MAGFest 2009 Gaming Festival Official Post For Attendees

Game Over Chump

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)

MAGFest is a video and computer gaming festival run by fans, for fans. It's similar to most fan-based (anime, scifi, etc) conventions, but aims to be more of a laid-back video game party atmosphere. No crowded show floors here, but rather lots of fan art, film and music, and room to relax. Our special guests fit right in and socialize with the rest of the crowd. Game movies and cartoons are shown weekend-long. In addition to our 10 000 square foot game room, lots of attendees set up games in their rooms and invite others inside.

Perhaps most importantly, MAGFest has a huge focus on game music -- multiple concerts worth -- filled with video game music tributes, some even with the original composers! On Friday and Saturday nights multiple bands perform on our main stage, and our 'JamSpace' is open 24 hours for collaborative music and special treats alike.

When is it?

m7calendar.png

MAGFest is scheduled for January 1st - 4th, Thursday through Sunday, the first weekend of the year. We'll start doing setup, handling early registrations / general questions, and at least have something to do starting early afternoon Thursday for anyone arriving early. This is also a great time to wander around and get to know the hotel, guests and other people attending MAGFest. We're also planning something special for people that show up New Year's Eve. More on that soon.

I didn't see a post for MAGFest 2009 so I decided to start one. For those that don't know MAGFest is an awesome video game festival that is held once a year. This year MAGFest is being held at the Hilton Mark Center in Alexandria, VA from January 1st - 4th. I will be attending this years MAGFest and thought I would try and meetup with fellow CAGs who will also be attending. Just reply to this post if you will attending this year.

I will be selling most of my trade/sell list along with some games from my Personal Collection at MAGFEST. I will be staying at the hotel on Saturday night, if you thin you may be interested in a game PM me.

bread's done
Back