Madden Collector's Edition Questions

Tenacious D

CAGiversary!
Has anyone here opened and played the extra content in the Madden Collector's Edition? I picked mine up a little while ago, but I'm at work wondering if it's worth the extra $10 that I could put towards another game. I've been playing Madden for years and have some of the old Genesis versions still that I bring out every once in a while. I really want the Xbox version this year since it's on Live, though. I can't stand knowing that there's a better version out there that I don't have. So, to the people that have played the extra content: Is it worth the extra $10 or should I swap it for the Xbox version and put the $10 towards another game? Thanks in advance. :?

ask yourself this...with all the new games coming out and playing madden 2005 the regular version itself will you actually be putting a lot of time playing the old madden from the genesis days or the ps1 days? You could buy those for like under a dollar for the real version. Don't bother with the collectors edition unless you are a true madden collector and own every madden game.

[quote name='Tenacious D']I think I'm leaning toward the Xbox version and $10 towards another game at this point.[/quote]

Or you could just get ESPN 2K5, which is just as good as Madden. It also doesn't have a fat, Twinkie eating fuck... and that's a good thing.

Thanks. I've got ESPN 2K5 already. I went ahead and exchanged it for the Xbox version, but I'm still interested in hearing how the Collector's Edition content is. I know some of you cheapasses bought it because I saw it posted in other threads that you picked up the CE. So, how is it?

I havent played it yet but I saw my brother play it. He didnt like the retro games but we both liked the videos. Overall, I think the extra $10 is worth it for the extra features.

Well D, so far I've played the classic madden content and it brought back some nostalgia. I wonder if Classic Madden (Madden '93?) has the ambulance in it. The other old school versions (Madden 97 and 2001 I think) aren't up to snuff for me. There seems to be barely any commentary on them. However, they used the current teams for all the old school versions which I think stinks. I'd much rather have played with the old school players or at least have the option. Also A LOT of the teams are WAY overrated. I can't find a team below 87 rating categories even the freaking CHARGERS (come on now!). There's a ton of bonus materials that I haven't even chewed on yet. As for Madden 2005 it self the graphics look a little more polished than last years version, The replays are a lot better. For example I broke a run for 80 yards and immediately after there was a celebration from the player then the crowd and the replay showed the hole play from the snap super smooth. On certain replays they use that old school dirrty, spotted look reminiscent of those really old movies or sex ed films that are mocked. The gameplay seems more tuned especially on defense where you can choose any defender to cover how you want to pre-snap. On offense you now have the option to change formation AT THE LINE (I think that's a nice innovation) to confuse the defense. Also there's the big hit stick (right analog) which I have to get used to. Well I'll see if I can find out some more of those special features. If anyone else has Madden 2005 for PS2 online let's game on sometime. PM me. My name for that is cruzincontrol1.

Thanks for the info guys. Cruizincontrol, I'd be interested in hearing if you still think the CE was worth the extra $10 in a week or so or if you're only playing the regular part of the game. Thanks again for the info.

The biggest extra that the CE version has (which nobody ever mentions) is ALL the playoff teams for the past 15 years (around 130!). Of course, no player names, but they are editable. That's worth an extra $10 for me.

Toper

I got the CE of Madden 2005. I thought it was worth the extra $10. I have ESPN 2K5 for the Xbox, but a part of me wonders if I should also get the xbox version of Madden. You can beat Xbox online play, just wondering if Madden 2005 is worth it for the online experience. Any comments?

[quote name='"serro821"'] You can beat Xbox online play, just wondering if Madden 2005 is worth it for the online experience. quote]

What I meant to say is that you can't beat Xbox's online play.

[quote name='"serro821"'][quote name='serro821'] You can beat Xbox online play, just wondering if Madden 2005 is worth it for the online experience. quote]

What I meant to say is that you can't beat Xbox's online play.[/quote]
You can use the edit button to fix mistakes like that instead of posting another message. :)

bread's done
Back