Madden 2005 for $19.99 at Gamestop BUT...

So wait, if you bought NCAA 2005 and traded it in a month later plus 20 dollars you could get madden 2k5 thats fucking the dumbest thing i have ever heard!

[quote name='california1967']So wait, if you bought NCAA 2005 and traded it in a month later plus 20 dollars you could get madden 2k5 thats shaq-fuing the dumbest thing i have ever heard![/quote]

More or less, unless you find NCAA Football for cheap.

[quote name='california1967']So wait, if you bought NCAA 2005 and traded it in a month later plus 20 dollars you could get madden 2k5 thats shaq-fuing the dumbest thing i have ever heard![/quote]
Ill agree with that.

this is where everyone who loves gamerush can love it more.

go use the trade in 2/3 and for 9.99/4.99 get any PO game. Buy NCAA 2005, if you can find it.

trade it into Gamestop and get madden for 19.99 plus whatever you spent for the 2/3 games.

my moneys going straight to the people at ESPN / Sega for sure... nfl 2k5 is gona be so good and even if it was half the game madden is (which it isnt!) it would be a great deal for only 19.99 on the release date!!

[quote name='gokou36']But why would you do that when you can get a better game like ESPN NFL 2k5?[/quote]
no doubt!!

no thx. My loyalty is to EA SPORTS though I will probably pick up ESPN.
MADDEN>ESPN(though not by much)/HIT STICK>Maximum Tackle
MVP>ESPN WSB
NBA LIVE>ESPN NBA/Freestyle Control>24/7 mode
NHL ? ESPN ? Havent played either in years

[quote name='murcielago77']no thx. My loyalty is to EA SPORTS though I will probably pick up ESPN.
MVP>ESPN WSB
NHL ? ESPN ? Havent played either in years[/quote]

MVP > ESPN Baseball
ESPN Football > Madden
ESPN Hockey > NHL
NBA Live > ESPN Basketball

[quote name='gokou36']But why would you do that when you can get a better game like ESPN NFL 2k5?[/quote]

I wouldnt do this deal (NCAA trade in +20 bucks for Madden) but if I can find a good deal on Madden I'm getting Madden. Unfortunately as a Gamecube owner, I have no choice since ESPN isnt available for the Cube. I would get ESPN over Madden in heartbeat if it was available.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']worst deal of the weak, anyone know how much credit i can get for madden 2004 anywhere?[/quote]

Not much considering it's $20 new and most gamestores are overstocked on it now.

I'd say $8 - $10 max.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='Dok Diamond']worst deal of the weak, anyone know how much credit i can get for madden 2004 anywhere?[/quote]

Not much considering it's $20 new and most gamestores are overstocked on it now.

I'd say $8 - $10 max.[/quote]

dats pretty good, it dont matter to me i bought it for 10$ and its going towards nfl 2k5

[quote name='n00bie'][quote name='murcielago77']no thx. My loyalty is to EA SPORTS though I will probably pick up ESPN.
MVP>ESPN WSB
NHL ? ESPN ? Havent played either in years[/quote]

MVP > ESPN Baseball
ESPN Football > Madden
ESPN Hockey > NHL
NBA Live > ESPN Basketball[/quote]

This is fun

MVP>ESPN
Madden>ESPN
NBA LIVE>ESPN
Hockey? Haven't played either but I think NHL 2004 seems better, I like creating teams to use in seasons

[quote name='MarvinisaLunatic'][quote name='gokou36']But why would you do that when you can get a better game like ESPN NFL 2k5?[/quote]

I wouldnt do this deal (NCAA trade in +20 bucks for Madden) but if I can find a good deal on Madden I'm getting Madden. Unfortunately as a Gamecube owner, I have no choice since ESPN isnt available for the Cube. I would get ESPN over Madden in heartbeat if it was available.[/quote]

Same here. I'd gladly pay $20 for a brand new football game if it was available for the GC. As it is, I probably won't buy any football game. The last Madden I bought was 2002.

I got NCAA 2005 from EB and it also came with a coupon saying it was worth $30 in credit if traded for Madden 2005.

Needless to say, that coupon went in the trash.

How can anyone say Madden is better then ESPN? If you like arcade action, sure, and moving your team, and changing hot dog prices, cool. Then Madden is your game.

If you like realistic football, buy ESPN.

[quote name='n00bie']How can anyone say Madden is better then ESPN? If you like arcade action, sure, and moving your team, and changing hot dog prices, cool. Then Madden is your game.

If you like realistic football, buy ESPN.[/quote]

Ok, you're wrong.

While I personally like them both, Madden is more realistic. Last year's ESPN featured way too many lucky interceptions and way too many instances of running backs breaking tackles.

This years ESPN might be more realistic, I'll have to play it first to decide, but last year Madden was the clear winner.

madden wasnt the clear winner. in espn at least i didnt pop off a big play every drive, or score every drive no matter how much i didnt try.

oh yes lets not forget about maddens "realistic" catch up a.i. shall we?

I always hate how you can launch 80 yard passes in Madden. Let's all admit that neither game is perfect in the "realistic" catagory. However each allows you to adjust gameplay with use of sliders.

I think ESPN is a more beautiful game and I love the franchise mode. I especially love how I can simulate a game as the coach and let the players play for me. This year they're going to take that a step further and call the plays too so you can watch your product on the field as an owner.

ESPN NBA is so much better than Live, it's out of Live's league, ever since it debuted on the DC. Live is no where near as fun.

man, i really thought this was going to be a good deal. See, a good deal would have been something like trade in NCAA 2004, and pick up madden.

now thats a deal. this?
let me hand you a sucker sign....

bread's done
Back