Madden NFL 2009 Collector's Edition [PS3] - $44.98 ($62.98) on Clearance at Target

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Credit Goes to TargetDawg from SD!

Should be nationwide on Monday August 25th

Surprised no one else has posted this, but the collectors edition of Madden 09 for Playstation 3 is on cleareance 50% off for $44.98. It will be in the PS3 lockup case next to the regular edition. If you don't see a sticker on it ask someone to scan it. I doubt this was just at my Target so go check it out tomorrow, Target's open at 8 am nationwide!

Good Luck! ;)

Just had a thought come to me, my cleareance team might have done their workload early, Monday is the normal electronics day, so if you don't see it on cleareance tomorrow check back on Monday, but let us know what you are seeing.

ASIN: B0017I8L9Q

DPCI: 207-24-0130

Check store inventory here:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?ie=UTF8&asin=B0017I8L9Q

Locations:
San Antonio, TX - No
Central, NJ - No
Phoenix, AZ - Yes
Ithaca, NY - Yes
Largo, FL - Yes
Orlando, FL - No
North Hollywood, CA - Yes
San Diego, CA - No
Charleston, SC - Yes
Franklin, WI - No
Sarasota, FL - Yes
Manassas West, VA - No
Gainesville, VA - No
Fairfield, NJ - No
Greenville - NC - No
Whittier, CA - No
Pacoima - CA - Yes
Schaumberg, Chicago - Yes
Falls Church, VA - No
Buffalo, NY - No
North Bergen, NJ - No
Edgewater, NY - No
South Plainfield, NJ - Yes
Champaign, IL - Yes
Commack, NY - No
Central Islip - No
Las Vegas, NV - No
Fenton, MO - No
Louisville, KY - Yes
Mechanisburg, PA - Yes
Pembroke Pines, FL - Yes
Hollywood, FL - No
Davie, FL - Yes
Chula Vista, CA - Yes
Plaza Bonita, CA - No
Appleton, WI - Yes
Chantilly, VA - Yes
Ridgedale, MN - Yes
Burbank, CA - No
Van Nuy North, CA - No
Van Nuy, CA - No
Northridge, CA - No
Glendale, CA - No
Waukesha, WI - Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
a Target employee told me that stores scanned the Collector's Edition, and if the UPC did not register, they marked it clearance. We will see later this week when I check again.

Still $89.99 in Falls Church, VA. I'll be checking the Chantilly, VA Target after work tomorrow.

This really needs to be a YMMV deal, I don't care if it comes until Monday. And yes, the OP claiming this, do you have a scan of receipt, or anyone else who purchased it at this price?

[quote name='ehorre01']Just went to Target and it was $62.98. That's still more than I want to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

its 89.99

Target - North Bergen NJ - as of 8/24 scanned at $89.99 but they didn't have any anyway. As of Saturday 8/23, the Target in Edgewater NJ scanned at $89.99 and they had a couple.

For those wanting the 360 version.... Let's say you find the PS3 CE at your local target for $45. Wouldn't be easy to take it unopened to a Walmart and say that you got it as a gift, but for the wrong system?

[quote name='bsesb2003']Target - North Bergen NJ - as of 8/24 scanned at $89.99 but they didn't have any anyway. As of Saturday 8/23, the Target in Edgewater NJ scanned at $89.99 and they had a couple.[/quote]Thanks saved me a couple of trips down there. Fairfield is still original price aswell...

[quote name='heartagram311']For those wanting the 360 version.... Let's say you find the PS3 CE at your local target for $45. Wouldn't be easy to take it unopened to a Walmart and say that you got it as a gift, but for the wrong system?[/QUOTE]

Yes

The nearest Target is about an hour away, and they are out of stock according to the website. If anyone picks up an extra for the $45 price point, I'll be happy to buy it from you /pay shipping. Just send me a pm!

[quote name='ajdude101']Thanks saved me a couple of trips down there. Fairfield is still original price aswell...[/QUOTE]

No problem, I might try to swing by Edgewater tomorrow, see if they reduced it, but they didn't have too many to begin with.

I'm more interested in Ninja Gaiden for the DS, bith Edgewater and North Bergen have it a $25..I'm looking for cheaper than that!

no go at either of my local targets. If someone picks up an extra copy I will pay for the game and shipping. Just send me a message.

[quote name='ColonelCash']Anyone know how much I could sell Head Coach 09 for? Want to keep Madden and drop HC.[/quote]

Well considering you would be selling Head Coach with no case, I would say not much.

2 copies at Fenton, MO Target, still rung up at full price Sunday. Will check today and also check South STL County Target.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well considering you would be selling Head Coach with no case, I would say not much.

2 copies at Fenton, MO Target, still rung up at full price Sunday. Will check today and also check South STL County Target.[/quote]

I would say you could easily get the $44.xx you paid back for Head Coach 09 since it hasn't even came out yet.

[quote name='shoe478']I would say you could easily get the $44.xx you paid back for Head Coach 09 since it hasn't even came out yet.[/quote]

Problem is who would pay $45 for a disc only copy of a new game? It's not like the MGS 4 LE, there is only one case for both disks.

If someone will pay $45 for a disc-only copy then more power to you.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Problem is who would pay $45 for a disc only copy of a new game? It's not like the MGS 4 LE, there is only one case for both disks.

If someone will pay $45 for a disc-only copy then more power to you.[/quote]

Yeah, there are people who will pay extra to play a game early. Some guy on Craigslist was offering $20 to anyone who could get him Madden early and this was only a week before it came out.

Off the top of my head there are 3 places someone could unload the disc. Craigslist, Independent game stores and maybe eBay if they don't have a block on selling like Amazon does. He could also wait until the 3rd and trade it in at Gamestop.

There are a lot of options and the disc is worth quite a bit more than the "not much" you previously mentioned.

[quote name='cheekymonkey']Udryguy - which of the Chicago Targets did you find it at that price point?[/quote]

I got it at the one in Schaumburg by the Woodfield mall....they only had 2 copies and I got one of them. I'm not sure how long that last copy was going to stay because it was in the main case in pretty clear sight with the clearance sticker on it

[quote name='jskatt21']I just sold my copy of head coach 09 from my CE for $34 on ebay[/QUOTE]

thats fucking awesome.
i need to put mine up asap.

I just don't get why people would sell Head Coach... much better than Madden for depth of gameplay...

Enough commentary from me though.

No go at the East Madison, WI Target last night. Still full price.

[quote name='psunami']I just don't get why people would sell Head Coach... much better than Madden for depth of gameplay...

Enough commentary from me though.

No go at the East Madison, WI Target last night. Still full price.[/QUOTE]

i just want to play football.

here in south florida

target in pembroke pines: $44 (had 4-5 left)
target in hollywood: $89 (1 left)
target in davie: $62 (6-7 left)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Credit Goes to TargetDawg from SD!

Should be nationwide on Monday August 25th

Surprised no one else has posted this, but the collectors edition of Madden 09 for Playstation 3 is on cleareance 50% off for $44.98. It will be in the PS3 lockup case next to the regular edition. If you don't see a sticker on it ask someone to scan it. I doubt this was just at my Target so go check it out tomorrow, Target's open at 8 am nationwide!

Good Luck! ;)

Just had a thought come to me, my cleareance team might have done their workload early, Monday is the normal electronics day, so if you don't see it on cleareance tomorrow check back on Monday, but let us know what you are seeing.

ASIN: B0017I8L9Q

DPCI: 207-24-0130

Check store inventory here:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?ie=UTF8&asin=B0017I8L9Q

Locations:
San Antonio, TX - No
Central, NJ - No
Phoenix, AZ - Yes
Ithaca, NY - Yes
Largo, FL - Yes
Orlando, FL - No
North Hollywood, CA - No
San Diego, CA - No
Charleston, SC - No
Franklin, WI - No
Sarasota, FL - Yes
Manassas West, VA - No
Gainesville, VA - No[/quote]

hey bro which target? i just called chula vista and they said its on clearance for $62. plaza bonita target is selling it for $89

I got the last one at the Appleton, WI store on Kensington street. :applause::applause::applause:

Thanks OP!! My brother in law was riding my ass to buy the game and now I have the special edition for cheaper than the regular edition. And Favre the traitor isn't on the cover, which is important during these extremely dark and sad times in Wisconsin.

Picked up my copy on my way into work. Thanks OP!!!!

Thought about getting Unreal Tournament III while I was there, but put it off for now.

bread's done
Back