Magna Carta 2 $32.98 on Amazon

[quote name='ID2006']It's pretty generic. I went through the entire game and didn't find it particularly memorable.[/QUOTE]

A bit corny and predictable in some places, but there are also some very cool scenes. Good voice acting in both languages. I paid $30 and thought it was well worth the money. Looking forward to the sequel.

VC has character, but that's about it. I think it's overhyped, the gameplay is good and the story is told in an interesting manner (aside from presentation the story's pretty terrible) but yeah, everything about the game is so... predictable and bland.

There were a few smirks and chuckles here and there because the VA and script is pretty good but... pacing pacing pacing. Both LO and VC were painful for me to play through because they're so damn slow.

I bit on MC2, hated the first game but I'll see about this one I guess. Can't go wrong at $26.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Lost Odyssey is a really good RPG, worth a play-through and the dream sequences are just borderline heart stringers.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but those dream sequences were really LONG! I would've preferred voice acting instead of all the text.

Tempted...but this is a Namco game...ie they're planning a PS3 version. They said that it was an exclusive when they released Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, and Star Ocean...all of which wound up coming to the PS3...with extra features.

[quote name='blahtastic']Tempted...but this is a Namco game...ie they're planning a PS3 version. They said that it was an exclusive when they released Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, and Star Ocean...all of which wound up coming to the PS3...with extra features.[/QUOTE]

Uh...first off Star Ocean = Square/Enix Game.

Also Tales is probably not coming stateside either :cry:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Uh...first off Star Ocean = Square/Enix Game.

Also Tales is probably not coming stateside either :cry:[/QUOTE]

Supposedly the English voice actors have been called back in:

http://www.talesunion.com/news/possible-proof-of-tales-of-vesperia-localization--660.html

But with Tales, you never know. They could do that and still never release it.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Magna carta 2 was a good deal at $33, but I heard it bombed in sales, so it's only a matter of time for it to hit $20.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, seems to me it didn't sell badly considering the publisher and reputation of the previous title. But, yes, I'm confident I'll see it again below $40.

Several RPGs (JRPG, whatever, not sure why RPG has to move aside just because World of Warcraft stole the genre) have enjoyed better remakes on the PS3, so I'm just not willing to be burned again. I won't pick this up for Xbox 360 until at least this time next year (and will wait similarly long for any other Xbox 360 release.)

Either way, this game has gotten many good reviews so I'm sure most RPG fans will pick it up one way or another.

-[Unknown]

I just don't get this whole "I'll wait for the PS3 version" business I see in forums so much. I would much rather pay 15 bucks for a game now than maybe get a game down the road for 60 bucks. So it adds another character or two and maybe a couple new areas. Big deal. The story is still the same and I guran-damn-tee you that the additional content is not worth $45. If they added a couple characters and a couple levels extra (so new characters had back stories) and charged $45 for it as DLC on the Xbox version, I sure as hell wouldn't download it. If it was 10 or 15 dollars then maybe. So if it's on the PS3 for 25 or 30 bucks fine. If it's 60 (and you know good and well it's going to be released at that price), then you're being ripped off.

[quote name='typical guy']I'm so happy that I bought this thing yesterday. It's full price again today. Sorry guys that thought it would keep coming down. Try next black Friday. The deal is dead.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I think I'll try again in a couple months when it will be under $20 ;)

[quote name='Josef']Nah, I think I'll try again in a couple months when it will be under $20 ;)[/QUOTE]

I doubt it will be under 20 dollars in a couple months. If it follows the history of previous JRPG's on the 360 then by the spring/summer of next year you'll see it around 40. Next Xmas you'll probably see it 20-30.

[quote name='typical guy']I doubt it will be under 20 dollars in a couple months. If it follows the history of previous JRPG's on the 360 then by the spring/summer of next year you'll see it around 40. Next Xmas you'll probably see it 20-30.[/QUOTE]

Lost Odyssey was at $14.98 at Target within a few months, and $4.97 at Sears several months later. It all depends on the retailer, but someone will sell this for under $20 within the next 3 months.

[quote name='Josef']Lost Odyssey was at $14.98 at Target within a few months, and $4.97 at Sears several months later. It all depends on the retailer, but someone will sell this for under $20 within the next 3 months.[/QUOTE]

I'll cross my fingers for you since you already missed the deal. As I mentioned earlier, Final Fantasy 13 comes out early March so I'll probably be playing that while you're still looking for prices on this one.

I may actually consider paying retail for FF13.

[quote name='typical guy']Big deal. The story is still the same and I guran-damn-tee you that the additional content is not worth $45.[/QUOTE]

Well, I have tons of games to play between now and then anyway, plus I'm way busy in the next few months. Not like I'll be bored if I don't buy this one.

If they release a PS3 version, I'll wait for a deal on it. If this game comes out for the PS3, I'm confident I can find it for under $30 (as a PS3 game.) Also, if the additional content sucks, but there is some, I'm confident I can find the Xbox 360 version for under $20.

Either way I win.

And I don't have to watch the prices, I can just check this forum.

-[Unknown]

bread's done
Back