Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I wait to hear from the Giants or can I just go ahead and knock that game out?
Definitely take another crack at contacting him. Maybe try XBL message this time too? You've got 4 days to get the game in, so there shouldn't be any hurry. Maybe he was out of town...or had some other legitimate reason for missing this week. I'd just hate to write a guy off that quickly when it's a playoff game on the line.

Who ended up getting NFC bye's? I know we had a 4 way tie @ 13-3. I hope I didn't get a bye. I lost 2nd rd with my bye last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get this madden I got 50k exp on my QB for getting rookie of the year but only get about 800 for having a 400+ yard game

Yeah, I still thoroughly hate the XP system. Teams that are already good always get better. It's not really realistic or fair. I kind of wish EA would just simplify it back to the way it used to be. Young players get better if they have good seasons...but a reasonable amount. And no arbitrary training of one player while the rest of the team doesn't grow at all. This idea that only one player improves is stupid...but yet the amount that he can improve is also stupid.

I'm sure Tanabeo did the same thing I did this season and dumped the majority of his game prep into his rookie QB. I didn't even finish with as good of numbers as him, and I still raised my guy from a 75 to an 83 (so far). Honestly, part of me wouldn't even mind if they just put all players on a damn bell curve, according to how old they are...and just have it shaped differently depending on their potential and what type of prospect they are.

EDIT - Actually, yeah...looking at my roster on the website, I'm guessing I had 3 guys make the Pro Bowl because i"ve got 2 offensive linemen (Roos and Warmack) and 1 defensive lineman (Wimbley) with around 15K+ XP. Wimbley is actually close to 20K...and all I did with him this season was rush the QB, lol. Crazy.

Broncos over Dolphins 25-22 in overtime. Heart-breaker for me. Beat Myself. GG stepano. i'll let you do the writeup. 

Like previously stated, a wild wild game.

Close throughout, entered the half Miami up 7-6.

31 yd rush by Lamar Miller to make it 14-6 middle of the 3rd.

Denver responded on the next play after the kickoff with a screen pass to Montee Ball that went for 75 yds. Failed 2 pt. Score at 14-12.

Beginning of the 4th, Denver takes the lead on a 1yd run, 19-14.

After trading punts, Miami gets the ball back and on 3rd & 14, hits Mike Wallace for a 57 yd TD. 2pt conversion good to take the lead 22-19.

Denver drives down to Miami's 6 yard line with about 20 seconds left.. hurry up and spikes it. But lost track of downs and spiked it on 3rd down to make it 4th even though Denver had 1 timeout left. Huge brain fart. Kicks the FG to tie it up and send to OT.

Miami wins coin toss and on the first play throws a pick to TJ Ward. FG by Denver to win in OT 25-22.

Games Scheduled for this Week:

Titans @ Texans (n8 vs tanabeo)

Panthers @ Saints (Deuce vs murdamodelv)

Broncos @ Patriots: Patriots over Broncos 21-10

Bears @ 49ers (RevCottonMarcus vs Jetsetpoker)

I will be streaming the 49ers vs Chicago game for those who might want to watch. I am not sure when we will play yet tho. I'll post in here when we do.

It's a shame Denver lost, I would hate to see a CPU make it to the super bowl.

That was a tough loss. Threw 2 pick 6's, the most crucial happening with 1 minute left and down 14-10 at New England's 20yd line. Got hit right when I threw the ball, the ball was about to fall to Mannings feet but then a patriot happened to be there to pick it off. 

GG Bears.

I planned on playing another season but after the way I lost that game I'm good. Count me out I quit. That's was some pure madden bullshit.

He kicks a FG to tie it with 1:30 left and my returner who I haven't used all game just so some lucky madden fumble shit doesn't happen well this time I have to return it Cuz it's short. As my returner goes down he fumbles it. I lose game over.

I'm good I'm not wasting all this time to have fluke luck decide the outcome. Had I thrown a pick or didn't get a score I wouldn't even be mad that he won. He played a great game but to end a game like that? that was complete bullshit.

GG Bears.

I planned on playing again but after the way I lost that game I'm good. Count me out I quit. That's was some pure madden bullshit.

He kicks a FG to tie it with 1:30 left and my returner who I haven't used all game just so some lucky madden fumble shit doesn't happen well this time I have to return it Cuz it's short. As my returner goes down he fumbles it. I lose game over.

I'm good I'm not wasting all this time to have fluke luck decide the outcome. Had I threw a pick or didn't get a score I wouldn't even be mad that he won. He played a great game but to end a game like that? that was complete bullshit.
Couldn't agree with you more. I don't even like winning when that stuff happens. Funny thing is, I think the first time we played, the same exact thing happened to me. Madden is never fair. Lol. GG. Sorry it had to be like that though.

It's ok its not your fault. You played a great game. I can't stop cutler just as you couldn't stop Gore. I have no complaints about the game it's just bs to waste all this time to have that decide the season.

Let's hope this Joe Montana NFL 15 is going to be as amazing as everybody keeps saying. Did you guys read that OS thread about the game? I guess it's a X1 exclusive. They want it to be like Microsofts version of The Show. There is a clause in madden's NFL deal that allows microsoft first party studios to still use the license.

So...Titans vs Texans...I'm up 14-7 with about a minute left in the 1st half...and my game locks up and sends me back to the dash. Thanks, EA...

Did you get that awesome buzzing noise coming from your speakers?
No, my screen just went black, but I could still hear audio. When it does something like that, I immediately pull up the "guide" or whatever the hell it's called now to make sure my entire system didn't freeze. But nope, it was just the game. Tanabeo said it locked up for him but eventually said "lost connection to player" (when I finally got booted back to the dash I would guess).

So, we had to replay the game...

Titans - 26

Texans - 7

...and of course the feel was very different. On the opening drive, I moved the ball downfield, but then threw an INT on a ball where I did release it a hair early...but it was into a good bit of traffic, and somehow his SS snatched it clean. Tanabeo then proceeded to throw three straight balls that hit my defenders in the hands. Thankfully, that also prompted a 3 and out.

After seeing those two opening drives, I wasn't sure which way the game was going to go, lol...but miraculously, somehow we found ourselves in almost the exact same spot as the first game tied 7-7 with me driving late in the half. But this time instead of a 4th and goal at the 1, I came up with a 4th and goal at the 5...so I kicked the field goal. Another 3 and out gave the Titans the ball back with under a minute to play and all 3 timeouts. This led to another field goal as time expired and a 13-7 lead.

In the second half, the turnovers finally started to swing in the Titans favor as Houston just couldn't get any offense going. Two interceptions and a late game fumble sealed the deal as Tennessee managed to keep piling on and build a 26-7 lead as the 4th quarter ticked down. With the way the game started, no way did I think I would be able to keep Tanabeo's offense off the scoreboard the entire game. My defense finished with 6 freaking pass deflections. I thought for sure eventually that was going to screw me giving that kind of offense extra chances.

It definitely felt like that was some Madden voodoo going on though. Even though I was winning the first game, Tanabeo's QB started off like 7-7 or something. In the do-over, his accuracy just wasn't the same. I would have felt even worse had he been winning the first game when it dropped. Good game to Tanabeo though. He made me really step up and make plays on offense. There were a few balls where if I didn't take control of the receiver and go get them, who knows what would have happened.

Now, I just hope I can beat CPU New England, lol.

Got robbed. He ran the same two running plays all game, and the go ahead td was absolute bullshit. Glad I'm finished with this stupid shit. I'm probably done with Madden for a couple years. Good luck folks

GG Deuce, thanks for calling that timeout during my two minute drill. Probably couldn't of made a TD catch with 8 seconds left without it.

21-17

All right, all games have been played. So, we have advanced to the conference championships.

Titans vs Patriots

Bears vs Saints

And the deadline will be 3/13.

I'll also try to start planning ahead and figure out how the offseason will break down and figure out some draft times.

I was thinking the other day, as curious as I am about an All-Madden 3rd season of this league, I'm also morbidly curious about throwing together an owner mode all sim league...almost fantasy style, where nobody actually plays any games, but you sign players, make trades, move your team to Mexico, etc. lol. Just for pure giggles and shits. :lol: Not sure how that would go though.

Titans - 21

Patriots - 7

Tennessee is going to the Super Bowl! :)

Really glad I was able to beat the CPU Pats again (played them in Week 16, I think)...and do it without my game freezing or anything stupid, so there would be no reason for suspecting any funny business, haha.

The game started out rough though, as Devin McCourty made a leaping INT on my opening drive. As so often it happens, Tom Brady then throws a ball on a flat route where my coverage is there...a good three feet in front of the receiver, annnnd it hits him in the hands and falls harmlessly to the ground. Brady then nickel and dimes down the field using up the entire rest of the 1st quarter and some of the 2nd, before the Pats score a TD to go up 7-0.

After getting the ball back, I still couldn't get anything going. I had a chance near the end of the 1st half, but again turned it over on a deep ball INT. With New England getting the ball back to start the 2nd half, I knew I needed to do something big. Soooo...I rocked the living shit out of them on the next two kickoffs, lol. Seriously. Opening kickoff of the 2nd half, boom, Shaun Phillips murders Devin McCourty knocking the ball loose. Avery Williamson dives on it, rolls, has all day to get back up thanks to the pile of Titans protecting him and takes it in for the TD.

Very next kickoff, this time Julian Edelman receives it, and Williamson hits him hard and makes him cough up the ball. Again, the Titans recover, but are tackled immediately...setting up a drive at the Patriots 19 yard line. A few plays later, Shonn Greene rumbles into the end zone for the go ahead score.

After that, the Tennessee defense just wouldn't let Tom Brady breathe. And by the time the clock expired in the 4th quarter, they had racked up 9 sacks (Kamerion Wimbley had 5 alone) and 1 INT. Couple that with the 2 forced fumbles by special teams from earlier, and it all amounted to a 21-7 Titans win. The defense won me this game for sure. Looking forward to the Super Bowl! :)

Two disconnects in the NFC Championship.

The first I was down 6-0 with the ball and 2:00 min til half. My screen froze. First time all year.

Second disconnect. I was up 21-7 with the ball , 2mins left to half, and I was getting the ball after half. Connection to peer was lost.

You'll like this Nate: his 7 points came after a 4th and inches fake punt run on his 30 yard line EARLY IN THE FIRST. Only down 7-0.
He said he called it because of the first disconnect.

So I suppose my question is, being up 14 with the ball, getting the ball at half and his only points came from a drive after breaking league rules. Does this qualify for a Saints vs. CPU game?

Two disconnects in the NFC Championship.

The first I was down 6-0 with the ball and 2:00 min til half. He would have received at half. My screen froze. First time all year.

Second disconnect. I was up 21-7 with the ball , 2mins left to half, and I was getting the ball after half. Connection to peer was lost.

You'll like this Nate: his 7 points came after a 4th and inches fake punt run on his 30 yard line EARLY IN THE FIRST. Only down 7-0.
He said he called it because of the first disconnect.

So I suppose my question is, being up 14 with the ball, getting the ball at half and his only points came from a drive after breaking league rules. Does this qualify for a Saints vs. CPU game?

If I'm thinking correctly, you're new to the CAG Leagues. In my opinion that play was a spit in the face of everything CAG Leagues have always been about.

I get it, you had a high powered offense, mvp, yada yada yada. Two forces punts with a 75 yard TD run in between couldn't have felt good. But we have rules, and calling a fake punt on your 30 early in the first, only down seven; BREAKS JUST ABOUT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

One might argue that since it was a playoff game, you're entitled to risk it. But I think it makes it twice as bad.

However, I didn't pause, send a message or anything. Just kept on playing.

My question about the Saints vs. CPU is just as much based on the texture of the game. Which I had little doubt I would have one.

After sacking Cutler on your 4. And returning a punt to the 50 with 2:00ish left, it's very possible it would have been 28-7 with me receiving at half.

Usually when there are multiple disconnects, and someone has the game in hand, we have in the past often just let the almost winner finish the game against the CPU and avoid more disconnects.

I think the fake punt, which would undoubtably get you a now meaningless strike, only adds to the case of a Saints vs. CPU Game.

So you doing the exact same run play and exact same defense is "realistic", but one fake punt isnt? And you were up by 2 touchdowns in the first half. Hardly a blow out. You couldn't get a first down in the first game. Does that mean I had it "in hand"? I made a call that actually could happen. If it's really that big of a deal, I'll put myself on auto.

I joined this league to play what I thought was supposed to be realistic and fair football, yet I'm not allowed to take one risk. But people are allowed to use different playbooks and run the same plays all game?

I just want to play football in a league with others. Just to have some fun. Not argue about play calls. I play by the rules in every way. No one's ever complained about me, and I haven't complained about anyone.

Also, I was in the league last year and the year before.

My bad.

Make love. Not war. Lol.

First of all, there's a dispute over where the fake punt occurred. LV is saying that it happened at the Chicago 30 early in the 1st, but Panoramic messaged me and said it was at the 40 late in the 1st. On face value, I'm not sure if it matters, but the 30 would seem way more egregious in my opinion. I'm guessing neither of you said "Xbox, record that"?

Now, regarding the circumstances of the fake punt and any theorizing that the previous disconnect was intentional, I think that's unfair. If it happened twice in games where Chicago led both times, then you could begin to speculate. But one time...I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. There's simply not enough evidence to pin a conviction.

As for the game being "well in hand", I think that's unfair also. I understand the argument that New Orleans had the ball and would be getting the ball to start the second half. But we can't really assume additional scores when turnovers could play a hand. I can't force somebody out of a game down by 14 with an entire half to play.

Having said all that, I think you both need to cool off, give it a day, and try again. Let go of the grudges, stop assuming the worst, and try to have a fun, competitive, respectful game. Things happened. Mistakes were made. Call it a mulligan and play a legitimate game tomorrow.

First of all, there's a dispute over where the fake punt occurred. LV is saying that it happened at the Chicago 30 early in the 1st, but Panoramic messaged me and said it was at the 40 late in the 1st. On face value, I'm not sure if it matters, but the 30 would seem way more egregious in my opinion. I'm guessing neither of you said "Xbox, record that"?

Now, regarding the circumstances of the fake punt and any theorizing that the previous disconnect was intentional, I think that's unfair. If it happened twice in games where Chicago led both times, then you could begin to speculate. But one time...I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. There's simply not enough evidence to pin a conviction.

As for the game being "well in hand", I think that's unfair also. I understand the argument that New Orleans had the ball and would be getting the ball to start the second half. But we can't really assume additional scores when turnovers could play a hand. I can't force somebody out of a game down by 14 with an entire half to play.

Having said all that, I think you both need to cool off, give it a day, and try again. Let go of the grudges, stop assuming the worst, and try to have a fun, competitive, respectful game. Things happened. Mistakes were made. Call it a mulligan and play a legitimate game tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back