Mafia II $7.50 Steam & Amazon

Dammit, I bought it for 12.50 during the winter sale and haven't touched it. Didn't think it'd be even cheaper this soon (it came out in August FFS!)

[quote name='dallascowboys']The Amazon version can be registered on Steam, right?[/QUOTE]

The PC version requires Steamworks, it requires steam. But yes I bought the Amazon digital download, plugged the key into Steam, and it worked fine.

This is fair game for people who haven't used the $10 software downloads promotional credit (from ordering games from Amazon this past winter - i think credit which was originally supposed to be for a 12 month xbox live code)

I recently got this game from GameFly. It is way too under rated. Buy it for $7.50. One of the best soundtracks of any game, good story, and there are Playboy pics to collect.

[quote name='arrtee121']This is fair game for people who haven't used the $10 software downloads promotional credit (from ordering games from Amazon this past winter - i think credit which was originally supposed to be for a 12 month xbox live code)[/QUOTE]

That credit won't work on this. Who knows what it actually works on. I tried using it for the Dragon Age deal last week no dice. Save yourself some trouble and just get it on steam.

To tell the true (and this is just my opinion so don't jump on me) but I wasn't all and all satisfied with Mafia II. A buddy of mine let me play it for a while on his PC and I didn't care much about. Driving seemed like a chore and the sneaking mission kinda took me out of the experience. I think I'll pass on it. Again, my opinion.

I guess I care about XBL achievements more than I lead on because even at this cheap price I'd rather just buy it and play it on my 360. Then again maybe I'd just rather play on my nice tv on my comfy couch.

Also on direct2drive. I recommend buying it there because you can stack the 20% off coupon (or by the 10 to 20 coupon and get another title with it like Magicka or Defense Grid) and get it even less and it still activates on steam.

I thought this game was fantastic and worth the full price I paid at launch. At this price I'd say anyone interested in this sort of game should jump on it. Just beware is not a sandbox game. Its a linear story based game with a big city to drive around in.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']That credit won't work on this. Who knows what it actually works on. I tried using it for the Dragon Age deal last week no dice. Save yourself some trouble and just get it on steam.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, Amazon CS didn't know either when I asked. So frustrating that there's a credit I have no idea how to use.

[quote name='JKSonic']I guess I care about XBL achievements more than I lead on because even at this cheap price I'd rather just buy it and play it on my 360. Then again maybe I'd just rather play on my nice tv on my comfy couch.[/QUOTE]

I'm ashamed to say I feel the same way. Who wouldve thought such a simple idea like achievements would sway someone into opting to buy the xbox version?

bread's done
Back