Madden 16 Official CAG League - Spots Open! League Progressing! Draft! Panoramic15 Now Commissioner!

Man,why does my passing game suck so much butthole even with Aaron Rodgers? My defense and Eddie Lacy have been the primary reasons for my success this season.

I just barely eked out a 14-10 victory over CPU Arizona a few minutes ago by coming back and breaking off a big scoring run with Lacy with less than 2 minutes remaining in the game. I completed less than 50% off my passes with Rodgers. What the shit? Frustrating.

Lv, you've got some explaining to do.

4th and 7...3:40 left in the 4th quarter...up 31-0....

You go for it. After i call a Field Goal Defense.

Come out in a 5 wide Spread and Pass for a 29 Yard Touchdown to Brandon Lafell.

What? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I suck at FG. The game was over. You came out in that D with me in 5-wide. I called a time out so that you could correct your defense.

The game was over, I hate field goals since last year, and it's 1am.

I'm sorry Fero, there was no ill will in it. Just getting the season finished with my backups in.

That's cool that you dislike field goals...but that's still 100,000% strike worthy behavior. This is crazy, man. You win Super Bowls...you're given an opportunity to take the best team in the game...and you can't take a knee up 31-0 with 3 minutes left? If the game "was over", why not be humble instead of being an asshole?

That is horrible, HORRIBLE sportsmanship.

I am legitimately sad that i have to tell you that. God damn, man...

Kick the field goal, take a knee, or even punt and pin him deep. Any of those things would be acceptable in that scenario. It should be common sense to not do the one thing that isn't acceptable.

Warning strike to New England. Do not let it happen again.

Elaborating further on this (because I'm literally this stupified)...an explanation of "I suck at FG....but I'm REALLY good at kicking your ass. Sooo...I'ma just keep doing that!" is insane. No. Just NO.

And as for calling the time out to let him change his defense...unless you explicitly messaged him and said "Hey, I'm going to go for this since the score is out of hand" (which again...maybe just running the ball straight up the middle would have been the less douchey play), fero probably thought that you accidentally called 5 wide (Madden suggestion or whatever) and called the timeout to change the play to something less prisonfuckish. That's what I would have thought in that situation.

I know I'm reaming you right now, LV...and I apologize for that. It's still a warning strike just the same. But I feel like this stuff needed to be said. Like I said, don't do it again.

We have advanced to the playoffs! The wildcard round is here. Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Seattle, and Green Bay all have games in the wild card round...so we'll just keep with our regular 4 day advance...which would put the deadline at 11/27 at 11:59PM ET. IF anybody needs an extra day due to Thanksgiving, just speak up and we can probably tack a day on.

First round byes went to Houston, New England, Minnesota, and Philadelphia. Good luck to everybody as we move toward crowning our first champion this year!

Pats 17 - Chargers 14.

I'm going on vacation a week from Monday, hopefully we can get through all of the playoffs by then.

Hey all,  I Just ordered an XB1 and madden 16 which should both be here in a week or so.  I'm down to join if you guys will still be playing after your championship round.  Good luck to those in the playoffs!

Hey all, I Just ordered an XB1 and madden 16 which should both be here in a week or so. I'm down to join if you guys will still be playing after your championship round. Good luck to those in the playoffs!
Absolutely, man! We could use new members this year more than any other. Just familiar yourself with the rules and policies in the first post of this thread, and post your info whenever your system/game comes in. Welcome!

Oh man Pittsburgh made the playoffs!  Shit

Am I still alive?  Cause I will find a way to get that game in tonight if need be.  My broken thumb is healed up.  

Yeah, I need to get a PM sent out so people can vote on the potential draft times. I'm going to work on that now.

Right now, this is our general timeframe:

Conference Championships: 12/2 - 12/5

Super Bowl: 12/6 - 12/9

Re-Sign Players: 12/10

Free Agency #1: 12/11

Free Agency #2: 12/12

Free Agency #3: 12/13

Final Scouting: 12/14

That means the draft is likely to be between 12/15 and 12/21 (which is actually perfect since that means stupid preseason can stretch the holiday).

The crappiest thing about it is teams that didn't make the playoffs will have practically a month between meaningful games. But at least you guys will be active again and hopefully practicing with your team and new players will help pass the time. This time of year is always tricky to navigate.

I'm leaving town on 12/6, so if it's possible for the NFC to play ASAP it would be most appreciated.

I pmed tababeo so hopefully we can try to advance on 12/4 or 12/5 or I geuss I'm fucked. (Assuming I even make it to the Super Bowl)

All right...I think I'm done with Madden for the year. This isn't fun and it's really not worth the effort anymore. The entire purpose of this league was for friendly, good sportsmanship that is UNLIKE what you get in online ranked.

I'm playing Energy Penguin...and he's quick snapping the ball almost as soon as he gets to the line. This game is programmed like a piece of shit. I can't make defensive assignments. I can't see personnel before the snap. All you have as a defense is rapid fire Konami code inputs to try to make sure the proper people are accounted for. When you're snapping the ball with :25 left on the play clock, what are you trying to do?

So, I paused to discuss it with him and let him know it was kind of cheap before it got too deep into the game and became a "reason I lost". He never said anything...and the next thing I know, the game is unpaused and plays are being run. Thankfully, he did honor my request and was allowing the play clock to tick down more. So, I thought "Ok...he saw it. Whatever. At least that is cleared up."

Then, I start getting slant routed to death across the middle. Ok..fine...that's the way the game plays. I'll try to call different plays and see if I can find something to stop it. But the next play just pushed me over the edge. He's inside my 10 yard line, and I see 2RB, 2TE, 1WR come up on the play call. I call a 46 defense thinking it's a well blocked play. Instead, it's 4 wide shotgun. Seriously...this is video game bullshit garbage.

Again, I pause to discuss and ask what play it was. He tells me "HB inside"...then unpauses the game, runs a play and scores a TD while I'm still in chat asking about it showing up as 2RB, 2TE, 1WR. If this is how we're playing, I'm out guys. This is fucking stupid. We're at a point where it's not even good enough for people to just win anymore. They have to act like assholes and spit on you while doing it.

So, I'm done. Anybody who wants to take over commissioner, let me know and I'll hand you the reins. This isn't what this league was created for.

EDIT - Ok...and now I just looked and Energy Penguin quit the league. No explanation. Never responded to another message after me asking about the 4 wide shotgun. What in the hell? It shouldn't be this dramatic, guys. Just don't be a dick and there won't be problems. Christ.

Sorry you had to deal with the dumb stit, some people only care about winning not about the love of football. I just like the idea of the league. If people don't want to honor the code or rules there are plenty of other leagues that they can play in. I have been in a few different leagues but they all seem to fall apart.

Sorry you had to deal with the dumb stit, some people only care about winning not about the love of football. I just like the idea of the league. If people don't want to honor the code or rules there are plenty of other leagues that they can play in. I have been in a few different leagues but they all seem to fall apart.
The biggest thing that bothered me was I was trying to not do the "lose my shit, rage quit, and come to the thread to freak out" thing (we've all been there, lol).

So, I paused and messaged him...respectfully, just to be like "hey...you realize you're doing this right?" With the quick snap, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe he's had so many games vs the CPU this year, he's not even thinking about it. And it's not an "official rule", but it probably falls under "play like a real coach". Outside of the 2 minute drill, how many teams are snapping the ball regularly with 20+ seconds left on the play clock?

Even when I'm on offense, I come to the line, look at what the defense is doing and make adjustments. Sometimes I even call fake audibles just to make people think I'm reading their defense and try to get them to change so my original play will work. To me, these are the nuances of football. Outthinking...not try to snap the ball before my opponent is ready.

Anyway, like I said...I paused the game so we could communicate and work out these issues...and I know for a fact the pause timer doesn't start until the other person presses B. If both sides leave it paused, you can sit there and chat all day and resume playing when you're ready. So, once it got to the point where he's unpausing the game and calling plays while I'm still typing, I was just like "you know..forget it."

I saw the option to quit actually said "concede game", and "Are you sure you want to concede the game?" and I thought "Wow...they finally added that feature to league play. Now it won't waste either of our time." But upon loading the menus back up, it looks like the game didn't count. So, I didn't really intend for that to happen...but at the same time, I felt pretty disrespected too. In a regular season game, this would be one thing...but in the NFC title game? It's just freaking disappointing, man. This league is supposed to be better than that.

I didn't have any complaints about Energy Penguin spefifically, but a lot of this echoes the stuff I told Nate right after our regular season finale. Despite going 13-3, this has easily been the least fun I've ever had with Madden and playing just 1 game every 4 days has felt like a chore. The game is poorly designed. EA has done the unthinkable and really turned me off from sports games in general after multiple decades of playing them.

I'll take over as commish but the offseason would need to start Dec 16.

Let me know what I have to do N8
I'm not sure how the league being on a total hiatus for 10 days would sit with people...but if nobody else wants it, then it's yours. I don't want to screw people over. I'm just not enjoying this game and I'm tired of making accommodations to make it less shitty. And if I'm being really honest, being a fan of a bad football team doesn't help. Football season ended for me in early October.

I didn't have any complaints about Energy Penguin spefifically, but a lot of this echoes the stuff I told Nate right after our regular season finale. Despite going 13-3, this has easily been the least fun I've ever had with Madden and playing just 1 game every 4 days has felt like a chore. The game is poorly designed. EA has done the unthinkable and really turned me off from sports games in general after multiple decades of playing them.
I'm just exhausted with the thought process of "how can I trick the game into doing what I want it to do?" I can't run man defense to save my life. Maybe my DBs are just the worst...but every time I run man, somebody runs some kind of crossing pattern over the middle of the field and it murders my defense. So, then I try to find some magical combination between Cover 2 and Cover 3 that might put people in the proper places to break up this "money play". Then, that's when the HB screens start coming out.

And the QB accuracy is ungodly. It takes a Herculean effort to get the CPU to miss a receiver...but any ball I throw that is slightly off, is like a guaranteed interception. I've had a few games where seriously, every pass I threw was either a completion or an INT. 0 passes that hit the ground. That's terrible.

And don't get me started on run blocking. It's all over the place. The dumb Madden trainer that teaches you "if you have more players than they do, run to that side" doesn't account for your idiot lineman turning away from the person he's supposed to block and just running down the field. This happens almost every time on 3rd and short. They'll block perfectly on 1st and 2nd down...but if it's 3rd down, they forget the play, miss the block, and let you get blown up in the backfield.

So, to me, the game is lacking...and then you throw the "win at all costs" stuff on top of it, and it's like "You know what...I wish I was playing something else." I don't want to put the game in once every four days to be disrespected. It's bad enough when the CPU does it, haha. I might even try to convince myself to take a break from Madden overall until either A) defensive assignments and other defensive mechanics are in the game. Or B) the Titans are good. Not sure If I can stick to that. But in my head, it sounds good.

I definitely agree with some of those points. I think I don't let it bother me as much because I really just don't care if I win. I like the whole managing a team concept more than playing but I just enjoy the gentleman style of play that you guys offer.

Also I can Commish the league until LV gets back. I have a very open schedule. Just let me know.

I definitely agree with some of those points. I think I don't let it bother me as much because I really just don't care if I win. I like the whole managing a team concept more than playing but I just enjoy the gentleman style of play that you guys offer.

Also I can Commish the league until LV gets back. I have a very open schedule. Just let me know.
Oh, definitely. I mean...in a way, that goes hand in hand. Not caring if you win is a key component to avoiding "win at all costs" behavior. I just don't get it. I've never had a problem with Energy Penguin before. He's never gotten a strike. But he can't keep the game paused and talk through it with me? I even thought "Maybe he'll pause the game himself after he saw I sent him another message." Nope...just kept on playing. Winning was that important, I guess.

And yeah, Panoramic, I'll give you commish. There is a bit of a situation to be handled concerning the Super Bowl. As it stands, Tanabeo would be looking at playing the CPU. Energy Penguin dropped...and obviously, I don't deserve/want to play in it. So, either Tanabeo can play the CPU...or the other crazy Rocky Balboa/Apollo Creed idea I had was ask one of the new guys wanting to join (I think MrExtreme08 said he had a friend wanting to join) if he'll take the NFC champ (sim the game, I guess) for one game and give him a crack at the title, haha.

PLOT TWIST

Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up on the situation facing you as you take over. Of course, you can do whatever you want with it.

Meanwhile, this is why I'm glad I don't buy digital games. I can still get around $30 by trading in Madden.

All right, Panoramic...commissioner is yours. And I am retard retired.

tumblr_n8jwilhgp71tg5sl7o1_500.gif

Maybe you should just play the CPU. Making the Super Bowl and possibly winning it may sway your opinion toward the league.

Maybe you should just play the CPU. Making the Super Bowl and possibly winning it may sway your opinion toward the league.
Me? No, that's not fair to everybody else. Wait till you've been commish for a while and everybody starts thinking you're trying to rig things in your favor, lol. I don't want anything to give appearances of me throwing a hissy fit just to get my way. And at the end of the day, my enjoyment of Madden is what it is.

The NFC is a bit of a mess though. I'm pretty sure the Seahawks guy has bailed (nobody has heard from him in probably a month or two). So, that leaves Matt Young (Packers) as the only NFC team. We were heavily skewed from the beginning (twice as many AFC as NFC), but losing people has magnified it.

I'm really not sure what you guys should do. Gotta get creative, I guess.

In the 100+ league games I've played, no one has ever mentioned that I "quick snap" I don't even know what to do with that criticism. So I started giving you 10 secs per play to adjust your D.

I wasn't being cheap, that's how I've always played and, again, no complaints. You were not giving much time at the line either.

I have also never played with someone that pauses so much. Just play the game.

Why are you pausing to ask what play I called? It was the most straight forward play in the book. Watch the nfl, many teams, Eagles and Pats included, run shotgun near the goal line. Not cheap.

Then you rage quit. Fine. I've got too much other stuff going on to play in a league with a commissioner like that. You were getting beat. It happens to all of us. No need to to rage out about it. I expect that in online head-to-head not league games. Either way, it became obvious that this is not the league for me. I am a fair player and have never heard complaints in the other leagues I have played in or anyone I have played in this league. Sorry if you felt it was cheap. I was just playing. Have you ever wondered why this league is so dead?

Anyway best of luck to all of you with this league.

Furthermore, you threw two picks in less than a half, which I capitalized on. You losing had more to do with your poor play than anything else. You calling me exploitative is disingenuous. And every extra point I kicked you got a false start for running your guy half way down the field. Even the first one. That's just unsportsmanlike and, frankly, immature.

In the 100+ league games I've played, no one has ever mentioned that I "quick snap" I don't even know what to do with that criticism. So I started giving you 10 secs per play to adjust your D.

I wasn't being cheap, that's how I've always played and, again, no complaints. You were not giving much time at the line either.

I have also never played with someone that pauses so much. Just play the game.

Why are you pausing to ask what play I called? It was the most straight forward play in the book. Watch the nfl, many teams, Eagles and Pats included, run shotgun near the goal line. Not cheap.

Then you rage quit. Fine. I've got too much other stuff going on to play in a league with a commissioner like that. You were getting beat. It happens to all of us. No need to to rage out about it. I expect that in online head-to-head not league games. Either way, it became obvious that this is not the league for me. I am a fair player and have never heard complaints in the other leagues I have played in or anyone I have played in this league. Sorry if you felt it was cheap. I was just playing. Have you ever wondered why this league is so dead?

Anyway best of luck to all of you with this league.
Furthermore, you threw two picks in less than a half, which I capitalized on. You losing had more to do with your poor play than anything else. You calling me exploitative is disingenuous. And every extra point I kicked you got a false start for running your guy half way down the field. Even the first one. That's just unsportsmanlike and, frankly, immature.
(I'm going to put this in spoiler tags because it's lengthy and I'm sure there are many who don't give a shit and don't want to see it. But dare I say...it's good bathroom reading ;))

Sorry, man. But this shows you 150% have no clue what you're talking about. Let's address the points:

1. Quick snapping is a thing. It's been brought up in this league before in previous seasons. The counter argument for people lining up #1 WRs in the slot, spamming throws to their TEs and RBs, and the absence of defensive assignments being an issue was always "make adjustments at the line". If you're snapping the ball 2-3 seconds after your QB gets under center, that pretty much eliminates that as an option huh?

It's exploitative, but always raised the question "Do we really need a rule that dictates that people not snap the ball until there are 10 seconds or less on the play clock?" That seemed silly and felt very heavy-handed. But since mostly everyone was in agreement of the importance of defensive adjustments, it never really became an issue...until now.

2. You're blatantly lying about me not giving time at the line. I'm sorry to call you a liar...but you're lying. Ask anybody who has played me...I take all freaking day at the line. My last game against Matt Young, I think I had 2 delay of games because I still had adjustments going on as the clock wound down. I'd never tell everyone they HAVE to play exactly like me. But snapping the ball with :25+ on the play clock is ridiculous. I'd be more than happy to hear an argument to support it though.

3. It is 100% league policy to pause and communicate if an issue arises during gameplay. If that "annoys" you, then you're in the wrong place. Do you know what happens when people don't do that? They complain about it in here after the game is over, and their opponent says "If you had a problem with how I was playing, why didn't you say something???" I'm sorry, but your attitude toward that says a lot.

4. If you think 4 wide shotgun inside your opponent's 10 yard line in a video game where defensive plays are chosen blind, and offensive packages are vaguely reported as 2RB, 2TE, 1WR, is "the most straight forward play in the book", then you're either dumb or just an asshole. I'll let you choose.

5. And yes, of course...fall back to the "you rage quit because you were getting beat" argument. I chose "concede game" because you felt you had the right to be unbelievably disrespectful and continue calling plays while I'm messaging you and trying to figure out why you're playing in a way that I felt violated league policy. It had nothing to do with the score or losing (and I'm sure you won't believe that). But why am I going to show respect to somebody acting that way toward me? Think about it.

6. The extra point thing...you left out one detail, not once did I make contact with any of your players or do anything to cause the play to need to be rekicked. I started doing that because in one online ranked game, I timed the snap perfectly, blocked the kick, and returned it for two points. It's the only time I've ever done that in Madden and it was only because I just guessed when the snap was coming, got around the lineman before he touched me, and got to the ball. It's probably a 1 out of 1000 thing. So, if I guess wrong and I'm offside, I just harmlessly run by and laugh about how stupid it looks.

Again, the fact that you take issue with that, but you think the quick snapping and playcall deception is no big deal speaks volumes. But hey, what do I know? It's not like membership is down because PS4 is outselling Xbox One 2:1, CAG traffic is down across all forums, and people are growing more and more ambivalent toward EA Sports games. Oh wait...

Not sure if it would be worth joining this league or trying to do a different one but I recently got a new xbone and madden and would like to re-enter the league after a few years off. Thanks.

What an interesting turn of events over the last few days;) Welcome Panoramic. God help your soul. Lol.

Sorry to see you go n8, but...as you know all to well, i understand. 

Panoramic got one taste and was like "fuck THIS!" lol. Not really. I can't back that up. He was at least on CAG this morning.

Conversely, I traded in Madden today and got $27.50. Not terrible considering I only paid $45 to begin with.

bread's done
Back