Madden demo poor sound?

iwannadie

CAGiversary!
I just played the new madden 12 demo and the sound is horrible for me. I have to double the volume on my tv(using just tv speakers) just to hear anything and it sounds like everything was recorded over a phone. There is no commentary just stadium noise, players hitting each other and it sounds like players whispering some times despite being turned up so loud. I would also get a loud static pop every 5 minutes or so.

No other game or anything sounds like this so I can't point at my audio setup.

I can see them wanting to cut the commentary to save space on the demo but it really brings down the experience and doesn't do well to represent what the game will be like. Playing an entire game of football in silence is just very strange.

I also felt verty underwhelmed by the sound. I am sure it wont sound like that in the real game, but it is dumb of them to do that for the demo...

[quote name='wrencrest']I also felt verty underwhelmed by the sound. I am sure it wont sound like that in the real game, but it is dumb of them to do that for the demo...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately they wanted to show off the presentation and new tackling plus the demo file can only be a certain size so thats why there is no commentary also.

[quote name='boogie4114']Unfortunately they wanted to show off the presentation and new tackling plus the demo file can only be a certain size so thats why there is no commentary also.[/QUOTE]

i would imagine audio is a very big part of "presentation"... I know they are pushing for that sunday game time feel but it is not there when the team runs out onto the field in silence. Or, when playing an entire game with no commentary at all or anything spoken besides players very faintly herd trash talking. The cheesey music playing and occasional crash of helmets now and then is not a good presentation.

I thought I've seen demos that are much larger in file size too.

bread's done
Back