Madden 16 Official CAG League - Spots Open! League Progressing! Draft! Panoramic15 Now Commissioner!

Well, I fucked up my undefeated season. Led the now 5-1 Chargers by a score of 14-0 close to halftime. They scored on a 53-yard field goal just before the half and then got a touchdown and 2PC early in the 3rd and another field goal to take the lead. My follow-up score was answered quickly with a touchdown, and I lost 25-21.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, for the most part, it's same old Madden. Sometimes the CPU is terrible. Other times, they play out of their mind and are basically unstoppable.

The games where it feels like you can do nothing to contain them are so frustrating.

We have advanced to Week 7. The deadline for this week will be 10/12 at 11:59PM ET.

Those of you who have submitted trades, the committee is currently reviewing them. Thank you for your patience!

New England Patriots Send:

Patriots 2016 2nd Round Draft Pick

Team Cap Space: 28.1M

For

Cleveland Browns send
Justin Gilbert
Cornerback
OVR: 75

Contract Info: 4 total years,3 years remaining, salary for each remaining year (2015: $3.08M, 2016: $3.08M, 2017: 3.55M), 7.6M signing bonus

SPD: 93, ACC: 91, AWR: 69, CNF: 55, MCV:81, ZCV: 82, PRS: 74, PRC: 70, PUR: 64, JMP: 87, CTH: 75, AGI: 91, Consistency: 24

Team Cap Space: 14.4M
Trade Approved

Texans over Dolphins 34-10 GG adam You were very unlucky your WRs keep dropping everything and mine were just catching them all the one Hopkins got and landed on his head was a joke. 

Bears Send

WR Kevin White Age 23 80 OVR 88 CTH 88 CIT 85 SPC 77 RTE 94 SPD Contract 4 years 2015 3.37 2016 3.37 Bonus 8M Cap pen 2M Per year

LOLB Sam Acho Age 26 76 OVR 82 TAK 79 POW 71 AWR 78 BSH 76 PRC Contract 1 Year 820K 2015 820K Bonus 80k Cap Pen 80k

Cap Space - $31.7M

Texans Send

2nd and 3rd 2016 Draft picks

WR Cecil Shorts Age 27 73 OVR 87 CTH 84 CIT 85 SPC 83 RTE 86 SPD Contract 2 years 2015 2.94 2016 3.06 1M bonus 500k cap pen per year

Cap Space - $19.2M

This would fill my hole at LOLB and I would get a WR with close to the same stats but with more speed
Trade Rejected - Call this one The Antwon Jolly Effect. The trade committee really wasn't enamored with the idea of pillaging CPU teams of their speed receivers after what was displayed with Jolly last year and what has already been displayed somewhat this year.

Everybody knows speed kills in this game. But between the overpowered "aggressive catch" feature and the continued lack of defensive assignments to give defenses a fighting chance, we cannot endorse this practice. Obviously, we can't tell you to not draft speed receivers yourself...but we're not going to give you the keys to the candy store either.

I feel like there should be a 30 for 30 on Antwon Jolly a projected to be undrafted player out of WVU become one of the best WRs

I feel like there should be a 30 for 30 on Antwon Jolly a projected to be undrafted player out of WVU become one of the best WRs
Yeah, it was really ridiculous...probably to the point of gamebreaking. I mean, where were his attributes the highest? I know he had crazy speed...which I guess negates route running and awareness. But was his release high too? What about his spectacular catch? I almost don't like discussing it because I don't really want people to think "Cool...I'll just go do that."

I even HATE telling people how to play. There should be nothing unstoppable about streak routes to a fast receiver (even if he lines up in the slot). But this fucking game and the way it handicaps defenses is so frustrating. If you're lighting me up with Jolly (as opposed to lighting me up jollily), why can't I pause the game, go into my defensive settings, assign my best MCV corner to him and instruct a safety to double team him?

Then, that puts the ball back in your court to see that I'm loading up on that one player use other weapons/plays to beat me. Am I just crazy for thinking this is the way football is supposed to work?

His release was a 93 and all his stats were like 80 everything but awareness was 30 so his OVR was low 50s but its one of the cheapest skills to level up and the only reason I picked him was because he was from WVU.

And it was just something about last madden if you pressed up on any decent release player he would just blow by even with 80 speed players it worked. I seems like they fixed that issue this madden for the most part I always see CBs bump them and just run behind my WRs a step or 2 back 

I assume we advance today, my question is, when will we advance to week 9?  

I actually have a human opponent (Raiders) but my schedule is iffy depending on when the advance is.  If it's an advance on the 19th I can play, but if it's the 18th I will have to be auto-skipped.  

Well, I'm going to roll the dice and advance from the website. I forgot to do it before i turned my Xbox off last night, and I won't have a chance to get on my Xbox until later this evening. I haven't heard of any problems with results not counting (though it does look like there are several unplayed games vs CPU teams).

And again, I'm really not a fan of people who don't want to play their CPU games also getting a perk of having no injuries. Add that on top of me having to inconvenience myself to advance us, and yeah...that "Advance" button on the website starts to look pretty appealing. Most likely, this is how it will be going forward.

So...we have now advanced to Week 8! The deadline for this week will be 10/16.

I assume we advance today, my question is, when will we advance to week 9?

I actually have a human opponent (Raiders) but my schedule is iffy depending on when the advance is. If it's an advance on the 19th I can play, but if it's the 18th I will have to be auto-skipped.
It's just every 4 days. Week 8 runs from 10/13 - 10/16. Week 9 will run from 10/17 - 10/20.

They took it those suckers
Well, for a team that calls a timeout on 4th and 12...down 35-3 in the 4th quarter...with 1:12 remaining....and then comes out and punts the ball, yeah...they're not too bright, haha. I just finished my game against 'da Bears and I still can't believe the game is this stupid.

Naturally, after giving me the ball back, I'm just trying to run the clock out, and my 4th string RB (Matt Asiata) breaks a 71 yard TD run on a play where the Bears defender just tripped and fell down.

Now trailing 42-3, Chicago runs a hurry up after gaining 5 yards on 1st down...annnd spikes the ball to stop the clock with 0:25 remaining (they had one timeout left). The AI is so damn bad. And I don't want to hear "it's cause we're on Superstar." They were dumb as shit on All-Madden last year too. This is just the best EA can do. It's the same football logic that we had on PS2.

Wow...and staying on the subject of "Good job, EA", I just noticed that the website is broken in the exact same way it was last year...and with the same team even. MrExtreme08 is the lucky first recipient this year.

Cleveland is showing up as not having an owner...just as it did last year when jza1218 controlled them and it happened to him first. So, for anybody using the league website as their guide for anything, be careful because it's no longer accurate in its depiction of which teams are human controlled.

Drive goals are so hilariously dumb. Down by a TD, no timeouts, 90 seconds left. Drive goal? "Establish the tempo" and run it 6 times.

GG Matt. I'll be glad if I never play a slog of a game like that again, lol. So much possession football led to so few drives, they were all meaningful.

Holy crap. Had to go to a wedding this weekend. Lost track of my days. fuck me in the goat ass. lol, sorry guys.

Advanced. Week 9 deadline is 10/22 at 11:59PM ET.

I knew you mentioned going out of town and figured you had unreliable internet and/or the Madden league website wasn't functioning properly.

Broncos/Colts tried really hard to play tonight but every time I tried to join his game it told me the session was no longer available and I'm sure he got the same when I tried hosting. Madden sucks. Has this happened to anyone else?

That happened to me when I tried to play the Ravens.  The two of us tried for about 30 minutes before we gave up and just played the next day.  

A 5 point CPU loss following a 4 point CPU loss 2 games ago, both in games where I felt like I got screwed multiple times. So now I'm no longer in first place.

This is the saddest post I've ever had to write, and I'm really mad that this has happened when it's finally time for me to play against human opponents.

I broke my thumb earlier this week (playing actual football!) so I am on the shelf for 3 to 6 weeks.  Please put the Steelers on auto pilot and I will let you know when the cast comes off and I can attempt to play Xbox again.  Sucks 

Vikings - 28

Raiders - 27

GG to IzzyDigilino! Super close game, that in typical Madden fashion, was a rollercoaster. After a huge kick return to start off in great field position, it looked like Oakland would strike first. However, a big sack on 3rd down forced a 61 yard field goal attempt for Sebastian Janikowski. He came up short, and on the Vikings very first play from scrimmage, Adrian Peterson ran for a 49 yard TD.

Oakland responded with another long drive, but more Minnesota "bend but don't break" defense limited them to another field goal attempt...a much shorter one this time, that Janikowski made no problem. On the Vikings next play from scrimmage, Teddy Bridgewater hit Mike Wallace for an 80 yard catch and run TD. It looked like the Minnesota offense could not be stopped.

This is when the wheels kind of fell off for the Vikings. On defense, there were dropped INTs, blown coverage, defenders being trucked for days (Jesus H. Christ...Latavius Murray...what in the actual fuck). Oakland rattled off 21 straight points to take a commanding 24-14 lead after a fumble on the opening kickoff of the 2nd half.

The Vikings offense did their best to rally and put a drive together capped by another AP TD run. Now in the 4th quarter, Oakland drove down field, but again was held to a field goal to give them a 27-21 lead. With about 2 minutes to play, Minnesota started their comeback drive, sparked by a 50 yard run by Jerick McKinnon. After a sack, facing a 3rd and goal, Bridgewater found Jarius Wright in the middle of the field, and he ran 11 yards before being met by contact at the goalline. Somehow he broke the plane, to put the Vikings ahead 28-27 with under a minute to play.

Oakland tried to rally, but ironically, was foiled on 4th and 6 by a miracle sack when I was only rushing 2 by Brian Robison. So, the game kind of ended the same way it began...with me having shitty turnover luck in between (0 INTs, 3 deflections for my defense...1 INT, 0 deflections, 1 FF for Oakland). I didn't think I'd be able to overcome the turnovers...but for whatever reason, Madden was like "here...have these sacks instead". I guess we were screwed equally...so fair game, lol.

Also, what in God's name is wrong with kick returns??? Because of the wind, a lot of the kicks were coming up short, but the damn blockers would not get ahead of the guy catching the ball. Even after he had it, they just fucking meandered around like idiots. On one kickoff, this happened and my returner tripped over them. And on the other is when he got lit up and fumbled. They just refused to block.

Anyway, gg Izzy! Thanks for being understanding about me being late. With three females in my house (wife, 3 year old daughter, 9 month old puppy), I'm rarely in charge of anything, haha.

This is the saddest post I've ever had to write, and I'm really mad that this has happened when it's finally time for me to play against human opponents.

I broke my thumb earlier this week (playing actual football!) so I am on the shelf for 3 to 6 weeks. Please put the Steelers on auto pilot and I will let you know when the cast comes off and I can attempt to play Xbox again. Sucks
Ah, that sucks, man. Sorry that happened! And this is going to sound dumb, but thank you so much for posting that while I still had Madden loaded, lol. I got it taken care of right away. You're on indefinite auto pilot until you give us the word that you can play again. Just heal up and your team will be waiting for you when you're ready.

If you want, it can be sim. I lose to the cpu all the time. I'd rather play a human opponent anyway. Oh well I played and lost 7-6 Damn I suck.

I'm sorry, but I screwed up the date of the deadline in my head. Didn't intend to not play my game, but I was thinking I had another day.

I'm sorry, but I screwed up the date of the deadline in my head. Didn't intend to not play my game, but I was thinking I had another day.
No worries. We all know I've screwed up some days, haha. Besides, both the Titans and Seahawks (and possibly Ravens) have missed their last few games. I'm not turning injuries off for advancement anymore...so I'm a bit less concerned with it than I was before.

I'm so over this game. 

In the first half against the Packers...I had 2 facemask penalties and 1 blocking in the back. IN THE FIRST HALF. What the fuck am I supposed to do with this? My fucking ass is bleeding.

I really think the game just has it programmed for Minnesota to choke any time I play a human opponent. I don't know when the last time I got an INT was. Just so many balls hitting my guys in the hands. Even throws into double coverage...my retards get in each others way and the ball just hits off somebody.

Nothing about this is fun, EA. Nothing. Just make a fair fucking game...

Forgot to post it before I started Halloween festivities with my family today, but we have advanced to Week 12. The deadline for this week will be 11/3 at 11:59PM ET!

Mog and i couldn't get together in the early half of this advance, so i've placed myself on autopilot for him. He has my permission to play the cpu! please dont kill tannehill. Have to head out of town for the weekend, see ya guys on the rebound! 

Man, the CPU QB accuracy in this game is so jacked up. They never miss. You're lucky if you can get them to throw more than 2 incompletions, lol. You'd think every QB in the NFL was Dan Marino.

Wow, week fifteen?  Can anyone tell me how the CPU Steelers have been holding up?  If I'm in the playoff hunt I might suffer through this thumb injury!  :)  

If not, I will shut it down until the offseason.  

Wow, week fifteen? Can anyone tell me how the CPU Steelers have been holding up? If I'm in the playoff hunt I might suffer through this thumb injury! :)

If not, I will shut it down until the offseason.
The Steelers are 7-6...and 2 games behind the Ravens (9-4) in the division. They trail Jacksonville and Kansas City for the wild card (both 8-5). Denver and Oakland also stand at 7-6. So, you basically have 5 teams fighting for 2 spots.

No problem.

Anyone know if Raiders dude is still playing? I assumed he was, but he hasn't been on CAG in 2 weeks and hasn't replied to my XBL message. Admittedly, I only just checked the schedule and contacted him yesterday. But today is the deadline, so I figured I'd ask.

No problem.

Anyone know if Raiders dude is still playing? I assumed he was, but he hasn't been on CAG in 2 weeks and hasn't replied to my XBL message. Admittedly, I only just checked the schedule and contacted him yesterday. But today is the deadline, so I figured I'd ask.
I'm really not sure. He's missed a few games, but I thought he was still active. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I think you've been gifted a couple free sim wins already. So, I'd really prefer that you play the game. I'll put him on auto now so you can get it done.

It sucks because I wanted to actually play him, and I have won my games with human opponents thie season, but he's on XBL now and still not responding. And you're right about the sims, but 2 games that got simmed occurred during the week where I was really sick and unable to play any video games at all.

It sucks because I wanted to actually play him, and I have won my games with human opponents thie season, but he's on XBL now and still not responding. And you're right about the sims, but 2 games that got simmed occurred during the week where I was really sick and unable to play any video games at all.
Totally understand...and I wasn't going to say anything about those ones. Just wanted to see games played when you're ready and able. Our numbers are actually really thin already. I'm not sure if we've got more than 8-9 people still playing.

Yeah, I get you. The game in week 14 was my fault, though. I realized probably around 8 P.M. that it was deadline day, and I was just really groggy and not in the mood to play, so I chose not to.

Anyhow, I finished this week's game. It took 2 tries. Firet attempt lost connection to EA servers halfway through the 2nd quarter.

bread's done
Back