Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it won't be STRAIGHT to the regular season. I think one more pre-season game is reasonable. That will at least give people a chance to see if what happened in their first game (good or bad) was a fluke or if they need to change some things up. So, I'll advance us to week 3 of the pre-season tonight...and then we'll advance to week 1 of the regular season after midnight on 9/12.

And again...DO NOT SIGN ANY FREE AGENTS. We'll have a time to allow each team to pick up a free agent a little down the road. Some of you might ask why not do open free agency...and we probably will at some point. Just not right away. There are too many wild cards that can cause issues at the beginning of a franchise. I think it's better to start slow and let everybody settle in to their teams.

my only concern with simming preseason....i currently have 62 on the roster....If we advance to the season and it cuts someone like Jarvis Landry....my 2nd round Pick (who is a 68...wtf?) i'm going to be pissed. 

my only concern with simming preseason....i currently have 62 on the roster....If we advance to the season and it cuts someone like Jarvis Landry....my 2nd round Pick (who is a 68...wtf?) i'm going to be pissed.
I'm guessing we were simul-posting, haha. Is the timeline I laid out above not agreeable? You should be good to get to week 3 of the pre-season, no?

But you do raise a good point (that I wasn't even aware of...I thought all rosters were 53...I thought that was the point of EA waiting on the final cuts). Everybody should check their rosters and make sure their rosters are at 53 players or they cut the players they want cut...at the very least by 9/11.

Last edited by a moderator:
All right, well I looked at my roster, and I had 60 players...and I advanced us to week 2 and I still had 60 with no prompts to cut anybody. So, I advanced us to week 3 and I'm still at 60. So, hopefully everybody is still good and will just know to get their roster down to 53 by 11:59 PM ET on 9/11.

I'm still confused as to why these rosters had more than 53 players though...

Hasn't that always been the way Madden has worked? In the old official league, I remember having to cut players during the preseason each week.

Hasn't that always been the way Madden has worked? In the old official league, I remember having to cut players during the preseason each week.
Yeah, but in the first season? That makes sense once we've done a draft. But the first roster is just the first roster.

Yeah, but in the first season? That makes sense once we've done a draft. But the first roster is just the first roster.
ea has always been that way on first roster. i would think they would havea dead line date so they have time to do rosters with updated ranks and all that. im sure that dead line is well before nfl's deadline which was sat before start of season.

All right ravens are also open. I'll play my game today. This time I won't go by coach's suggestions cause that play calling was brutal.

Saints vs. Colts will be a CPU game.

Dark tower got back to me very quickly to tell me he is putting it on auto, which is always appreciated.

Ah, makes sense about practice squad guys, I guess. Just confusing because when choosing the roster when creating the franchise, the game prompts you for either 75 man roster or custom roster. I guess custom is less than 75...but not by much, haha. Oh well.

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT

Everybody MAKE SURE your roster is down to 53 players by 11:59 PM ET on 9/11.

Also, didn't jza1218 link to an EA article talking about being able to put yourself on autopilot from the website? I didn't see the option on there either...as the website appears to be largely unchanged. But I could have sworn this was mentioned...along with the "co-commissioner" thing. I wonder if those features are going to end up like the mobile app announcement that we got with Madden 12 that was finally just implemented this year, haha. Maybe some day.

Ah, great. I think I fucked myself during roster cuts. With the Titans switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 this year, players are just kind of all over the place on the depth chart...with former DEs being moved to LB, and some giant ass DTs put down as backup DEs. But of course, the game won't let you change a DE to a DT...so, what I ended up with was cutting one of my only two DTs and being stuck with a 6'4" 322lb rookie as 3rd string LE.

It says that 2 DTs are required, so I'm not even sure if the game will let me play like this, or if I'll have to re-sign Antonio Johnson's stupid ass. I really don't want to cut Daquan Jones, even though he sucks. His OVR is only 3 points less than Johnson, and he's a rookie...whereas Johnson is a 7 year vet, and obviously not going to get any better. God dammit, Madden. How about a little flexibility? It's not like I'm trying to switch a DT to CB here.

The eagles will play their cpu game against the Steelers tomorrow, was busy today with my fussy 3 month old who has colic, hopefully some of you dad's out there understand my pain.

I never played with the texans roster until last night and man they are bad

Anyway I could take over the jets?

Hey I just picked up one of those xbox one madden bundles last night and am interested in joining this league. I played in a cag league way way back I think Madden 10 it was. This is the first madden I have picked up near release in quite awhile.

I would like to control the Patriots if they are still open. My xbox live name is Sir Felgar. 

I'll get back to you on this. I have my thoughts on it, but in the interest of fairness, I'm conferring with siradam and staticz to see if they share my opinion.

Hey I just picked up one of those xbox one madden bundles last night and am interested in joining this league. I played in a cag league way way back I think Madden 10 it was. This is the first madden I have picked up near release in quite awhile.

I would like to control the Patriots if they are still open. My xbox live name is Sir Felgar.
Hey, absolutely. The Pats are all yours! I'll send you an invite later today. Familiarize yourself with the rules and policies in the first post of this thread, and be aware that we'll be advancing to the regular season after 11:59PM ET tomorrow (9/11). So, you'll need to make sure your roster is trimmed to 53 players by then. Welcome to the league!

Just got the game last night. Any chance I could grab the Giants? My XBL is LiquidSnake04

Just got the game last night. Any chance I could grab the Giants? My XBL is LiquidSnake04
Hey, absolutely. The Giants are all yours! I'll send you an invite later today. Familiarize yourself with the rules and policies in the first post of this thread, and be aware that we'll be advancing to the regular season after 11:59PM ET tomorrow (9/11). So, you'll need to make sure your roster is trimmed to 53 players by then. Welcome to the league!

Sorry for copy/pasting the exact same response as above. The comedic timing of it was too good to ignore, lol. Welcome! :)

Nice to see the league growing though. Now, come on. Somebody else join so I can post this message again! haha

Through three quarters vs dolphins and titans. I have zero points. May be a long season.
The bigger issue might be sorting out connection problems. Has anybody else been having trouble with desyncs? When it happened in mine and jweathers game, he mentioned that it's a known problem for Franchise mode...but I haven't really looked into it. I did play two ranked games after that though, and both went just fine. I can say with certainty that my NAT is open too (one feature I really like about XB1...how easy it is to check your connection).

All right, quick turnaround as both siradam and staticz got back to me fairly quickly...and we were of one mind (and it was hot, lol). Sorry, but switching teams will not be allowed. It just sets a bad precedent. Everybody had a fair chance of submitting a top 5 list. If you're allowed to switch, and then somebody else says "I don't like my team either." what am I supposed to do? Just can't allow it, man. We all picked who we picked. Sorry.

I'll get back to you on this. I have my thoughts on it, but in the interest of fairness, I'm conferring with siradam and staticz to see if they share my opinion.

Hey, absolutely. The Pats are all yours! I'll send you an invite later today. Familiarize yourself with the rules and policies in the first post of this thread, and be aware that we'll be advancing to the regular season after 11:59PM ET tomorrow (9/11). So, you'll need to make sure your roster is trimmed to 53 players by then. Welcome to the league!
The game says we only have to cut down to 59, should we still cut to 53?

Ok, silentghost227 and kill3r7 both have invites. Outlaw1986 still hasn't rejoined as well. Not sure if he just hasn't played the game lately or what's going on there. He's more than welcome to rejoin though. The coach thing was just a goof. No big deal. Also, I tried sending deuce an invite again, and it still says he hasn't connected to the game...so, I'm guessing he's still at Comcast's mercy.

It's about to get real very soon. Hope you guys all get in in time.

We are skipping to regular season after this so the last cuts would be simmed if you haven't gotten to 53.
tumblr_inline_mhkthfnGRM1qz4rgp.gif

The bigger issue might be sorting out connection problems. Has anybody else been having trouble with desyncs? When it happened in mine and jweathers game, he mentioned that it's a known problem for Franchise mode...but I haven't really looked into it. I did play two ranked games after that though, and both went just fine. I can say with certainty that my NAT is open too (one feature I really like about XB1...how easy it is to check your connection).
The other franchise I am in requires everyone to set their Kick Aiming Arc to off and Defensive Graphics to none, saying that users with conflicting settings can experience desyncs.

The other franchise I am in requires everyone to set their Kick Aiming Arc to off and Defensive Graphics to none, saying that users with conflicting settings can experience desyncs.
That's interesting. Not sure it's worth making a requirement for (I was concerned about the kicking arc giving people an unfair advantage...but I think it disappears quickly enough that it's not too bad). But that's definitely something to factor in if people have trouble connecting. It's really odd that it's not an issue in ranked games though.

After looking through this week's user stats, why did the 49rs have 3 4th down conversions in a game when they were up 17-0 after the 2nd quarter lol. People trying to look good against the cpu in preseason I guess.

It was pre-season and I was trying to get various players plays so I could see who I want to keep at RB. I got like 5 good RBs. I only did it on short 4ths cuz it was preseason. It will not happen in the regular season. No extra experience was gained on those plays as they were pretty much all 1-2 yd runs with my 4th and 5th string RBs. It wouldn't sub anybody other than Hyde in and I wanted to see how lattimore and hunter ran. I didn't score on any of those 4th downs. I scored on my first drive then had a turnover for a TD the next play. That was pretty much it for scoring. It had nothing to do with trying to run up the score or look good. It's a preseason CPU game that doesn't count for anything so I wanted to try a few plays in those spots. Isn't preseason for working out the kinks? I didn't gain any xp all the plays were sma 1-2 yd runs. My run game sucks! Sorry if I pissed anybody off I don't want that. I'm excited for the season to start. Also so I can clear any worries you guys have about me as a owner. Once again I am sorry.

After looking through this week's user stats, why did the 49rs have 3 4th down conversions in a game when they were up 17-0 after the 2nd quarter lol. People trying to look good against the cpu in preseason I guess.

It was pre-season and I was trying to get various players plays so I could see who I want to keep at RB. I got like 5 good RBs. I only did it on short 4ths cuz it was preseason. It will not happen in the regular season. No extra experience was gained on those plays as they were pretty much all 1-2 yd runs with my 4th and 5th string RBs. It wouldn't sub anybody other than Hyde in and I wanted to see how lattimore and hunter ran. I didn't score on any of those 4th downs. I scored on my first drive then had a turnover for a TD the next play. That was pretty much it for scoring. It had nothing to do with trying to run up the score or look good. It's a preseason CPU game that doesn't count for anything so I wanted to try a few plays in those spots. Is preseason for working out the links? Sorry if I pissed anybody off I don't want that.
I appreciate both of these posts. Good on Philthy Bird for noticing something potentially odd and saying something. And good on Msn1983 for explaining it.

The explanation is reasonable enough for me...for now. There are certain things we don't know and have to take his word for. He says they were short yardage situations, but we don't know field position. So, I don't have a problem giving him the benefit of the doubt in this instance.

The thing about people who do egregiously wrong things is they usually do them in more than one game. If anybody is doing something questionable, it will come up multiple times, against multiple opponents. That's how people develop a reputation. Based on this one instance, I don't think this is anything to get too up in arms over. In general though, people should always be aware of the things they're doing and the attention it might receive. "Big brother is watching" and all that stuff, lol :)

Ok I'll rejoin today. Sry to busy playing Destiny but I'll at least rejoin and get my game in every few days. Also the Rams loss last Sunday to Minnesota made me depressed about football. Lol
Edit: I'm watching a movie with my fiancé right now but after this she will make dinner and I should rejoin in a couple hours from now. :)

Ok rejoined the league. Are we going to play the last pre season game? I'd like to get one more in and when does the roster have to be cut down to 53? I probably won't have time to do that until Saturday maybe.

We are not playing the last preseason game. Cuts have to be made today. The website can be used, although it is cumbersome.

I just made my cuts and played my game. I noticed that the Giants owner did not create a coach. I am mentioning this now so it can be addressed before the regular season so the new owner doesn't have to forfeit any further XP earned.

Well if we must advance I'll probably just let it do that. Thanks.
Sorry, man. This advance was discussed at length and has been scheduled for 3+ days. I can't stress enough, things happen in this thread. I try my damndest to run everything by people before putting it in motion. But I can't grab people by the ear while they're off doing whatever and make them read the thread so they know what's going on.

You said it yourself, you've been playing Destiny. I'm not going to be like "Bahh...what's wrong with you??? You should eat, breathe, and shit Madden!", lol. But it shouldn't exactly be shocking that you missed out on something either. Just the way it goes.

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT

Ok, guys! We have advanced to Week 1 of the regular season! Woohoo!

Hopefully, most everybody got done what they needed to get done with their team. If not...it's not the end of the world. It's a long season and this is going to be a long franchise. There's going to be plenty of time for wins, losses, dun goofeds, and Maddenings.

Among the casualties from the final roster cuts was HB Boobie Dixon from the Buffalo Bills. I don't know about you guys, but I hate to see Boobie(s) go. If that joke wasn't immature enough for you, here's another...when you look him up in the phone book, it says Dixon Boobie....DIX ON BOOBIE (yes, I realize his real name is Anthony...shut up, lol). Ok, that's all I got.

Anyway...we'll be on our regular 4 day advance schedule now, so the deadline for Week 1 games will be 9/15! Start contacting your opponent and getting those games scheduled! Good luck to everybody as the games that count get under way! :)

Oh, also, kill3r7, it's possible you just weren't aware, but when you joined, you were supposed to create a coach instead of using the existing one. So, after we advanced, I booted you and sent you a new invite so you can rejoin. I made sure to do it after the advance so your team wouldn't make any dumb roster moves or anything.

The reason for not allowing a real coach is it gives people an unfair advantage when negotiating with free agents if they have a team with a longtime coach who has a huge legacy score versus a team with a rookie coach. Using Tom Coughlin specifically as an example, he has a legacy score of 7,900...where say, Mike Zimmer of the Vikings (whom TimboSliceGB also accidentally joined as) has a legacy score of 0 (technically, Timbo wouldn't have had an unfair advantage by using Zimmer...but you know, continuity and all).

Anyway, just accept your new invite, create a coach, and you'll be good to go. Sorry if that wasn't mentioned. It's been talked about a lot lately, so chances are I just forgot to bring it up.

vikings start season with a 21-14 win over rams 

stats 

cassel - 11 of 24 208 1 td 2int

bradford 15 of 22 175  2 td 1 int

peterson  122 yds 1 td

stacy 24 yds 1 td

Oh, also, kill3r7, it's possible you just weren't aware, but when you joined, you were supposed to create a coach instead of using the existing one. So, after we advanced, I booted you and sent you a new invite so you can rejoin. I made sure to do it after the advance so your team wouldn't make any dumb roster moves or anything.

The reason for not allowing a real coach is it gives people an unfair advantage when negotiating with free agents if they have a team with a longtime coach who has a huge legacy score versus a team with a rookie coach. Using Tom Coughlin specifically as an example, he has a legacy score of 7,900...where say, Mike Zimmer of the Vikings (whom TimboSliceGB also accidentally joined as) has a legacy score of 0 (technically, Timbo wouldn't have had an unfair advantage by using Zimmer...but you know, continuity and all).

Anyway, just accept your new invite, create a coach, and you'll be good to go. Sorry if that wasn't mentioned. It's been talked about a lot lately, so chances are I just forgot to bring it up.
Done. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back