Madden or Halo?

GenghisJohn

CAGiversary!
Let me preface this with the fact that I'll be buying Madden 08 and Halo 3, but which do you think has the dumber fanbase? The twelve year old Halo whiny kid, or the G unit gangsta madden playa?

If you don't think the two fanbases are interchangeable, you're fooling yourself.

Madden. I just love how some of them break every play down as if they'd know what the hell was going on in a real NFL game just because they scored a TD on me in a videogame.

[quote name='GenghisJohn']Let me preface this with the fact that I'll be buying Madden 08 and Halo 3, but which do you think has the dumber fanbase? The twelve year old Halo whiny kid, or the G unit gangsta madden playa?[/quote]

i don't know, which one are YOU?????:lol:

they basically overlap. I think Madden gets more dumbasses to go into Best Buy to buy a 360 and Madden, but then get upsold an intercooler, bad azz controller skinz, a 360 skin, a faceplate, and a crappy extra 3rd party controller. Then they decide they need something a little more "actiony" and inevitably pick up what ever action game is hot at the time, but never play it. I don't know where I get that idea :lol:

20070514.jpg

[quote name='Brak']Condescending nerds.[/QUOTE]

is there any other kind? :lol:

Well from people I've met and from what I've played online, I'd say Madden has the dumber fanbase overall ONLINE and Halo has the dumber fanbase OFFLINE. Lots of guys I've met in person who are crazy about Halo are losers, but those I've met about Madden are fun to play against...noone takes it seriously.

Madden....they seem dumber to me cause they are all like "anybody can point a gun and shoot, but it takes skill to run a defense and make plays and blah blah blah"... i just roll my eyes

I'm going to have to say halo, simply on the grounds that you're average non-gamer is likely to own a system just for sports game to play during the off season.

More then anything, I think halo players(the chunk we are reffering to) should "know better" than to act the way they do. Madden players just happen to see the new box in Wallyworld while getting some milk.

[quote name='Apossum']is there any other kind? :lol:[/QUOTE]
I've met some earnest nerds in my travels.

I think they both have dumbasses in their fanbase but Halo's fanbase is WAY more nerdy.

There are a lot of normal cool people that play Madden. Yeah there are some fags that get way into a "video" game. Acting like its real life.

But Halo's Fanbase is just gay Nerdy Losers. Who don't have a life & spend countless hours trying to better their stats and climb onto the leaderboards.

And I'm most likey gonna get bitched at for my comments, but what I said is true. And if ya dont like it....suck a dick.....ohh wait some of ya'll dudes might like that. Nevermind. Maybe just go on a date with a chick - I'd know ya would HATE that..

[quote name='Makaveli_The_Don']I think they both have dumbasses in their fanbase but Halo's fanbase is WAY more nerdy.

There are a lot of normal cool people that play Madden. Yeah there are some fags that get way into a "video" game. Acting like its real life.

But Halo's Fanbase is just gay Nerdy Losers. Who don't have a life & spend countless hours trying to better their stats and climb onto the leaderboards.

And I'm most likey gonna get bitched at for my comments, but what I said is true. And if ya dont like it....suck a dick.....ohh wait some of ya'll dudes might like that. Nevermind. Maybe just go on a date with a chick - I'd know ya would HATE that..[/quote]

Shit, man, thought I was on cheapassGAMER, wow do I feel weird this must be fuck tards.net

[quote name='Makaveli_The_Don']I think they both have dumbasses in their fanbase but Halo's fanbase is WAY more nerdy.

And I'm most likey gonna get bitched at for my comments, but what I said is true. And if ya dont like it....suck a dick.....ohh wait some of ya'll dudes might like that. Nevermind. Maybe just go on a date with a chick - I'd know ya would HATE that..[/QUOTE]

seconded

And I'm most likey gonna get bitched at for my comments, but what I said is true. And if ya dont like it....suck a dick.....ohh wait some of ya'll dudes might like that. Nevermind. Maybe just go on a date with a chick - I'd know ya would HATE that..[/quote]

yeah cause whiggers, wanna-be's, has-beens, wash-ups, gangta's and the general sport-tard is waaaaay cool....you can quote stats for the whole team for the last 10 years but you can't even put a big mac together properly

halo does have it's idiots, but there are more hardcore gamers in the halo pool than the madden pool..a LOT of madden players think of themselves above a "nerdy gamer" even though they are just playing a different disk in the same box....madden players are the people with toyota tercels on 22's...

[quote name='Makaveli_The_Don']But Halo's Fanbase is just gay Nerdy Losers. Who don't have a life & spend countless hours trying to better their stats and climb onto the leaderboards.[/quote]
I have a girlfriend, job, and go to college. Im in the Halo fanbase. So that still makes me a "gay nerdy loser wth no life" by your definition.

And i'd just thought I'd point out that there are people who play Halo all day, and make about $85k a year doing it, not counting tournament winnings. Who do you know that is doing that playing Madden?

alright, i throw mad time in both games, and id have to say the halo crowd is a little more annoying. Theres a done of wanna-be gangstas on halo as well. Halo obviously has a wider fan-base, but Madden is a bit more casual than halo. Halo takes more time and commitment, thought Madden takes knowledge outside of the game, cus theres no way youre gonna be good at it if you dont know general football 101, like what a fullback is supposed to do on a hb sweep

I talk more shit on Halo than sports games in general. I don't like the dudes that just start naming the back up QB for the Browns and shit expect you to know what the fuck they're talkin about.

Halo has more annoying younger kids playing online but if you only compare the older age groups of both games then the Madden players are much worse.

/me picks Nascar and takes the safe route

But i would say both groups are equal. Both have the same ethnicities battling it out for online supremacy...

[quote name='life.exe']And i'd just thought I'd point out that there are people who play Halo all day, and make about $85k a year doing it, not counting tournament winnings. Who do you know that is doing that playing Madden?[/QUOTE]

What the hell is the point of this argument? There are people who deal drugs and make 300k a year doing it. Does that make them intelligent/their profession any more legitimate?

My completely random psuedo-science analysis, broken down by age:

Under 12 > Halo by a hair
12-14 > Halo in a landslide
15 - 19 > Madden with a lean
19 - 25 > Madden in a landslide
25+ > Almost equal, edge to Halo

Now, the 19-25 demographic is probably the largest, so I would say that the Madden fanbase will claim the "Dumber" award.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']WTF happened to CheapAssGamer.com that we end up with threads like these...:roll:[/quote]

Half of us are waiting for our 360s to get back from Texas and have nothing better to talk about. :)

bread's done
Back