Madden 2005 (PS2/Xbox/GC) $20 at Walmart.com

[quote name='"opportunity777"']I think on GameSpot they said that there will be a price hike on the ESPN line of sports games.[/quote]

Thr price hike will start with next gen console games from espn.

They are also $20 at Walmart stores (non-online). Something curious though, when I got mine (PS2), the sticker on top of the case said "WALMART MADDEN." Hmm...

[quote name='DeskLaser']They are also $20 at Walmart stores (non-online). Something curious though, when I got mine (PS2), the sticker on top of the case said "WALMART MADDEN." Hmm...[/quote]

It had some small little extra thing, I can't remember what, exactly, but it wasn't anything to get too excited about.

So, now that Madden and ESPN are the same price, which is the better game?

Everyone who hated on ESPN when it first came out should drop to there friggin knees and thank em' because they are DIRECTLY responsible for Madden lowering their prices. Corporate scumbags at EA pimped us out for sooooooooooo many years with Madden. Can you ever remember Madden lowering its price before football season was even over??????

Nope cuz its never happened till now! I love when the "man" gets it stuck to him!

[quote name='odhen']So, now that Madden and ESPN are the same price, which is the better game?[/quote]

Madden. Madden was a better game at $50 and its a better game at $20.

I'm wondering if this "is" or "is going to be" universal, because I checked other e-tailers and it's still $29.99.

Odd, since Wal-Mart isn't exactly known for going much under MSRP besides undercutting the competition by a few cents.

[quote name='"mmn"'][quote name='"odhen"']So, now that Madden and ESPN are the same price, which is the better game?[/quote]

Madden. Madden was a better game at $50 and its a better game at $20.[/quote]

How is madden that much better? I have both and I must admit on X box live ESPN plays so much better it isn't even funny. I like madden as much as the next person, but to say it is better at 50.00 than espn was at 20.00 is a bit of a stretch, I was just wondering what that statement was based upon.

[quote name='KingNES'][quote name='mmn'][quote name='odhen']So, now that Madden and ESPN are the same price, which is the better game?[/quote]

Madden. Madden was a better game at $50 and its a better game at $20.[/quote]

How is madden that much better? I have both and I must admit on X box live ESPN plays so much better it isn't even funny. I like madden as much as the next person, but to say it is better at 50.00 than espn was at 20.00 is a bit of a stretch, I was just wondering what that statement was based upon.[/quote]

Madden = better single player game. One's opinion.

[quote name='buddy the puppy']Everyone who hated on ESPN when it first came out should drop to there friggin knees and thank em' because they are DIRECTLY responsible for Madden lowering their prices. Corporate scumbags at EA pimped us out for sooooooooooo many years with Madden. Can you ever remember Madden lowering its price before football season was even over??????

Nope cuz its never happened till now! I love when the "man" gets it stuck to him![/quote]

I will always be grateful to ESPN for entering the sport video game industry dominated by EA games. Wife just picked up ESPN NBA 2K5 for 14.58 at Walmart last night. The Heck with the high price EA games. I love the free market in America where competition is what helps the consumer get the best price. My next wish is that a third major contender will enter the market and help make sure both ESPN and EA keeps their prices low.

dude, thanks so much.... and thanks to the guy who said this is in store..... MY bro wants this...I love these cheap sports games, I hope sports games will start at 20 next year....

[quote name='ananag112']IMO Sports games that come out on a yearly basis shous have s starting MSRP of $30.[/quote]

How about all games drop at a 30 MSRP?

[quote name='help1'][quote name='ananag112']IMO Sports games that come out on a yearly basis shous have s starting MSRP of $30.[/quote]

How about all games drop at a 30 MSRP?[/quote]

I would like that, but the quality of games will go down. Most sports games just improve on last years game, so they really don't spend that much money on the game, and so they can afford to sell it for that price.

[quote name='ananag112']IMO Sports games that come out on a yearly basis shous have s starting MSRP of $30.[/quote]

i agree, but if the market is willing to pay $50(and judging from madden august sales, they are), the games will continue to retail for $50 at launch.

btw, i saw it for $20 at my local walmart too.

*TOPIC MERGED*

0001463314765_215X215.jpg

PS2

0001463314766_215X215.jpg

Xbox

0001463314767_215X215.jpg

Gamecube

I picked one up in the store today here in New Orleans. I've been waiting for this title to drop. It might be a good idea to pick this one up seeing as how this is the only football franchise moving forward with the license.

Also, this next message is to any CAGs in the New Orleans area. I looked online and I didn't see it there, but the local Target is selling Call of Duty:Finest Hour XBOX for $42.88.

Have a great holidays. Buy a Madden for yourself and give it as a gift. Its in the game.

[quote name='Scorch']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41638&highlight=madden[/quote]

Damn you Scorch. Always hating on my posts.

I did a search to see if it was already out there. Couldn't find it. I didn't want to post something that is already out there.

Maybe the search engine could be tweaked a little to help you find if you are posting a deal that has already been mentioned.

Cheapy, feel free to close this one. I didn't know you've already posted.

thanks Scorch.

bread's done
Back