Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...I don't even know what to think about my game against Pittsburgh. I somehow won...but the game was still just retarded shit after retarded shit.

Alex Smith (Pittsburgh's new QB) started out 7-7 with 2 TDs. I captured some plays that I'll upload later that were just melting my brain. Receivers getting open by like 10 yards against my CBs who have MCV in the 90s and PRS in the high 80/low 90s...run blocking where my guys could just turn around and pursue, but they wouldn't turn around until the RB was 10 yards beyond them. Just cheap, horrible, tacky bad football shit.

Then, somehow, Smith starts missing...throws a few balls that should have been intercepted, and on like the 4th one, I finally get an INT by Michael Griffin. I pull to within 14-10 in the 3rd. The 4th starts and I after getting another INT inside my own 10 yard line, my 89 OVR RT just ignores his assignment and my RB insta-fumbles. The Steelers score to go up 21-10.

I thought I was done for sure, but managed to score a quick TD to make it 21-16. I tried to go for 2, but failed. So, with 3:21 left, I needed to get the ball back and score a TD to take the lead. Alex Smith tries to test Amukamara again on a deep throw, but this time I'm able to user him and get the INT myself. I march down the field, and find Delanie Walker in the end zone for the go-ahead score. Again, I can't get the 2 point conversion, so the game sits at 22-21.

The Steelers have one last chance with 1:14 left to play. They only manage to return the kick to the 18...and then Alex Smith gets sacked 4 straight times...all by Ryan Kerrigan, culminating in a safety on 4th and 26. Since they can't "onside punt" it, they kick the ball long, I kneel it. Game over. It wasn't good football at all. It really made no sense. But I won this one...so yay me, I guess. All-Madden, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did see that one clip earlier in which your corner kindly shuffled about at the line of scrimmage, allowing the Pittsburgh receiver running the out route to get a good 5 yard head start.

Hey N8, can you put the Saints on auto for me. I see from earlier posts he's not able to play and he's not set to auto.

Thanks!

Jolly is going to be the rookie of the year and his jersey sales are projected to pass cottons by week 6

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, but it's done now. I hope you're able to play the game at some point tomorrow.
I wish you hadn't done it lol. So infuriating... Took the Saints into OT and on the first play, Brandin Cooks gets his first catch of the game, an 80 yard TD. CB Free Agent pickup Stephen Gilmore got absolutely wasted on that go route before the ball was in the QB's hands. I had a feeling I should have gone for 2 when I tied it up with 16 seconds left in the 4th... fuck

Titans - 16

Dolphins - 13

Crazy game between Tennessee and Miami last night. The first quarter had most of the excitement, as we traded INTs and eventually, points. I couldn't complete a pass to save my life. Garret Bradford started out 0-9 or something like that, including a pick 6 to give Miami a 7-0 lead. The Titans fought their way back into it though, after David Wilson came in to replace a completely overwhelmed Marhawn Lynch (who struggled to just get past the line of scrimmage and couldn't seem to truck anybody), and scampered for a long TD run.

Then the kicking came. I still believe the wind is broken in this game. It's ALWAYS windy as hell in my home games...like never under 9mph. In this game it was 13mph and blowing straight to the right. So, every ball we kicked was like a nasty Craig Kimbrel slider, lol. Miami missed the first attempt of the game from 47 yards out. We then traded several shorter field goals after that...until Tennessee managed to put a final drive together as the clock was winding down, setting up a 48 yard game winner that I somehow hooked in just over the crossbar.

GG to fero. I don't know if it was the wind or just not playing as much Madden lately, but my gameplay felt so sloppy. I mean, some of the passes were misreads on my part...but some were just awful, short throws. It felt like the All-Madden gameplay was seeping into my human games, haha.

up 14-0 and feeling good at the end of the 1st Quarter, my Madden craps out and have to start over.

2nd game was much tougher as Kirk Cousins looked like Joe Montana this go around. Luckily, I finally started picking him off and won with a FG in the last minute. 

So, on a complete whim, I just decided to load up NHL 15 for the first time in months. I went into HUT and noticed that for some reason, I had one unopened gold premium pack. I open it up...and get a 92 OVR "Team of the Year" Vladimir Tarasenko...and it tells me the last one sold for 240,000 coins. Maybe I finally be able to buy a Rinne and Weber and complete that Preds collection after all, haha. :)

We have advanced to Week 5. The deadline for this week will be 4/19.

Also, I discovered something in my attempts at playing Detroit this week. Due to bumping the difficulty up to All-Madden, in addition to Defensive Art and Kicking Arc being turned off...Ball Hawk, Heat Seeker, and Switch Assist also get changed to "OFF". However, you can just go into your settings and turn all of these things back on.

And HOLY SHIT does it make a huge difference. I'm fine with Defensive Art or Kicking Arc being turned off on the highest difficulty...that's fine. But when the game entirely changes the basics of the gameplay by needing to be turned perfectly toward the ball carrier and practically being right on top of him in order to not just fall flat on your face, that's just crazy.

After turning these back on, I swear, even my AI played better. It makes no freaking sense. But they were making better tackles and not getting bowled over for 5-7 additional yards.

So, it is my strong advice that everybody go into your league settings and turn all of these back on. We have no way to prove who has been using them and who hasn't...in which case, you have to assume that everybody has been. If for whatever reason, you just want to play without these assists, that's your business. But considering I've noticed a lot of people (myself included) struggling against the CPU, there's no sense letting them win all the games.

tl:dr - TURN BALL HAWK, HEAT SEEKER, ETC BACK ON IN YOUR LEAGUE SETTINGS :)

Wow...really? Don't tell me I'm the only person whose settings got changed because of being league commissioner...and since I'm technically the one who bumped up the difficulty it only changed mine. I was wondering how in the hell you were saying All-Madden felt easier, lol. This explains a lot.

Seriously, try playing without heat seeker, ball hawk, switch assist, defensive art, and kicking arc...even if you just play a half and quit. The game feels night and day.

QBs are still absurdly accurate, but I at least feel like I can limit them now. They're not getting massive YAC and RAC because my guys can't tackle for shit or because the game switches me into a player who is being blocked behind the play. Of course I figure this out going into a bye week, haha.

So how many times are we allowed to try and beat the cpu some people are starting thier games a lot I only started my Cleveland game twice because of a crash in a game I was winning I kept my game clips for a few days to prove it

So how many times are we allowed to try and beat the cpu some people are starting thier games a lot I only started my Cleveland game twice because of a crash in a game I was winning I kept my game clips for a few days to prove it
I'll openly admit, I've restarted some of mine a few times because of the bullshit that was going on with the CPU (Stafford went 16-16 in one of my attempts...in another I had 2 fumbles and 2 INTs in the 1st quarter). But considering I was also playing at a disadvantage by having those settings turned off, I don't really give a shit.

To me, this is hardly an official season. The point I was at last night, had I not figured out what I did with my settings, I was going to stop playing my CPU games and/or bow out of this season anyway.

I know that's not much of an answer, but we have so few people left, come playoff time, it really shouldn't make much of a difference anyway should it? If somebody was "mysteriously" dropping from their games vs human opponents 4-5 times that's a different matter. But for this CPU godmode shitshow, do we really care? lol

To be totally serious, if anybody thinks I've received any unfair advantage retrying CPU games (most of which were bailed on before the 1st half even ended), I have zero problem suspending myself for the final season.

I was honestly trying to figure out what the hell I was doing more than anything and why I was struggling so much. I don't mind losing to the CPU, but the stuff they were doing to me was dumbfounding. Again, I welcome anybody to play with those settings off before casting judgment.

I'm all for taking as many attempts vs CPU. It'd help me out a lot, I've barely won the games against CPU and already have 2 losses against them. It'd suck not making the playoffs in the last season. 

Wasn't just talking about you almost everyone has done it

I was think about doing it last night when the Vikings jumped out on me 14 points in the first 40 seconds from bogus fumbles and ap being an unstoppable force

I'm fine with the restarts not going to lie if I have a player get injured in a cpu game I'm going to quit it

If we could keep most of the cpu teams out of the playoffs that would be great

I'm all for taking as many attempts vs CPU. It'd help me out a lot, I've barely won the games against CPU and already have 2 losses against them. It'd suck not making the playoffs in the last season.

Wasn't just talking about you almost everyone has done it

I was think about doing it last night when the Vikings jumped out on me 14 points in the first 40 seconds from bogus fumbles and ap being an unstoppable force

I'm fine with the restarts not going to lie if I have a player get injured in a cpu game I'm going to quit it

If we could keep most of the cpu teams out of the playoffs that would be great
Good. These were generally my thoughts too. For me, this season was just a test to see if All-Madden could ever be a viable option for future leagues. Up to this point, I would say the answer is a resounding no. But now that I know my settings were dicking me over, I'll reserve my judgment a little longer.

I'm still not a fan of mid level players putting up insane numbers, but we'll see how the rest of the season goes. In a way, I'm almost looking at this entire season as "preseason" for Madden 16. We all need to figure out what works and what doesn't, and it's a time for the people who have stuck around this long to sharpen their skills as much as possible.

And honestly, the "as many attempts as you need" against the CPU is really "as long as you can stand it", haha. If you can attempt to play your game 6-7 times without just saying "fuck it! Just sim it!" then I say more power to you. :lol:

i think i played maybe 5? of the fucking 8? times it shows i replayed my game against the ....who did i even play this week? the ravens? lol....5 hours of my life i'll never get back....this all-madden shit is ridiculous....one game flacco was 40/41. 5 touchdowns. I swear to god my defense was on the field. i swear. 

i think i played maybe 5? of the fucking 8? times it shows i replayed my game against the ....who did i even play this week? the ravens? lol....5 hours of my life i'll never get back....this all-madden shit is ridiculous....one game flacco was 40/41. 5 touchdowns. I swear to god my defense was on the field. i swear.
lol, see...that's what I mean. There comes a point of diminishing returns where you just don't care anymore and you'd rather go feed ducks or something.

At least check your settings and make sure nothing got messed up. Beyond that, I don't blame you for being frustrated. All-Madden is still a bit past "challenging".

I know there are a few guys in here who play games on Steam, so I figured I'd ask here first...would anybody be interested in a copy of Lethal League (it's basically Smash Brothers combined with baseball, haha). I purchased the 4 pack with some friends and have an extra copy. The cost would be $5.

In case anybody wants to check it out, here's a link to the Steam page.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261180/

Whew, we're a day behind, lol. Sorry guys. I totally forgot what the date was yesterday and was away from home all day today. Anyway...

We have advanced to Week 8. The deadline for this week will be 5/2.

Out with Jake Locker and in with Marcus Mariota, haha. I'm really surprised Tennessee took him. Really, really hope his skills translate to the professional level. The Titans will never build a decent team if they keep whiffing on QBs.

He'll sure be fun to play with in Madden 16 though. :)

Yeah...wow...I think I'm done with Madden. I had a game with Denver last week and neither of us made an effort. So, I haven't touched the game in like 8 days...and now tanabeo is murdering me.

He's playing great, but I have to say, I'm really sick of seeing the pistol featured in this game. It's all the fucking CPU does on All Madden (regardless of whether the QB can run or not)...and tanabeo is using it pretty prominently. I'm not a fan of it and my defense is playing retarded. So, I'm mailing in the rest of this season. Don't bother PM'ing me about games, guys. The fork is in me.

EDIT - Ok...the game kicked me for grieving while I was typing that (we were going into the half, but I guess I didn't make it back in time). The worst part...even if you get kicked for grieving, the game doesn't count. Massive apologies to tanabeo. I really didn't mean for that to happen. I was planning on putting "chew clock" on and just kneeling it in the 3rd.

Regardless, I'm on infinite autopilot now. I'll advance the league when I need to, but I just don't want to think about playing this game right now. Got too much going on, and I really don't need Madden causing more stress.

Yea your cpu was just playing like crap missing tackles and dropping punts one play your guys pushed me at least 10 yards for a TD

All my plays were out of shotgun I don't run pistol either way your guys always would run the wrong way or just give up on my WRs and let them go

Yea your cpu was just playing like crap missing tackles and dropping punts one play your guys pushed me at least 10 yards for a TD

All my plays were out of shotgun I don't run pistol either way your guys always would run the wrong way or just give up on my WRs and let them go
Well, the announcers were calling it pistol and it sure looked like pistol to me (QB looked pretty close and RB was stacked funny). Either way...fuck it. I'm tired, lol.

I appreciate you sticking around to advance the league for us N8. I'm still enjoying it and am having fun creating a new offense with some practice games. I'll usually play a few and then say "ok, this is the game" aka win, lose, injuries I finish the game.

Congrats on Mariota. Like Tanabeo, i may have to try and take the Titans next year too.

Maybe I'll see you in the SB again, if you decide to play the user playoffs after your break.

Thanks again for continuing to Advance the league, I hope it lives on, I always fall in love with my playing my team when we get this far into a franchise. A normal offline rarely cuts it after spending this much time building the roster.

Ok, we have advanced to Week 9. Sorry for being late! Since I'm on autopilot now, I can no longer do anything from the website. So, I had to boot up the game for this one. But it's either that or boot up the game to put myself on autopilot for my opponent anyway.

Anyway...the deadline for this week will be 5/6.

One comical thing to add...before my game with tanabeo, my defense was ranked #1. Then they go on to forget how to tackle or play basic man coverage. I'm so sick of EA's "inconsistency = realism" garbage. They don't seem to understand that this is a video game...and having players you're not controlling be inconsistent is like having the football be inconsistent or the uniforms be inconsistent in real life.

MY skills being consistent...or forcing your opponent to make a mistake should be the difference maker. Not arbitrary, roll of the dice, Mario Party bullshit. See, this is why I need breaks from Madden, lol.

Could I get the bears put on auto please. Told me yesterday that he could play after 5 est I told him I would be home at 10 he was on xbox but not on madden I sent him a invite and a message but got no answer

Could I get the bears put on auto please. Told me yesterday that he could play after 5 est I told him I would be home at 10 he was on xbox but not on madden I sent him a invite and a message but got no answer
Internet has been out. Putting me on Auto would be ideal. I might not be able to sign on. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back