Madden NFL 25 Non CAG League Discussion

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Thought we needed a topic to talk about Madden not related to the various CAG leagues.

What happened to the All Pro packs for MUT? There were available when I first booted up the game tonight and then after an hour or so they disappeared. I was just about to buy $15 in MS Points to buy the 5 packs you were allowed to get.

Anyone else having problems with the promo codes? I have to put it in once, then delete the download, then redownload it for EA to recognize it and have the pack ready for me to open.

Nobody is having these issues other than me?! It took me 90 minutes to put in codes/download files/delete files/reenter codes to get Madden to recognize the 3 codes I had (GS PUR, Amazon, DirecTV.) XBox had no problem recognizing the download as soon as I put in the code but it was all on EA's end. And that was after another 60 minutes on Thursday night doing the same thing for the Prima code.

Why couldn't these have been standard XBox 5x5 codes?! Why do they have to be stupid EA's broken system?!

Last edited by a moderator:
My code from Amazon for the Franco Harris and Rod Woodson cards worked fine. The one weird thing is that I got loyalty rewards for every other Madden except 09. I even popped 09 back in and still got no loyalty reward in 25. I think it's because I have the collectors edition of 09 and not the standard one.

My code from Amazon for the Franco Harris and Rod Woodson cards worked fine. The one weird thing is that I got loyalty rewards for every other Madden except 09. I even popped 09 back in and still got no loyalty reward in 25. I think it's because I have the collectors edition of 09 and not the standard one.
Me neither, and I sure I've played 09 back in the day. I didn't have the collector's edition either.

Not yet, did you get two packs after you downloaded it like I did?
No...is the 17 week anniversary pack the "DirecTV Pack" when you download it? What are the two packs you got?

The two packs I got on Sunday were both labeled DirecTV pack so we'll see what happens next week. Probably some type of goof up with EA's server considering I had to put in the codes multiple times to get it to register.

Matt that's a good point about Madden 09 as I had the CE also & I don't have the mark either. Might be worth contacting EA over.

You probably had the same problem I had. I entered the code and it downloaded, but I received no prompt or confirmation. Just enter your code(s) again with it downloaded and the prompt will come up. Somehow, I got a John Randle legendary card in my first directv pack.

Matt that's a good point about Madden 09 as I had the CE also & I don't have the mark either. Might be worth contacting EA over.
It is annoying, but I think the reward is only 1,000 MUT coins. Not worth contacting EA, for me anyway.

The two packs I got on Sunday were both labeled DirecTV pack so we'll see what happens next week. Probably some type of goof up with EA's server considering I had to put in the codes multiple times to get it to register.

I deleted and re-entered the code and got the packs. Nothing special in mine, though. I think they're just regular Pro packs, but labeled differently.

You probably had the same problem I had. I entered the code and it downloaded, but I received no prompt or confirmation. Just enter your code(s) again with it downloaded and the prompt will come up. Somehow, I got a John Randle legendary card in my first directv pack.
When I entered the code the first time, it said "Unable to verify that the item was downloaded"

It is annoying, but I think the reward is only 1,000 MUT coins. Not worth contacting EA, for me anyway.
I thought it was one of those reward packs, which suck, but still something.

I deleted and re-entered the code and got the packs. Nothing special in mine, though. I think they're just regular Pro packs, but labeled differently.

When I entered the code the first time, it said "Unable to verify that the item was downloaded"

I thought it was one of those reward packs, which suck, but still something.
That's the error message I get. Takes numerous retries for me to get past it on EA's end, but Microsoft's end sees it just fine.

That Triple Option drill is infuriating. Even if I take it in for a TD, it's a fail if I give it to the wrong guy.
What's worse is when you give it to the "right guy" and he gets blown up in the backfield because your offensive lineman missed his assignment, so you fail.

I also got the "could not verify" error when I entered my Amazon and Gamestop pre-order codes (Gamestop sent me the codes even though I canceled my pre-order with them, haha...dumbasses). But that was around noon on 8/27. All I did to fix it was re-enter the codes from the game's main menu on 8/28, and they all worked fine and gave the respective packs no problem.

And am I missing something, or was Gamestop's pre-order code supposed to give you 2 Joe Montana's and 2 Bill Walsh's? They all say "Gamestop Pre-Order Bonus" or whatever on the back. Seems kind of redundant.

There was the GS preorder pack for everyone, then the PUR pack for those with a Powerup Rewards card, either free or pay. Should have been two seperate codes if you have a card when you preordered. First pack was a full pack that featured Montana and Bill Walsh with some other common cards. The PUR pack, however, was only 4 cards: 2nd copies of Montana and Walsh (which aren't tradable which kinda sucks) and then Young and Rice.

There was the GS preorder pack for everyone, then the PUR pack for those with a Powerup Rewards card, either free or pay. Should have been two seperate codes if you have a card when you preordered. First pack was a full pack that featured Montana and Bill Walsh with some other common cards. The PUR pack, however, was only 4 cards: 2nd copies of Montana and Walsh (which aren't tradable which kinda sucks) and then Young and Rice.
Ah, that's what it was. Yeah, I got all of them. Kinda crazy getting 2 Joe Montana's and a Steve Young in one fell swoop. I was like "Well, I don't ever need a QB now." I got a free RG3 from a giveaway they were doing too. I gotta say though, MUT still kinda feels like a money pit. I guess it's good that a lot of the collections (so far) only require low level guys...so you can just buy the 2500 coin Beginner packs. But otherwise, with these weekly collections that expire, it's going to be damn tough to fill them. I have one of the four NFC North QBs (Graham Harrell). I thought I had Matthew Stafford as well, but it's the "gold upgrade" edition, which won't go in the collection.

I also noticed you get the same amount of coins for putting the card in the collection as you would for quickselling/discarding it (50 coins for Harrell). That kind of sucks. The weekly challenges also seem to play way above their alleged difficulty level (just like last year). I played that first one against last year's rookies...and maybe it's because my team isn't very good yet (only a 74 OVR), but I was barely able to squeak out a win. Trent Richardson was breaking tackles like a Hall of Famer. I'm terrified of playing the next game against the NFC West stars, haha.

I can't wait until people start putting together some classic roster sets for franchise mode. I know there's a guy on VSN that makes some great rosters. He's working on a best of the 90s set. Each team's roster will be from one year of the decade, like the '92 Cowboys, '98 Vikings, '99 Rams and Titans, and '96 Patriots. I think he's making the Texans into the '92 Oilers. I'm not sure when it'll be done, but I'm looking forward to it.

I can't wait until people start putting together some classic roster sets for franchise mode. I know there's a guy on VSN that makes some great rosters. He's working on a best of the 90s set. Each team's roster will be from one year of the decade, like the '92 Cowboys, '98 Vikings, '99 Rams and Titans, and '96 Patriots. I think he's making the Texans into the '92 Oilers. I'm not sure when it'll be done, but I'm looking forward to it.
Yeah, that'll be really cool.

Does anybody know if anyone has put together a spreadsheet for MUT collections yet? They still have a long way to go in making the menus easier to get players from an open pack into a collection. There HAS to be a better way to do it than having to send them to your current roster and then the pending collection. It's such a pain in the ass, and it's damn near impossible to remember which low-level players actually go in collections.

EDIT - Answered my own question (sort of). Not as good as the searchable one we had last year, but it's at least a start.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-ultimate-team-forum/656427-madden-25-collections-checklist-team-image.html

Does anyone else think that all the team ratings are too close together? I was going through the team selection screen to find a team to start franchise mode with, and I was looking to see which team was in the overall worst shape. Outside of a few elite teams, every other team's rating is in the 84 to 87 range. I wonder if the roster update will fix that.

Does anyone else think that all the team ratings are too close together? I was going through the team selection screen to find a team to start franchise mode with, and I was looking to see which team was in the overall worst shape. Outside of a few elite teams, every other team's rating is in the 84 to 87 range. I wonder if the roster update will fix that.
I don't think so. I thought there were plenty of "bad teams". Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, NYJ, Oakland, St. Louis, and Tennessee are all 75 or below, I think.

Oh shit. LOL. I just realized I had a downloaded roster still loaded that includes a bunch of legends on their respective teams. That's why the team ratings were screwed up. No wonder the Cowboys were so high. Total brain fart. Now they'll make sense.

How and what exactly does the loyalty thing do?  I've played a few of the games (09, 10, 11, and 12 for sure).  

How and what exactly does the loyalty thing do? I've played a few of the games (09, 10, 11, and 12 for sure).
Just gives you a coin bonus when you start up MUT for the first time.

I'd recommend going through the skills trainer in the game for anyone who hasn't done that. You get players for each one you get a gold medal in. The cards are all pretty much low rated versions of superstars and legends, but they can still provide some depth if you're not too far along with your team yet.

Also, the first coin-up of the season is up. Ravens vs Broncos. Ray Rice or Demaryius Thomas. For those unfamiliar, there is a solo challenge against the Ravens and one against the Broncos. You get coins and a Demaryius Thomas card that you can either hold onto, or immediately put into a collection to receive the Ray Rice card. You choose the card you keep based on whoever you think is going to score more TDs in tomorrow night's game...and you get something like 2,000 coins for every TD they score.

These coin-ups were the most addictive part of MUT last year for me, and almost started to feel like gambling. I only stopped doing them because the rest of the mode was such a grind, it just didn't feel like they were helping that much. Hopefully that won't be the case this year.

I think the first time you do it you get a loyalty pack for each game as when I "rented" Madden 13 last year and went into MUT I got 5 free packs for Madden 08, 10, 11, 12, & Arcade. This year those rewards gave me the coin bonus instead of packs.

I then proceeded to play NFL Blitz (which I didn't own last year) while connected to Live and got a loyalty pack. Now I need to "rent" NCAA 14.

Also MVP beware there is a potential issue where if you played 09 CE it won't show up. Next weekday I have off both of my jobs is Tuesday so I will try to contact EA customer service then. When I went into my EA Sports profile I have uploaded gameplay clips from 09 so that should prove I deserve that pack.

Matt I was able to beat the NFC West team last night, but it was 3-0 with me hitting the FG as time expired after a long pass to my rookie Larry Fitzgerald.

My team is rated 79 overall. To win you have to play almost flawless football. You cannot do deep lobs to receivers down the sidelines if they are 1-on-1 on all pro or higher difficulty or its automatically an interception in my experience.

I'd recommend going through the skills trainer in the game for anyone who hasn't done that. You get players for each one you get a gold medal in. The cards are all pretty much low rated versions of superstars and legends, but they can still provide some depth if you're not too far along with your team yet.

Also, the first coin-up of the season is up. Ravens vs Broncos. Ray Rice or Demaryius Thomas. For those unfamiliar, there is a solo challenge against the Ravens and one against the Broncos. You get coins and a Demaryius Thomas card that you can either hold onto, or immediately put into a collection to receive the Ray Rice card. You choose the card you keep based on whoever you think is going to score more TDs in tomorrow night's game...and you get something like 2,000 coins for every TD they score.

These coin-ups were the most addictive part of MUT last year for me, and almost started to feel like gambling. I only stopped doing them because the rest of the mode was such a grind, it just didn't feel like they were helping that much. Hopefully that won't be the case this year.
Thing that sucks on the AI challenges is if you lose you only get 100 coins & have burned a contract for at least 22 players & the coach.

Also there is a 2nd coin challenge that can be done before Sunday afternoon pertaining to the Giants vs. Cowboys game (I think David Wilson & Miles Austin are the features players.)

I am having a lot of trouble leveling up my team this year. I can't beat the computer because my team is only a 76OVR. I can occasionally beat online opponents. I was so proud to finally get a pro pack, but after opening it, it's highest rated player was an 82OVR RE. Yeah, it sucks. I will probably keep trying though.

I am having a lot of trouble leveling up my team this year. I can't beat the computer because my team is only a 76OVR. I can occasionally beat online opponents. I was so proud to finally get a pro pack, but after opening it, it's highest rated player was an 82OVR RE. Yeah, it sucks. I will probably keep trying though.
The strategy I'm taking is playing through the regular season schedules since the coins ramp up fairly quickly (currently on week 7 of the Titans season). I also did the coin up for tonight (had a little bit of trouble with Baltimore, but somehow freaking stomped Denver with 2 pick 6's and Jerry Rice just going off with 71 yard catch & run and 56 yard reverse TDs). The legendary challenges look ridiculous...being on All-Madden AND giving a stat boost. I'm not going near them until my team levels up some. I'm only a 75 OVR now.

Also, has anybody noticed that the Premium collections all consist of the same 10 cards? I just got the Texans bull pin collectible (in a rookie pack no less), but it seems crazy to get it 31 more times for the other collections. I guess you just have to choose which collections you care about completing? Just seems like a really lazy effort on EA's part for those collections.

The strategy I'm taking is playing through the regular season schedules since the coins ramp up fairly quickly (currently on week 7 of the Titans season). I also did the coin up for tonight (had a little bit of trouble with Baltimore, but somehow freaking stomped Denver with 2 pick 6's and Jerry Rice just going off with 71 yard catch & run and 56 yard reverse TDs). The legendary challenges look ridiculous...being on All-Madden AND giving a stat boost. I'm not going near them until my team levels up some. I'm only a 75 OVR now.

Also, has anybody noticed that the Premium collections all consist of the same 10 cards? I just got the Texans bull pin collectible (in a rookie pack no less), but it seems crazy to get it 31 more times for the other collections. I guess you just have to choose which collections you care about completing? Just seems like a really lazy effort on EA's part for those collections.
The final challenge on each of the weekly 4 game sets is also All Madden with a stat boost to get a pack. This is why I haven't tried to mess with the NFL Top 100 players on All Pro yet to get to an All-Madden Packers team w/boosted Eddy Lacy.

I forgot to mention before that, in addition to not receiving a loyalty bonus for Madden 09, I was credited with playing NFL Blitz even though I only played the demo of that game.

Madden 09 never showed up for my loyalty packs, although I definitely played that game. I like their approach with the pro packs on MUT. Makes it harder to get the really high overalls so quick.

God dammit! I chose Ray Rice for the coin-up. I used the logic that even if the Broncos won, Manning just had too many targets for Demaryius Thomas to get that many TDs. But after Manning went OFF in the 3rd quarter, it pretty much made Rice a non-factor. And then Thomas gets the last TD just to make me look extra stupid, lol. Oh well. At least Rice got one TD. I'll take the 3,000 coins.

MUT is giving out a free Ray Lewis card now. He's only an 80 OVR, but that's actually better than most of my LBs so far. Is crazy how unevenly distributed the legendary positions are. I've got like 9 QBs 75 or above, but my starting LT is a 61 OVR.

Also, there's a new "Next Gen" collection category up that consists of like 5 different 2 card Doug Martin collections, which are based on different combinations of chemistry...or something. If that sounds at all confusing, it's because it completely is. I have no freaking idea what that crap is or how you obtain it. EA hasn't explained these new things well at all.

As great as this MUT started out, it seems like they are quickly complicating things with all these different card types. It's hard enough to remember which players/coaches/etc go in a collection. But then when there are 5-6 versions of every card, it's damn near impossible. I've gotten 2 different Mike Munchak cards, and neither of them is the one I need for his collection. There's like "Base", "Gold Upgrade", "Elite", etc. versions of the same card. Not even two weeks in, I can't even imagine how convoluted this is going to get. I can easily see myself treating it like last year...enjoy it for as long as I can, and then get the hell out, lol.

For some reason, I didn't get ANY of the Madden bonuses.
Might want to contact EA Customer service, I'm going to try that with Madden 09 not showing up.

Do any of you guys think the Season Ticket is worth it for $25? I have a ton of extra MS points thanks to GS taking 12 hours last night to process my points code and I panicked and bought a $20 one from Amazon. (wanted to make sure I got the 2 premium packs(

$25 lets me play NHL a bit for the next 1.5 days and I get free UT packs for both Madden & NCAA and discounted packs for the next year. Get to play FIFA, Madden 15, and whatever they call the new NCAA free in the next year also.

Well, it looks like they've added Bronze Coach and Bronze Stadium collections. So, that makes for a lot more of those rookie pack cards that you can put in collections now. You get 50 coins for them though. Considering a rookie pack costs 2500 coins, it's not a great trade off, but you do seem to have a reasonable chance of getting one of the collectible cards in those packs too (just pulled my 2nd today)...and those are worth 1,000 coins.

Also, the coin-up cards are really strange. There's no collections for them. It seems you just do the quicksell/discard option to get your coins. I got 3000 coins for Ray Rice (1,000 base + 2,000 for 1 TD scored) and 500 for Dez Bryant. It just feels weird just getting rid of them like that.

We were considering doing a 3 on 3 type tourney / mini season type thing the idea was brought up by myself via groupme chat and is still fresh but its something extra to do and not pull any people away from here but just offer up maybe one game a week and some more Madden for those who love the game. I say once a week because it will be a little complicated getting six people online at the same time, but it would be fun none the less, if you are interested shoot me a pm once the reserve is met of people interested , I will create a thread. I am open to suggestions on how it can be done, it would also be cool if you have a headset and are willing to party up with your team if need be.

I'm not sure where this game stands as a sim football game. On one hand, the Chiefs beat the Giants in this year's Super Bowl in my offline franchise. On the other hand, the Browns (my owned team) finished 5-11 with me simming probably 3/4 of the games. So, I guess it's a push?

Edit: Not a universal code, but go to primagames.com and sign up for their newsletter and you should get access to the free version of their E-Guide and get your own code.

OK well I'm glad I got the guide for free from Toys R Us (sold it for $10 plus shipping on Amazon) because I was going into Prima's site to register a couple of codes from CE guides I got on the cheap so I can resell the hardback ones and I saw they have the E-version of the guide for free for signing up for their newsletter. It then gives me another code and it's apparently the same one so it's a universal code.

Have fun everyone with a free Pro pack that contains 85-rated but no chemistry Barry Sanders everyone!

7E5B-36WU-G3NB-TRFQ
Apparently not universal. Got an already redeemed message.

Oh I guess it's because I registered the paper guide then when I signed up for the free E-guide they just gave me that code again. Oops sorry.

But hey, just go to primagames.com, sign up for their newsletter and you get access to their Madden EGuide (which is about 1/4 the content of the paper guide) and you should get a code like I did.

Ugh. I did a whole fantasy draft which took a while (maybe an hour) and what happens afterwards? Trey Wingo starts talking and THE GAME FREEZES BEFORE I SAVE. Isn't that great.

I'm having the strangest glitch in this franchise game I'm playing right now. My defensive end keeps lining up for the Titans when I'm on offense. I didn't notice it until he jumped a route and picked off my QB. I threw it to my WR because I thought no defenders were around and my DE was just my tight end that ran a curl route, but then he jumped out and snatched the ball and took off with it. It's weird seeing dudes tackle a guy who's wearing the same jersey. :lol: I've never ran into this particular bug before.

And now he's jumping around and celebrating in the end zone after I ran past him for a touchdown. WTF.

bread's done
Back