Madden 13 Social League?

Ultimate Matt X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
For next year is there any interest in doing a more socially oriented league? I'm not sure how we'd handle skill, but now we have the main league and then the JV league, but I think a middle ground would be interesting. Something that isn't so much about skill and would highlight the social element of online play. Mics wouldn't always be required, but would be expected. Because of this I think the premiere players would potentially stay away, but it doesn't have to necessarily be JV either. It's still a long ways off, but I figured I'd put the idea out there. I'd definitely be interested.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']For next year is there any interest in doing a more socially oriented league? I'm not sure how we'd handle skill, but now we have the main league and then the JV league, but I think a middle ground would be interesting. Something that isn't so much about skill and would highlight the social element of online play. Mics wouldn't always be required, but would be expected. Because of this I think the premiere players would potentially stay away, but it doesn't have to necessarily be JV either. It's still a long ways off, but I figured I'd put the idea out there. I'd definitely be interested.[/QUOTE]

I would be interested. Are you implying it to be like a casual league?

Somewhat, I'm not sure how to approach how casual it is compared to the social element. I'd expect a lighter schedule at the least. I'm not even sure if I'm the best person to run it, but I've chatted with others about this and it seems like there is some interest. Though with two leagues already (if it stays that way next year) it will be difficult to keep up interest.

I would like the mics to be required, that easily makes it a much more social arena. Having a little more leeway in getting games done, maybe a 3-4 day window would work. Just keeping it less about rules and more about just getting on and having fun.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I would like the mics to be required, that easily makes it a much more social arena. Having a little more leeway in getting games done, maybe a 3-4 day window would work. Just keeping it less about rules and more about just getting on and having fun.[/QUOTE]

This. I'm married with 2 younger kids that are active in various sports, so it's harder for me to make some nights than others and it fluctuates from week to week. Having a larger window to get the games done is great. Honestly I usually don't play Madden online because of random people, trolls, cheaters, etc. Since I have limited playing time, I like to be able to actually enjoy the time that I do have to play. If it is a more laid back atmosphere, then I'm all for it. I usually don't buy Madden each year since there are minor changes. I did buy 12, so normally I would skip 13, but I would buy it to participate in something like this.

bread's done
Back