Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind getting in if possible folks. been a few years but I have been in CAG leagues before. Are the Steelers still available?

Madden always seems to crash when you are starting to play well.  Was just driving in the red zone for a score in a tie game against the AI Jags right before half and it crashes on me and goes back to the dashboard.

Edit - And in typical EA fashion, I have several key players get hurt in the replay.  Thankfully it looks like they just missed the rest of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind getting in if possible folks. been a few years but I have been in CAG leagues before. Are the Steelers still available?
Yes, they are. I'm not sure if I remember your gamertag. Just post your info and I'll send you an invite the next time I'm in the game.

Madden always seems to crash when you are starting to play well. Was just driving in the red zone for a score in a tie game against the AI Jags right before half and it crashes on me and goes back to the dashboard.

Edit - And in typical EA fashion, I have several key players get hurt in the replay. Thankfully it looks like they just missed the rest of the game.
Yeah, it's really weird how games just crash back to the dash now. I guess maybe it's better than locking up...although that still seems to happen too. XB1 is an odd beast.

I can't get a hold of The Lions. He sent me a message the day we advanced. I told him I could play the next day at 2 but never heard back then sent him a pm asking about a game after that game went by. Still no response. I can't play till after the lions game since I'm from Michigan I gotta watch. If he can't play tonight is autopilot possible so my guys don't get hurt in a sim.

Jesus Christ, I just got buttfucked by this game. Against the CPU Bucs, 90 OVR Jason McCourty couldn't stay within 10 fucking yards of his man (man coverage). Just wide the hell open easy completions for Mike fucking Glennon.

Then, 94 carry Shonn Greene fumbles twice inside the Tampa Bay 20 yard line. Seriously, go fuck yourself, EA. I might be skipping my next few CPU games after that one. I have the Jags next week, so don't anybody expect me to be putting the game in any time soon.

I can't get a hold of The Lions. He sent me a message the day we advanced. I told him I could play the next day at 2 but never heard back then sent him a pm asking about a game after that game went by. Still no response. I can't play till after the lions game since I'm from Michigan I gotta watch. If he can't play tonight is autopilot possible so my guys don't get hurt in a sim.
You're lucky you caught me while I was still in the game. Lions are now on auto.

I've been doing this for a lot of people lately (at least 6). Can we try to fend for ourselves a bit here, guys? For those who don't know, you CAN put yourself on autopilot.

1. Scroll to "League" tab

2. Navigate to "Settings" icon in bottom right corner, Press A

3. Navigate to "User Teams", Press A

4. Find your name, Press A. Select Autopilot and choose duration.

Obviously, this doesn't help with people just disappearing mysteriously. But if you have any kind of notice at all, try to remember to put yourself on autopilot. Since this can't be done from the website (thanks again, EA) and the game has to be booted up every single time to put somebody on auto, everybody pitching in really makes a difference.

Yeah... I never heard back from him about last week's game. Played the CPU to avoid sim injuries and of course I lost by 3.

Aaron Rodgers went into that Detroit game low on confidence AGAIN after I built him back up. Rodgers lost 7 total confidence points from the previous game, including 4 for having a "terrible game". That terrible game saw Rodgers go 12/16 for 190 yards, 1 TD, and no INT.

I am currently trying to muster up the strength to waste 45 minutes playing the CPU just to avoid simulated injuries. It's very difficult to justify putting any more than the bare minimum of time into this game anymore.

Yeah...I really hope they scrap the confidence system for next year. It's incredibly crippling and unfair. I honestly believe EA has reached their peak with their sports games. They basically are what they are at this point and we've seen as good as they can do. Madden is Madden and it's generally going to play how it always plays from here on out. I see no signs of EA making their games any smarter...next gen or not.

Conversely, if anyone has never tried the game Mount Your Friends, now that's a great time (and it's every bit as provocative as it sounds, haha). It started off in the cesspool that was XBox Live Indie Games, but made its way onto Steam and found a larger following. It also probably has a better understanding of physics than most EA Sports games, lol :lol:

I played Mount Your Friends on the 360 before I upgraded. It's actually a really fun little game. Quick matches that make for some great laughs.

I'm glad I never look at confidence and just chalk up terrible plays to both Madden and being the Redskins.

Matt, let me know what works best for you this week. Wednesday is my best bet at the moment.

Season 2 is really ruining my views of this game.  It is so utterly ridiculous to have QB's like Luck not be able to hit a wide open receiver because of confidence and then have Ryan Fitzpatrick come in after Geno Smith gets hurt and play lights out.  Also having corners in the high 80's in man coverage leaving shitty receivers wide open every play.

Getting old really quickly.

Hey sorry guys, it isn't like me to be so unavailable.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to jump ship. I just don't have the flexibility in my schedule that I normally do and when I do have free time, I'm doing something else. 

Hopefully I'll catch some of you guys in other games or maybe my schedule will open back up next year. 

lol...I'm still not sure what it is with sports leagues on CAG anymore. I mean, they never had an exceptional success rate, but Madden has always been fairly consistent. Is it because CAG traffic is down? Is it because we're all getting older? Or is it because the games just aren't as good as they used to be?

Maybe it's a combination and because of how long we've all been playing these games our tolerance level is much lower? It just feels really weird that the excitement for these big money AAA games seems to wear off quicker and quicker. It seems like more and more people are spending $60 and being over the game in like a months time. Even now...the game has been out barely over 4 months. That's $15 per month to play virtual football. What the frak is going on?

The biggest thing that is hurting these games is the exclusivity deals.  This is the only football game out there, especially now that they dropped NCAA too.  Same goes for the NHL series, we get games where there doesn't have to be major improvements done because there is no alternative to EA.  Therefore the big improvements for the year become "look how realistic the grass looks this year", or "look at how the jerseys react to contact."

One thing I thought I would love that has actually really annoyed me is the tackle collisions.  I thought I would love not having canned animations for tackles but it is ridiculous how much it varies in one game.   You will get a few plays where the runner runs into a brick wall and still gets an extra 5 yards because of the stumbling and spinning forward animations but then later you get a broken tackle that loses 7 yards because the runner ends up stumbling backwards off of like 3 people and keeps going the wrong way.  

I had a 10 yard pass end up as a 1 yard gain this last game because of that, the receiver broke several tackles but kept stumbling backwards each time before he finally got tackled.

Yeah I wish I has some sort of explanation but I really don't. I'm still playing a lot, but it has shifted to 3DS and Steam more than X1. Madden just doesn't draw me in like it used to.

Since we're pimping Steam now, I might as well post this here too for anybody who might get some use out of it:

new BundleStars bundle with 10 games for $3.50 including Guns of Icarus, To The Moon, Last Inua, Probably Archery, and others.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/bloodshed-bundle

I own 3 of the games already and I'm still consdidering it, haha. That damn Last Inua game looks really good. Chronology looks interesting too. Obvious Braid ripoff, but looks to have some style of its own.

So is this league over? I still haven't heard from Seattle. Seems like nobody cares anymore.
No, there's no reason to just pull the plug. Seattle is on an infinite autopilot (he can turn autopilot off if he ever has interest in playing again). As today is the last day to play, feel free to play the CPU.

We'll keep going as long as we have people playing. I can't force people to want to play Madden. And teams will be autopiloted/dropped as needed. And whoever makes it to the end, makes it to the end. Now, whether or not we'll have enough interest to justify a 3rd season is a bridge we'll cross when we get there.

So I'm actually playing Seatle we were able to get a game. We are starting now so please wait a hour.

Game is over. You can advance.

Ok, we have advanced to Week 5. The deadline for this week will be 1/12.

Also, I tried to send jlarlee/Listerfiend78 a league invite, but the game told me he hasn't connected to Madden online yet. It won't let me send one until you do that, man.

One last thing, I've got staticz (Detroit) on an infinite autopilot. I know he said he's over Madden, but I felt bad just booting him. Maybe I can't let go, lol. Either way, if you play Detroit, unless staticz returns reinvigorated at some point, you can play the CPU.

The league ain't dead as long as I'm in it. I've played so many offline franchises in the offseason in the past, even if it gets down to 2 people, I'll be happy to see a real opponent in the Super Bowl every year!

I think I am done with this game.  Just not enjoying it anymore, not sure if it is the confidence ratings or what but it is a complete farce to hit wide open receivers in the hands over and over and have them drop everything and then have the other team get catches where they catch a ball way behind them while reaching through a defender to do it and have it happen every week.

Thanks to Nate for running it and everyone else for the good times last season.

Dolphins over Patriots 13-7.

Tannehill knocked out of game in 3rd quarter with a 4 week Broken Thumb.  My rookie 64 OVR QB took over and went 7/9..74 Yards. 

Patriots returned an interception for a Touchdown in the 3rd quarter.

I believe this is the first time i've ever beaten felgar. Kind of exciting. (5 games now? 4?)

Titans - 7

Texans - 3

In a weird way, this one kind of felt like a pre-season game. Both teams offenses moved the ball pretty well on their opening drives, each resulting in scores. After that, we couldn't do fuck all with the ball...and traded lots of interceptions, fumbles, and punts. I mean, I guess our defenses stood out...as neither of us could run for shit either (we combined for 18 total rushing yards...most of which came on a 13 yd QB scramble by Tanabeo in the game's final minutes).

Like I've been saying, for whatever reason, the game feels like it's regressed back to last year's gameplay somehow. I don't think there have been any more patches or tuning...maybe it's related to the confidence/progression system. I have no idea. But there were weird penalty calls, throws that should have been INTs that weren't, throws that shouldn't have been INTs that were, catches receivers made in double coverage, catches receivers didn't make when they were wide open. Basically, we played...and things happened, lol. It was Mario Party...but less hilarious.

GG to Tanabeo...and kudos to him for not accepting an odd unnecessary roughness penalty on a QB rollout where basically half the players were just streaking toward the sideline, the ball was thrown out of bounds...and I think I might have switched into one of the guys...but then there was a massive pile up, and of course on that one the ref finds his flag. But if a DB just outright tackles a WR in the open field as a pass is coming toward him, it's fine. Oh Madden, my Madden, haha.

Not going to post stats because there hardly were any, lol. :lol:

GG I was thinking the flag was for me throwing past the line of scrimmage but then I read it and knew it was bs 

Sorry, guys. I got wrapped up in Viscera Cleanup Detail last night and forgot all about advance, lol.

We have advanced to Week 6 now. If we need to stretch things a day, we can. But for now, I'll still put the deadline at 1/16.

All right...noticing some oddities here:

Week 5

Panoramic15...you beat Denver (if I remember correctly, you played the CPU here), 41-6...scoring 21 points in the 4th quarter, no rushing TDs, and 6 TD passes for Jay Cutler. I'm confused by the score...but I guess you missed a PAT in the 2nd quarter?

When you're playing like this, it's no wonder Cutler's got almost 2,500 passing yards by Week 6. Other people are putting in backups and running the ball in blowout games. You should know better than this by now. This is a strike.

Week 6

silentghost227...almost the same deal as Panoramic15, in your most recent game against CPU Buffalo, you won 42-14, scoring 21 points in the 4th quarter, no rushing TDs, and 6 TD passes for Jimmy Garoppolo.

We can't have people playing like that, man. This is a strike as well.

Other people are LOSING to the CPU, and you guys are running up scores and mining XP for your starting QBs. That's not cool, man.

I am going to dip out. It has been fun guys. I just feel like this Madden is so much more difficult to decent at. The watering down of the run game has made this game boring. This is the worst Madden game I have played. I do not say that lightly. There is also almost no passion to play any of my games. I don't enjoy it anymore. Maybe next years game will be better. Thanks for your work running the league, Nate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back