Madden NFL 25th Anniversary Edition: $100 w/free year of NFL Sunday Ticket

wasurenai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-25-Xbox-360/dp/B00AY1CT4U

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
About NFL Sunday Ticket: With NFL Sunday Ticket, fans will be able to enjoy every minute of every NFL game each Sunday afternoon throughout the entire 2013 regular season and get highlights delivered instantly from their computer, tablet, or mobile devices. Fans will also be able to catch every play inside the 20 yard line, all in one channel with DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel.

[quote name='coalminer']I don't know if this has been posted, but to clear up any more confusion, EA's director of marketing explicitly said that there is a unique code in each package which permits access to the online version of Sunday Ticket regardless of whether you're a customer of DirecTV or not.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Ugh. This deal made me preorder it. I hate myself.

I'm switching over from Xbox to PS3 though. Can anybody speak on the differences? I'd think a game as big as Madden would be able to not have a shitty port.[/QUOTE]

they are pretty much same game no problems with either ones

Can someone explain what the Madden Ultimate Team subscription? Is it possible to sell the packs each week on eBay? If so, will I actually need to keep the game?

This is still really tempting. If i can muster together a computer to stream to my TV i might have to do this, disappointed that it doesn't include the PS3 version, which doesn't make sense to me at all

[quote name='rezound']Can someone explain what the Madden Ultimate Team subscription? Is it possible to sell the packs each week on eBay? If so, will I actually need to keep the game?[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine rather than 17 individual codes, it'll be one code that you put in and EA will just unlock a pack weekly.

[quote name='scrub0bk']This is still really tempting. If i can muster together a computer to stream to my TV i might have to do this, disappointed that it doesn't include the PS3 version, which doesn't make sense to me at all[/QUOTE]

ps3 service is not even connected to sunday ticket extra package that's why. when you pay for that you pay right to sony and direct tv gets a chunk of that money. This deal is direct tv and EA nothing to do with sony/microsoft

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']ps3 service is not even connected to sunday ticket extra package that's why. when you pay for that you pay right to sony and direct tv gets a chunk of that money. This deal is direct tv and EA nothing to do with sony/microsoft[/QUOTE]
cleared that up for me, thank you sir:D

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Ugh. This deal made me preorder it. I hate myself.

I'm switching over from Xbox to PS3 though. Can anybody speak on the differences? I'd think a game as big as Madden would be able to not have a shitty port.[/QUOTE]

Go to lensoftruth.com and see the last Madden comparison they did. Unfortunately, EA does make crappy ports to the PS3. Madden 12 was so bad that PS3 users demanded (and thankfully received) a grpahical patch. Madden 13 was better but it IS still a port, and in the process, the grpahical quality is not identical by any means. There are alot of PS3 fans who deny it b/c they love Sony, but it's not sony's fault. EA is lazy. Same thing happend with 2K baseball up until 2 years ago. The ports to Ps3 were downright abysmal. And 2k basketball looked great in 2k10, only to be dreadful for the 2k11 version before bouncing back in 2k12. I have no idea what happened. I miss the days when IGN and other gaming companies would review each platform version of the same game seperately. Remember that, back in those days, if it was cross platform, 75% of the time the PS3 version would always get a .5 or 1.0 deduction in score for inferior graphics and/or sound. Not alot has changed, it's just that media outlets stopped reviewing with that level of detail.

Did some digging around today and found link for NFL Sunday Ticket Max that mentions Sunday Ticket not being available on PS3 anymore. I then emailed Direct Tv and received the following: "Also, I do not have any information that I can share with you right now if Sunday Ticket Max will be available on PS3 for the upcoming season." That coupled with the Xbox One announcement today which appears to have a new/developing partnership with NFL (search engadget for microsoft-lands-nfl-partnership) and maybe it's over for the PS3? It sure seems that way but nothing definitive. Maybe more will be known when E3 rolls around soon.

For those that hook a PC to their TV, what are the specs some of you are using? Anyone doing something like a Raspberry Pi-sized form factor running Linux? The email from Direct Tv answered my question as to whether Linux was supported for NFL Sunday Ticket online and it is.

Sorry for not including URLs but 'new users aren't allowed to post links in forum posts'.

[quote name='SEH']The streams are in HD. Just connect your tablet or PC to your TV. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

Can you stream from an iPad to a TV?

[quote name='Decker']Can you stream from an iPad to a TV?[/QUOTE]
You can with apple tv. There may be other ways as well but I don't use them.

Debated on this for awhile and after a discussion from a Direct TV rep I decided to not go for this. Below you can find a direct quote from the CS rep.

There is a catch to that Madden offer... you would need to have Directv Service in order for this to work. There are activation fees and service hook up fees where through the Madden OFFER the NFL SUNDAY TICKET does not come out to be free. I had heard of this a couple times last year and had to ask my manager about it but I was informed that it would require Directv Service.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I figured that this needs to be shared. 

I'd trust a direct quote from EA before I'd trust a random comment from some lackey on the phone at DirecTV... That'd be like asking a QVC rep which retail companies to invest in.

Haven't read whole thread and have a few questions...

I do not have direct TV and just have a PS3.
Can I buy this collectors edition and watch the NFL ticket on my PS3?

Thanks again and sorry if this has already been answered.

Haven't read whole thread and have a few questions...

I do not have direct TV and just have a PS3.
Can I buy this collectors edition and watch the NFL ticket on my PS3?

Thanks again and sorry if this has already been answered.
No. PS3 has been specifically excluded for this promotion. It is ONLY the tablet, portable or computer version of Sunday Ticket.

What makes me even more worried is that Sony hasn't even announced if the ticket will be offered on PSN this season

So, Google released Chromecast today. Since it pushes whatever is playing in the Chrome browser to a television, wouldn't this be an easy solution for using this edition of Sunday Ticket on a larger screen? (I assume it would need to be paired with a computer as tablets and phones use an app that likely wouldn't be supported by Directv.)

Current DirecTV subscribers who have Sunday Ticket Max get next to nothing though, nothing additional outside of the $100 STM upgrade to get it on computer/tablet/mobile, which apparently you can get for free anyway just by calling into DirecTV and bitching/complaining (at least according to anon internet reports, so take that for what you will).
(For those already with DirecTV (I've had Sunday Ticket since 1995 either on big dish or DirecTV)) The thing is you don't have to buy Max. If you can get Max for free by going through a CSR, it might seem there is no point to paying the $40 for basically the Max content through this EA/Madden deal that you can get for free. HOWEVER, when you pull this stuff with DirecTV, you take away your ability to get future deals through "bitching/complaining" so it isn't as obvious as it seems on the surface. They keep track when they give you a promo like this.

Guess I'll get in on this deal. I have DirecTV now and I figure I could get Sunday Ticket through the service by calling in and negotiating a price lower than the $300 listed, but at least this way, no hassle and the game, albeit internet-only viewing services.

So i'm debating on the 360 version and want to get it also because of the NFL Sunday Ticket. I have an iPhone/ipad/imac/apple tv and want to stream it from any of those devices to my tv will it allow it? Also, is directv service required in order to set up a new account and use this promo? I read earlier in the thread someone mentioned you need to have directv service which I do not nor intend to have.

I am glad to be a Chargers fan and reside in Southern California, there's no need for me to acquire this since I get Chargers' games on basic cable. It is not a bad deal though. 

So i'm debating on the 360 version and want to get it also because of the NFL Sunday Ticket. I have an iPhone/ipad/imac/apple tv and want to stream it from any of those devices to my tv will it allow it? Also, is directv service required in order to set up a new account and use this promo? I read earlier in the thread someone mentioned you need to have directv service which I do not nor intend to have.
You do not need to have DirecTV. Check out the 2nd quote in the OP.

I am glad to be a Chargers fan and reside in Southern California, there's no need for me to acquire this since I get Chargers' games on basic cable. It is not a bad deal though.
Even though you can already watch your team, this deal would still be great for you if you play fantasy.

The only way I can think of streaming this onto a tv would be through the Chromecast.

This trades for $52.35 on Amazon currently.  I am planning on trading the game in after I use the code.  Just FYI.

This trades for $52.35 on Amazon currently. I am planning on trading the game in after I use the code. Just FYI.
Yeah, just lock-in the trade price now.

Also, for those of you who want Madden 25 and are moving to the Xbox One, Amazon is apparently offering a bonus credit of $25 if you trade in the 360 version and purchase the One version. It's listed on the check-out page for the trade-in. A nice bonus.

So, my two year contract with DTV is up in early September...not only that but my service has been crappy lately.  It worked fine through two hurricanes but the past few months it's been stuttering and even freezing up fairly regularly.

Now, I've always been really good with getting promos/reduced rates/etc etc with Comcast and ATT, but this will be my first time trying it with DTV.  What's the advice of some of you who have already done it with them?  And what should I shoot for?  Should I shoot for a reduced rate and just Max?  Or should I shoot for my current rate and a hugely reduced or free "normal" Sunday Ticket?

Also, if I go the Max route what's the cheapest and/or easiest way to get it to my TV besides hooking up my PC to it?

I hope that there is a strong second market for it. I think I'm over madden. Secondly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sunday ticket component sucked.

Edit for clarification

This trades for $52.35 on Amazon currently. I am planning on trading the game in after I use the code. Just FYI.
awesome!

Thanks for the info.

Just locked in my price.

an option came up to get paid instantly for the trade in... I chose to wait until it is graded as you never know if they will accept the trade at the locked in value or send it back to you , its always a coin flip.

So, Google released Chromecast today. Since it pushes whatever is playing in the Chrome browser to a television, wouldn't this be an easy solution for using this edition of Sunday Ticket on a larger screen? (I assume it would need to be paired with a computer as tablets and phones use an app that likely wouldn't be supported by Directv.)
This is what I want to know...unfortunately it doesn't just push anything to the TV because it only works with certain things like Netflix, etc.

This is what I want to know...unfortunately it doesn't just push anything to the TV because it only works with certain things like Netflix, etc.
I have been able to cast anything that is in my Chrome window.......just press the cast button in the top right corner of the browser on your computer. You will have to wait for Aircast to get out of beta to cast using your phone or tablet.

I have been able to cast anything that is in my Chrome window.......just press the cast button in the top right corner of the browser on your computer. You will have to wait for Aircast to get out of beta to cast using your phone or tablet.
Ah cool, was just going by what it was saying it supported. FIgured if it had to "support" Netflix then it didn't just shoot anything out. I guess we'll see more about this soon though...are you going to try it with this? Might have to "friend" you if so, so I can check back in with you. If so definitely beats running a wire from my PC.

Same here, wondering if I can use my Chromebooks HDMI out to stream on a larger screen. Ill use the PC streaming alot more on my computer but would be nice to use at parents or something mobile with my Chromebook.

Locked in that TIV thanks for the heads up

Ah cool, was just going by what it was saying it supported. FIgured if it had to "support" Netflix then it didn't just shoot anything out. I guess we'll see more about this soon though...are you going to try it with this? Might have to "friend" you if so, so I can check back in with you. If so definitely beats running a wire from my PC.
I have both...I have an HDMI out already to my pc, but got the Chromecast for other tv's in the house. HDMI straight into the pc is the best, since there is no lag (not much lag using Chromecast anyway, but a hard line compared to wifi is always going to be better). The only approved and working app on phone/tablets are Netflix and Youtube. The Chrome window on your pc will cast anything in it as long as you press the button in the top right corner. You can even drag and drop video files on your pc directly into the Chrome window and cast it to your tv. I am patiently waiting for my copy to arrive tomorrow from Amazon and I do plan on using Chromecast to cast to the tv, just in case I need to watch football in another room other than the room with my HDMI connected computer. Should work just fine.

Guess I'll get in on this deal. I have DirecTV now and I figure I could get Sunday Ticket through the service by calling in and negotiating a price lower than the $300 listed, but at least this way, no hassle and the game, albeit internet-only viewing services.
I thought sunday ticket is free if you have direcTV now? atleast that's what the commercials keep saying

I thought sunday ticket is free if you have direcTV now? atleast that's what the commercials keep saying
If you move. They do this to keep customers instead of switching to cable.

Don't forget, you will also get $25 off the xbox one version if you trade it in. You could essentially play it until you have to mail it in, then preorder the upgrade. $60 - $25 = $35. So you could come out with an extra $17 in credit plus have the xbox one version when released.

Does the $52 Amazon trade in require the NFL Sunday Ticket code? Apparently the code is just a login/pass to access the directv stream, so it's not your typical one time use kind of thing. The "with NFL Sunday Ticket" is right there in the title of the trade in, though that's probably just because that's the name of game listing on Amazon.

BB is offering $45 for it until October 5th. Might be a safer option and you get a month to play the game (and BB credit is as good as Amazon credit because you just buy Kindle GC's with it)

I have both...I have an HDMI out already to my pc, but got the Chromecast for other tv's in the house. HDMI straight into the pc is the best, since there is no lag (not much lag using Chromecast anyway, but a hard line compared to wifi is always going to be better). The only approved and working app on phone/tablets are Netflix and Youtube. The Chrome window on your pc will cast anything in it as long as you press the button in the top right corner. You can even drag and drop video files on your pc directly into the Chrome window and cast it to your tv. I am patiently waiting for my copy to arrive tomorrow from Amazon and I do plan on using Chromecast to cast to the tv, just in case I need to watch football in another room other than the room with my HDMI connected computer. Should work just fine.
It's my first time doing this w/ Chromecast. By any chance you have a link or a to-do. Like to learn more since I will be getting Madden and NFL.

Mine should be arriving today.  The biggest thing I'm worried about is that the streams won't be in HD.  That would make trying to watch the games on my TV or retina iPad less than ideal.

Okay, I'm slightly confused by all of this logic -- surprise, surprise!

So, I live in an area that provides DirectTV service. However, I am not a DirectTV subscriber nor do I want to be.

Can I buy this $100 package and be able to stream the Sunday Ticket on my laptop?

Okay, I'm slightly confused by all of this logic -- surprise, surprise!

So, I live in an area that provides DirectTV service. However, I am not a DirectTV subscriber nor do I want to be.

Can I buy this $100 package and be able to stream the Sunday Ticket on my laptop?
From Amazon's FAQ page:

Do I need a DirecTV subscription to access NFL Sunday Ticket?

No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

Okay, just to re-iterate because im very hesitant... even thought I live in an area where I could get Direct TV coverage I can still stream the Sunday Ticket without a Direct TV subscription.

I seem to recall awhile back that people thought you could only stream it if you lived in an area where Direct TV wasn't offered...

EDIT: Here is from the Amazon product page. This is what has confused me:

1. For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
  2. For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
  3. For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

Thanks again CAGs for all of the help.

Okay, just to re-iterate because im very hesitant... even thought I live in an area where I could get Direct TV coverage I can still stream the Sunday Ticket without a Direct TV subscription.

I seem to recall awhile back that people thought you could only stream it if you lived in an area where Direct TV wasn't offered...

EDIT: Here is from the Amazon product page. This is what has confused me:

1. For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
  2. For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
  3. For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

Thanks again CAGs for all of the help.
Yes everyone will be able to stream it regardless of directv in your area or not. and regardless if you are a current subscriber or not.

There is no registration , just a login name and password .

The insert says if you "can" receive directv to call for a special offer and provide promo code "MADDEN" .....

But you do not need to call. Just log in with the credentials.

bread's done
Back