Maddened out? Try All Pro Football 2k11 UPDATED 3/26: PATRIOTS FILE IS OUT!

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
UPDATE 3/22/2011

OFFICAL RELEASE DATE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbeit-JpK4A&feature=feedu

UPDATE 3/4/2011:

OFFICIAL TRAILER #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXTOuI5i6OQ&feature=feedu

UPDATE 2/28/2011:

Podcast Interview with BBHIGHLITES about All Pro 2k11:

http://www.mevio.com/episode/271142/...f2k11-bonus-ba

In a few weeks we get a new version of All Pro 2k11 with updated rosters for all NFL players.

Major work is going into this so it's time to spread the word...

go to ratesports.net for all of the official information.

Link to used copies on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...?ie=UTF8&qid=1298913586&sr=8-1&condition=used

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73-4bj2nmkA&feature=feedu

How to download the rosters once they are complete:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ubj6hvIaCU&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:
I was under the impression the NFL and EA still had their exclusive agreement? Or has that expired already?

[quote name='JStryke']I was under the impression the NFL and EA still had their exclusive agreement? Or has that expired already?[/QUOTE]

This is a FAN created project and not done by take 2 or any other company.

There is a lot of work that has to go into making a project like this and the folks at ratesports.net have taken up the challenge. They are the same people who brought us the NFL teams for backbreaker football. Once the rosters are ready they will be released for FREE (on ratesports.net).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJfnampbCIY&feature=related

the games itself is 4 years old and is about as good as madden 05, that being said this is impressive work and could be fun if you can ignore the lack of graphics and horrid gameplay. theres a reason 2k didnt make another APF game.

[quote name='TAYL0R']the games itself is 4 years old and is about as good as madden 05, that being said this is impressive work and could be fun if you can ignore the lack of graphics and horrid gameplay. theres a reason 2k didnt make another APF game.[/QUOTE]

the gameplay on all pro 2k8 puts madden to shame, the passing mechanics are far superior and the animations are excellent.

[quote name='masked lemon']I might have to go spend the $2.50 or whatever it is for a new copy of APF2K8 just for this.[/QUOTE]

That's the best thing about this.. it doesn't cost much to try this out . All you need is the game and a memory stick to transfer the rosters.

Gamestop had copies online for $4.99 but right now it's OOS.

Looks interesting the game wasn't bad either nice lil all star teams.

Ebay has one like new and complete $.99 + $4 shipping ending in an hour.

This NFL roster seems like the draft classes people make in NBA 2K11 that have almost every player that is going to be in that draft. I will go pick up a copy of this game now, played the demo and it was actually decent

ya this is such a waste of time in my opinion, my created teams/insignias look better and just using the old school players(bronze, silver, gold) system was more fun with this game i thought. They have butchered that system and now all the players are on the same level with just real names....WASTE OF TIME, just be patient and wait for 2k to do something.

[quote name='OblivionScamp']ya this is such a waste of time in my opinion, my created teams/insignias look better and just using the old school players(bronze, silver, gold) system was more fun with this game i thought. They have butchered that system and now all the players are on the same level with just real names....WASTE OF TIME, just be patient and wait for 2k to do something.[/QUOTE]

How did you come to this conclusion? Did you play the final product?

If you listened to the podcast posted in the OP you would find out this is not the case at all.

EVERY player is being rated individually and will play differently from each other. We will have to wait for the final product and playtest it but I take them at their word.

Anyone who played backbreaker with their created rosters know BBhighlites and Nyf1 are legit when it comes to rosters...

and you don't have to download it if you don't want to.

I am intrigued by this as I have gotten tired of the Madden games and just don't enjoy them much anymore. One thing that I hadn't thought about is if you can use these rosters and teams in a season mode or if you could only use them for exhibition games.

[quote name='seen']The guy doing the rosters has apparently changed his plans and is working slower now and basing the speed of his work on donations.

http://twitter.com/BBHighlitesGS[/QUOTE]

So, it'll be out just in time for Madden 12...when nobody will give a shit. Dude needs to be careful, or he's just going to end up with one big waste of time. Don't get greedy.

Damn. Literally just went out and bought 2k8 lol. Oh well. I was real excited for this but now, not so much. Whatever, wanted to play through 2k8 again anyway so its not a big deal.

I'm a little confused myself..

He said in February that the release will be done by the end of March.

Now it looks like he switched plans but is not really telling us where he is at with the project.

I am still excited for this to get released..

He does answer questions on his twitter so feel free to ask him about this there..

BBhighlitesGS just tweated he has three teams left to make and then it's onto the inhouse testing phase..

So we are not too far off from some sort of release..

I wonder how hard this was to make. Just the player names and rosters anyway, not counting making the whole jerseys and stadiums over. Would be cool to make rosters from the 80s or 90s or even all time. APF 94 would be pretty sweet.

Sorry for the double post but I made this years browns team. Not sure if they're going to be in the upcoming release, didn't see them in any of the trailers.

There was a couple of snafus (some of the players names were attached to each other, ie if i change one first name, a random players first name would change to the same thing) but they mostly happened with the backup players anyway. I got the rosters and jerseys, didn't mess with the stadiums and ratings or delete the stars. That's a bit over my head for now.

I can upload the file if anyone is interested (I know, everyone is probably so excited to play as the browns... haha) but if you want a sneak peak i'd be glad to upload. Makes the game a lot more fun. Pretty fun to make too.

That's sick. I wonder what they mean by "First File?" I'm interested to see how they're going to make the teams playable and how all that is going to work out in the files. And it's cool they'll be working on NCAA Backbreaker, I've never played it but might give it a try. Pretty sure they made '11 rosters for that as well.

:edit: I get it now. Basically they're releasing 32 different files where you can only play as the team of the file you downloaded, and the other teams are strictly computer teams. Kind of disappointing but I guess that's how I was expecting it to be anyway.

I think there will be 4 files with 8 teams per (max created teams in APF). I was hoping they figured out some way so you could do a season with all 32 teams. Depending on the online tournament/season team limit, maybe we could do a CAG league.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']That's sick. I wonder what they mean by "First File?" I'm interested to see how they're going to make the teams playable and how all that is going to work out in the files. And it's cool they'll be working on NCAA Backbreaker, I've never played it but might give it a try. Pretty sure they made '11 rosters for that as well.

:edit: I get it now. Basically they're releasing 32 different files where you can only play as the team of the file you downloaded, and the other teams are strictly computer teams. Kind of disappointing but I guess that's how I was expecting it to be anyway.[/QUOTE]

This is exacly how the file works.

You will be able to play ANY team you want but only one team at a time. If you would like to play with the Eagles, you download that team's file and the rest of the NFL teams will be computer controlled.

I'm still not sure if we can take these teams online or not..

I hope once the file is released a nice FAQ will be posted about how this all works..

So this means no 2 player?

I'm pretty sure you can play online, I recall seeing a thread on another forum something to the effect of "Hex Editing has ruined this game" so I think you could but I'm not positive.

It's not so much about playing with the pats as it is playing against the other NFL teams. I played the eagles and it was cool to see how the team played with the new ratIngs. The rest of the teams will come...

I've played several seasons with the eagles roster file.

It has been so fun to play with these rosters and I still see new animations every time I play.

Please do yourself a favor and download a team file if you own APF...

Kevin

bread's done
Back