Mafia 2 (PS3) $30 - Greatest Hits: Now includes all DLC!

nbballard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
This isn't really a deal since it's MSRP, but when I was at Target today, I noticed that the red case "Greatest Hits" version of Mafia 2 includes all of the content from the Collector's Edition, as well as the 3 DLC expansions (2x Jimmy, and Joe's Adventure). That ends up being over $30 worth of DLC for free.

As with all Greatest Hits - this is $30.

[quote name='ShadowJT']Is it the director cut version?[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking it must be- but it wasn't labeled that way.

It just had the regular logo, and below that it had a tagline that said "Includes...".

[quote name='VaultDweller']crap i just bought the regular version for $14[/QUOTE]

Same here, from Gamefly. The game still trades in for $15 at Bestbuy though. Might have to make a trip tomorrow and hope that they have the GH version.

I played the PS3 version, it is somewhat fun game the story is so-so, very linear for a open world game, got the platinum trophy and sold it. Then bought it again on eBay for $11 this time for PC, it came in a download coupon along with Just Cause 2 :bouncy:

If the Director's Cut pops up for 360 anytime soon, or if a Platinum Hits version comes out with the dlc, similar to this, then I will buy it, even though I got a copy from the Gamefly sale. Got my copy in yesterday, played it for 14 hours until I beat it, finishing it today, and absolutely loved it. I will definitely double-dip on this one.

[quote name='VaultDweller']crap i just bought the regular version for $14[/QUOTE]

On the plus side, since the PS3 version comes with the first DLC, the second is $10, and you still technically come out on top... unless you actually care about the cosmetic packs and the HD DVD case

Uh oh, as sad as this may sound to you guys, but I'd rather pay $30 for the vanilla version and not have the GH label. Guess I better go buy a copy tomorrow.

[quote name='TheCro']Too bad the DLC for this game is fuckin' garbage.[/QUOTE]

As much as I hate to say it, I agree. For those who bought the vanilla version- you're better off saving your money and keeping what you have. The DLC missions are crap compared to the main game, and have no story (with the exception of a few of the Joe's adventures missions). And the fact that they're all timed just ruins the pacing because you're constantly encouraged to rush through them, as opposed to taking your time and acting like a true Mafia thug. Instead it just devolves into a run'n'gun shoot-fest and if you're looking for that, go play Modern Warfare or Halo multiplayer or something.

Keep your vanilla game, pass on the DLC, and be better off for it.

Ruahrc

Whew....that's good to hear. I got my vanilla copy for 9.99 from amazon so this makes me feel a bit better. I still feel $30 would be toomuch even for all the DLC being included.

What if I don't have a "vanilla"game? Does it detract from the experience playing the DLC, or should I wait and try to find the GH for $20 in a few months?

Got this game for $20 during the Buy.com sale, beat it in a week and traded it right back into Amazon for $20. The game was pretty fun, but the "Jimmy's Betrayal" DLC that came with it wasn't worth wiping my ass with...even if I could have.

Assuming that the other DLC options probably aren't too far removed from the Jimmy's Betrayal concept, I'd steer clear of the Greatest Hits version...go with the basic game and save a few bucks and minutes while you're at it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Uh oh, as sad as this may sound to you guys, but I'd rather pay $30 for the vanilla version and not have the GH label. Guess I better go buy a copy tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

no im with you, i almost never buy GH labeles, cant stand them. Its too bad the complete version has it =( Guess i wont be picking it up

Are both the PS3 and xbox version GH/Platinum hit boxes?

[quote name='choffy21']What if I don't have a "vanilla"game? Does it detract from the experience playing the DLC, or should I wait and try to find the GH for $20 in a few months?[/QUOTE]

Unless you're one of those perfectionist trophy whores who needs to have 100% on every game, get it while it's 13 bucks. The DLC pretty much has no real cutscenes or any additional story and it's just this time attack/score accumulation version of boring "go here and do this" type shit. Big waste.

I just finished the game in 2 days! There are no side missions besides filling up gas, robbing the cashier registers, and what not! Definately not worth the $30, got this from gamefly recently

This is basically everything that I've found so far on this release: Last week Amazon had an image up of the "Mafia II Director's Cut" - it was an off-white box, non-greatest hits packaging, and was for all three systems (well, two systems and PC). It stated that it included the 3 story DLC packs, 4 clothes/cars packages, and the core game. Looks like Amazon has pulled that image but a quick Google search pulls it up.

That same week I did see the red PS3 Greatest Hits packaging in-store (at a local Walmart). No idea if these are on-disc or a code, as I'm looking for the 360 version myself. From the limited message board prowling I've done no one has reported seeing anything other than the PS3 version so far. My personal guess is that the 360 version will be Platinum Hits and that the "Director's Cut" packaging was something that was released by mistake. While the two Jimmy packs didn't get the best reviews, it is noteworthy that the first one was never released outside of the PS3 before this release. The Joe pack does fill in on what happens inbetween one of the chapters in the game, so as a fan of the story I'm curious to play it. The car/clothes packs are nothing that I'd buy but for free it's nice to always have a selection of cars in your garage.

too bad this game is fuckin garbage

bread's done
Back