Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="CAGLeagueSports" post="12416182" timestamp="1421376490"]

All right...noticing some oddities here:

Week 5
Panoramic15...you beat Denver (if I remember correctly, you played the CPU here), 41-6...scoring 21 points in the 4th quarter, no rushing TDs, and 6 TD passes for Jay Cutler. I'm confused by the score...but I guess you missed a PAT in the 2nd quarter?

When you're playing like this, it's no wonder Cutler's got almost 2,500 passing yards by Week 6. Other people are putting in backups and running the ball in blowout games. You should know better than this by now. This is a strike.

I agree with the strike but I just wanna point out I super-simmed the entire second half. I had to hurry. I noticed the odd amount of passing but I didn't know if there is a way I can change my CPU settings or something. My bad. I'll just milk the clock instead of simming from now on.

Wow...it looks like he just arbitrarily started following the wrong receiver.

"But that's SO realistic, bro! Sometimes players get confused!"

EA Sports...replicating the shittiest, most frustrating aspects of professional sports, lol.

Sometimes when I play this game, I really start to wonder how much I actually have control over. You've got stuff like this...then you've got players dropping balls that are thrown right at them with nobody else around...then you've got fumbles...then you've got o-line blocking.

All of those things are basically just decided by the game, and could very well be completely random and decided before the game even begins (or at the very least before each half...since I have seen my team have a completely different 2nd half). I mean, the higher your skill level, the better you can do IN SPITE of those things...you can get rid of the ball quickly with no pass protection, you can make up for dropped INTs/catches...you can dominate on defense to make up for getting screwed over by fumbles.

But it's still not a fair representation of your skill level...and this is magnified when you have two human opponents going against each other. There's just so much arbitrary stuff and luck that goes into the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've got stuff like this...then you've got players dropping balls that are thrown right at them with nobody else around...then you've got fumbles...then you've got o-line blocking.
Oh you want players dropping passes when they're wide open? I've got that too.

Rookie receiver with 84 catching, 86 spectacular catch and 88 catch in traffic dropped this one.

http://youtu.be/Taf9aW13YD0

Got a tough stretch of games coming up... If i can get through those three or four unscathed, i could be looking at a perfect season

Dude...40 minutes. Seriously...you posted this 40 minutes after the deadline. I haven't said anything in the past, but when you post this, are you legitimately inquiring about whether or not we have advanced? (which you could check on your own) Or is it meant as a not-so-subtle prodding like "Hey, let's hurry up and advance already"?

I'm honestly not sure how you're trying to come across here.

Just asking... I have 4 leagues and this one has no website that i can check. It's a serious inquiry. Keeping track of advances gets tricky so i just ask instead of assuming

And for the record... I don't understand why 40 minutes is being thrown out there as if it were 40 seconds... I'm military so punctuality is a big deal for me. On time is late, and late is mission failure so if you say advance is at midnight, I don't think I'm wrong for asking about it at 12:01 if I choose to do so

Just asking... I have 4 leagues and this one has no website that i can check. It's a serious inquiry. Keeping track of advances gets tricky so i just ask instead of assuming
Ok, if it's a serious inquiry, I'll answer accordingly. I know the EA league website isn't good for much, but it will reliably show you what week your league is on. I can completely understand the desire to have a means outside of the game to keep up with leagues. That's been one of my biggest gripes about Madden for a long time (even the old MLB 2K games had more website management options).

But again, it will at least allow you to check if we've advanced or not. So, maybe you'll find some use in it in that respect.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/connected-franchise/home/148390.xone

And for the record... I don't understand why 40 minutes is being thrown out there as if it were 40 seconds... I'm military so punctuality is a big deal for me. On time is late, and late is mission failure so if you say advance is at midnight, I don't think I'm wrong for asking about it at 12:01 if I choose to do so
Have a child (or more specifically, a 3 year old). 40 minutes might as well be 40 seconds, lol. I realize we're talking about midnight (well, 11 PM for me)...but I can't promise when I'll be at my computer. I could be on a trip to the bathroom, I could be calming back down after a bad dream, or I could be rearranging stuffed animals that just aren't "the right way"...or sometimes, all of the above.

Additionally, I would imagine that misreading your orders would also result in mission failure. It's never been stated that ADVANCE is at midnight. I've always worded it as the DEADLINE being at midnight. For me, this is just an understanding that games should be finished by that time and I can advance us whenever my next opportunity is.

I will admit, there have been times when I've forgotten or something came up and then I went to bed or whatever. And that's on me. But I generally assumed that most people were ok with it and weren't chomping at the bit to play their next CPU game the same night we advanced.

Ultimately, hopefully this is no big deal. I'm not trying to come across as a dick. It just seemed like there was a legitimate misunderstanding, and I wanted to explain it.

No problems... And I have a 4 year old, staring down the barrel of her turning 5, so I definitely understand. I didn't know that ea provided a website for this Madden.

No problems... And I have a 4 year old, staring down the barrel of her turning 5, so I definitely understand. I didn't know that ea provided a website for this Madden.
Cool. Yeah, as long as the website doesn't break down entirely, it's at least kind of maybe a little bit helpful, haha.

For those who have been following along with our disappearing user teams, the website now believes that four owners do not have teams. It started with statnut, then spread to JCariello...and now both RevCottonMarcus and MurdaModeLV have joined them. They're all still listed under the "users" tab...they just have no team next to them. It also says their last game was "bye" and their next game is "bye", haha.

I still have no idea what causes this. It just seems to randomly happen.

Was looking forward to my game with the panthers. Didn't go well for me. Lost 30 to 7 but I actually feel I played as best I could. I know free agency is open, how many moves am I allowed? I ask because.

Rg3 hurt
shitty kirk cousins hurt

Tres way just qb'd for me. He did not do well. I really don't want to waste my FA moves on josh freeman and Blaine Gabbert so I'm hoping you can throw me a bone here.

Oh yeah, Alf Morris is hurt too.....

Tannehill Hurt....Zero more points put up on the scoreboard. Imagine that. 

Titans over Dolphins 14-10. 

GG n8. (GOD that game sucked! )

GG, siradam. Like I said, defensive games make me so freaking nervous because you basically can't give up one play or you're screwed. I was fortunate to get good matchups on Hunter on those two deep throws and he was able to just run under them. But I played the entire rest of the game waiting for the other shoe to drop, and for whatever reason, it didn't.

There were some oddities in that game too. A few dropped INTs for both sides, a couple INTs where it looked like the receiver was going to get the ball, and then the DB just snatched it. And then that run I had at the end where I bounced backward like 4 yards and lost yards on the play. Not to mention Tannehill getting injured by the CPU while I was in coverage with my FS. Basically, it was Madden.

Oh, and I can't forget the INT, tackle, fumble, fumble recovery by tackler play that Mike Wallace pulled off. I'll have video of that one up later. I was sitting there like "WTF just happened...?" lol.

Was looking forward to my game with the panthers. Didn't go well for me. Lost 30 to 7 but I actually feel I played as best I could. I know free agency is open, how many moves am I allowed? I ask because.

Rg3 hurt
shitty kirk cousins hurt

Tres way just qb'd for me. He did not do well. I really don't want to waste my FA moves on josh freeman and Blaine Gabbert so I'm hoping you can throw me a bone here.

Yea, you had a mean uphill battle when Cousins went down. I didn't expect to have a run game with Jonathan Stewart hurt. You did play well, all things considered

Rg3 hurt
shitty kirk cousins hurt

Free agency is open. It's been open since the start of this season (I've even left it in the thread title to remind everybody). You can sign and release whoever you want (as long as it doesn't violate other policies...ie. cutting your own guys and quickly re-signing them to reduce your team salary).

gr6dv.jpg

Well played!

I checked the site first, so I knew the answer. Just wanted to make a little Deuce meme/joke. ;)

Don't think you threw a pass beyond 5 yards... And they're all drags/slants. I have ways of stopping it but I don't want to get into cheese territory

Is it too late to join? I just got the game, and though I suck pretty bad, I'd like to play. Would love to pick up the Bills (or Vikings if they're taken).
Nope, not too late to join. And the Bills are available. You have to load up the online portion of the game before it will let me send you an invite though. So, just do that and I'll get you an invite sometime tomorrow (assuming your XBL gamertag is MillerTime2325 as it says in your CAG profile).

Ok, we have advanced to Week 10. The deadline for this week will be 2/1.

MillerTime2523, I also sent your invite. So, feel free to join at your soonest convenience. Just make sure you review the league rules in the first post of this thread. Thanks!

Titans - 17

Saints - 14

Wow...LV just got EA'd pretty hard. Though to be fair...he wasn't totally innocent, lol. He came out with a dominant run game in this one, just riding DeMarco Murray all the way down the field. I never really gave up a big play, but he just kept finding holes, stiff-arming, and falling forward. I couldn't stop him. This "opening drive" ended in a TD with 3:19 left to play in the FIRST HALF.

Already feeling a sense of urgency, I tried forcing some throws, got intercepted, and quickly gave the ball back in my own end of the field. Loading up to stop Murray, my defense let Jimmy Graham get open for another TD to give the Saints a 14-0 lead.

Again, I got the ball, and tried to be a little more judicious moving it downfield. It was working, as I got it to the Saints 35 yard line...and then fumbled, giving the ball right back. With only 0:40 left in the half, LV went for the throat...trying to get one more score before I would get the ball to start the 3rd quarter.

When I stopped him short at his 46 yard line, bringing up 4th and 1, he called a hurry up. I was out of timeouts, so I thought maybe he was just trying to let the clock run out without going back to the playcall screen. Nope...with :02 left snapped it and threw up the deep ball. Fortunately, it was incomplete. I'm not sure how I feel about the play. It's really aggressive...but I guess some teams do it.

Coming out of the half, I knew I had to switch up my game. So, I started going 5 wide. And being down 14-0...with LV's drives taking the better part of 7 minutes, I REALLY felt urgency. So, I used hurry up to try to get something going. Fortunately, it worked, and I was able to put a TD on the board with 2:48 left in the 3rd quarter.

LV went straight back to pounding the ball, getting yards with relative ease, until I finally intercepted him at my 29 yard line with 4:37 left in the game. Finally feeling like I had some time to work, I was able to mix in some run plays, until faced with a do-or-die 4th and 9 at the New Orleans 28 yard line with 1:52 left to play. Somehow, I hit Justin Hunter in the end zone for his 2nd TD catch, knotting the game up at 14.

LV had all 3 timeouts, and almost 2 minutes to work with, so I told myself just to force OT. But another Drew Brees interception, this time by Zack Brown gave me the ball back at my 47 yard liine with 0:25 left in the game...and I was out timeouts. This is where EA went full retard. I tried to get a play toward the sideline, but was sacked, then had to hurry up to get my guys all the way back down field.

With 0:10 left, I threw up a prayer toward Mike Williams...into double coverage. It hits off a Saints DB, rolls around his chest, and somehow into Williams hands at like the 5 yard line. I probably could have taken it in for a TD...but I was so bewildered that he caught it, I just ran out of bounds...with 0:03 left. FG FTW.

I don't know what the hell to think about this game. Again...we played, and things happened. Was it EA giveth and EA taketh away for LV? Was it karma for the hurry up 4th down hail mary at the end of the 1st half? Did I just start playing better? Who the hell knows. I definitely don't feel like I soundly outplayed or beat LV in any way. His forced fumble when I was driving in the 1st half was fortunate, and my stupid lob pass to set up the field goal was fortunate. I'm not sure what we had any control over.

GG, LV. And I'm sorry, I guess...? lol.

GG N8. No sorry necessary. That first Bree's pick was retarted.

As for the last play, the same exact thing happened to me against the Bears last year, so I probably should switch up my Hail Mary defense.

And the 4th and 1 at :02, at the line I thought I had single coverage on Cooks and it was a free play with no downside, so I tossed it up.

GG N8. No sorry necessary. That first Bree's pick was retarted.

As for the last play, the same exact thing happened to me against the Bears last year, so I probably should switch up my Hail Mary defense.

And the 4th and 1 at :02, at the line I thought I had single coverage on Cooks and it was a free play with no downside, so I tossed it up.
Yeah, weird stuff just happens in this game. I had a similar play go against me earlier this season against DarkTower (Colts) before he dropped. My coverage was there...and it didn't matter. Hakeem Nicks just snatched the ball off the deflection.

As for the first half hail mary, I get it. It just gets into the "happy to go into the half up 14-0" line of thinking. Some coaches are...some aren't. It probably would have been more egregious if you were getting the ball to start the 3rd quarter. But I can't really fault the logic in wanting the points when I'm sitting here staring at the final score.

I mean, you could probably question my hurry up in the 3rd quarter in a similar way...but I had nothing going at that point and felt like I was drowning. 5 wide hurry up can just be the kick in the nuts to get your guys going sometimes. Your offense was stout though. I felt lucky to get any stops at all.

I hear you on the 5 wide hurry up. I didn't have a problem with it.

I tried to give Bree's a little more responsibility this game and it definitely backfired, but he picked up some big first downs as well.

As always, I really enjoyed this game like all the non-CPU games. Especially ones as close as that.

Bears - 28
49ers - 31

Insane game! Gore had 16 carries for 192 yds and 4 TDs! Including 3 20+ carries. My line was just crushing the Bears D line. I would have 2-3 blockers running with me all the way to the end zone. Chicago's undefeated streak comes to a end and the 49ers re-establish themselves as a powerhouse in the NFC. Great Game Chicago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back