[quote name='sprice8688']can we put the steelerz on auto so.i can get my game in?[/QUOTE]

PM fero. We haven't heard from him at all yet though, so I'd say it's a reasonable request.

[quote name='sprice8688']k i just sent a message when do u plan on advancing to weel 2 9 to$$$$t?[/QUOTE]

See the handy schedule I've posted like 5 times. ;)

10:30PM EST

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Can someone tell me who my week 2 preseason opponent is I'm not in the house to see ?[/QUOTE]

Week 1: Eagles
Week 2: Saints
Week 3: Bills
Week 4: Titans

[quote name='Dark Rider']Week 1: Eagles
Week 2: Saints
Week 3: Bills
Week 4: Titans[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the AFC South. Looking forward to our games.

well in my regular season i have the afc south and nfc north should be a fun season other than having to play doom which i will be getting raped with no lube the others game should be fun and prolly good ones

[quote name='DVO21']well in my regular season i have the afc south and nfc north should be a fun season other than having to play doom which i will be getting raped with no lube the others game should be fun and prolly good ones[/QUOTE]

Lol don't be so sure about that.

[quote name='Doomtime']Lol don't be so sure about that.[/QUOTE]

lol if ur saying u wont roll over me with ease ur crazy. ur the only person i never look forward to playing well u sprice mog and MA but i dont have a choice about MA anymore twice a year lol. everyone else i think i can at least somewhat compete with maybe not win but keep it within 1 or 2 TDs. but u four its like i hope i can keep them under 50

[quote name='bvharris']Agreed. I'm undefeated against that loser in Madden 13. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yep, me too. No one needs to worry about him!

[quote name='bvharris']Agreed. I'm undefeated against that loser in Madden 13. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm getting another crack at those Broncos this season. ;)

[quote name='Doomtime']I'm getting another crack at those Broncos this season. ;)[/QUOTE]

And I get another crack at cracking Arian Foster's collarbone. ;)

I haven't actually looked at my full schedule yet, but I'm assuming it's nightmarish. At least I get to play ubernes. :lol:

[quote name='Doomtime']:lol: I almost picked the Vikings....almost[/QUOTE]

They were 4th on your list. If you consider that "almost." :D

[quote name='bvharris']They were 4th on your list. If you consider that "almost." :D[/QUOTE]

Close enough!

[quote name='bvharris']And I get another crack at cracking Arian Foster's collarbone. ;)

[/QUOTE]

I'm blaming that on his diet. Needs more :spam:

My schudule is pretty tuff this year got 49ers cards rams Seahawks jets pats bills
And still got to play them eagles twice I hope his draft sucked like mine

bread's done
Back