Magna Carta 2 (new) $14.99 Best Buy

Endangered

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Magna Carta 2 still goes for $29.99 at the local used shops and $19.99 at GS. Its $19.99 for a used copy on bestbuy.com.

I picked it up today for $14.99 at Best Buy, Mansfield TX location. many left at that one.

As far as the game goes, its ranked pretty high as far as JRPGs go. Its one of the few JRPGs with an overworld exploration system.

[quote name='Amblix']Korean RPG*

Great game, highly recommended on my part.[/QUOTE]

I recommend it, but it is not that great. It's an average RPG at best. Story is generic. The graphics are average. There are only 4 or so cut scenes. Most of the story-telling is dialogue a la Enchanted Arms style. The combat is good though. I do give it props for that.

SKU please, OP?

I need to get another copy, my local BB doesn't have it of course. If anyone would be willing to get +ship one to me for price +shipping please let me know.

[quote name='Endangered']Magna Carta 2 still goes for $29.99 at the local used shops and $19.99 at GS. Its $19.99 for a used copy on bestbuy.com.

I picked it up today for $14.99 at Best Buy, Mansfield TX location. many left at that one.

As far as the game goes, its ranked pretty high as far as JRPGs go. Its one of the few JRPGs with an overworld exploration system.[/QUOTE]

was this marked clearance by any chance?

[quote name='DarkRider23']I recommend it, but it is not that great. It's an average RPG at best. Story is generic. The graphics are average. There are only 4 or so cut scenes. Most of the story-telling is dialogue a la Enchanted Arms style. The combat is good though. I do give it props for that.

SKU please, OP?[/QUOTE]

By SKU i assume you mean the barcode #?

7 22674 21028 7

As a fan of old school JRPGs, limited cut scenes, lots of dialog and generic stories is what we love best :lol:

[quote name='OtakuGamer']was this marked clearance by any chance?[/QUOTE]

It was not marked sale/clearance but when i tryed to use my 10% off silver member coupon I was told i could not because it was a sale. Even though it was unmarked and in with the regular games, not in one of their sale boxes in the aisles.

[quote name='Endangered']By SKU i assume you mean the barcode #?

7 22674 21028 7

As a fan of old school JRPGs, limited cut scenes, lots of dialog and generic stories is what we love best :lol:[/QUOTE]

The SKU is on the receipt. It's a 6 or 7 digit number to the left of the item being bought.

[quote name='darkrider23']the sku is on the receipt. It's a 6 or 7 digit number to the left of the item being bought.[/quote]

[quote name='Bioterror']how do you guys get the store locator?[/QUOTE]

The item has been discontinued, you won't be able to find it on the website.

Was this on the regular shelves or in a dump bin? I haven't seen that game on the shelves in Best Buy here in ages, but if it's in dump bins now, maybe they'd have gotten more in.

[quote name='arcane93']Was this on the regular shelves or in a dump bin? I haven't seen that game on the shelves in Best Buy here in ages, but if it's in dump bins now, maybe they'd have gotten more in.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it was in a dump bin.

None of the stores within 50 miles has it around me.

That one store that was 35 miles away didn't even have it.

And it's a discontinued SKU, so they won't be getting any more.

[quote name='Bioterror']how do you guys get the store locator?[/QUOTE]

Look up a product that is available online using the store locator. Then go to your address bar and find "skuId=7 digit number" and replace the 7 digit number with Magna Carta 2's sku: 9515857.

Mansfield, TX's store is the only one showing up as available for me out of the 30 or so stores it pulled up but that's a far drive from Mckinney for just a video game so I'll pass. Store checker's aren't always 100% as Squarehard pointed out. I've used the store checker recently on another discontinued sku: Trinity Universe. None of the stores in my area showed the game as available, but I still found one last week during the B2G1. Then today I went to a different BB with a friend to pick up Dead Space 2 and saw another copy of Trinity Universe.

[quote name='CaoPi']is the SKU different compared to the used one?[/QUOTE]

Checking other games like Gears of War, Halo, yes the used and new copies have different SKUs.

Edit

I see the used Magna Carta 2's SKU is: 1476718 on bestbuy.com which is different from the new one Endanger posted

[quote name='arcane93']Was this on the regular shelves or in a dump bin? I haven't seen that game on the shelves in Best Buy here in ages, but if it's in dump bins now, maybe they'd have gotten more in.[/QUOTE]

this was on the shelves not the dump bins

Ugh, I love me some azn RPGs (even mediocre ones) but finishing this one is really like pulling teeth. The voice acting is horrific, the graphics are so-so, and the story is lame.

[quote name='cat_tango']Ugh, I love me some azn RPGs (even mediocre ones) but finishing this one is really like pulling teeth. The voice acting is horrific, the graphics are so-so, and the story is lame.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said.

I finished the game, but I didn't really enjoy it that much. There are many better RPGs on the 360.

@ Bandersnatch84:
I played both Infinite Undiscovery and Magna Carta 2 and I think that Infinite Undiscovery was better. If you didn't enjoy Infinite Undiscovery, it's likely that you won't enjoy this game.

[quote name='sinned47']Can anyone confirm this in another area?[/QUOTE]

I saw one copy left at a Best Buy I went to this past Friday. It was $14.99 and marked clearance.

I'd say this game is worth it. For fifteen bucks? Why not? It's not a good game, it's extremely mediocre. It puts every cliche of past RPG's and puts them into this game. Like someone else said though, the battle system is different enough that it makes it a little more interesting.

[quote name='cat_tango']Ugh, I love me some azn RPGs (even mediocre ones) but finishing this one is really like pulling teeth. The voice acting is horrific, the graphics are so-so, and the story is lame.[/QUOTE]
I thought the voice acting was pretty good, save for Celestine.

I liked this game. I'm not sure where all these "way better" RPGs for the 360 are that you guys are talking about. I count two: ToV and Lost Odyssey. Everything else is on about the same level to me.

I keep pasting different SKUs into a Best Buy search address, but it keeps coming up with the original game that I searched for.

I liked Magna Carta 2 a lot; not exactly a classic or anything, but quite enjoyable. I at least finished it, which I can't say for Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon this gen.

[quote name='vamn']None in Illinois as far as I can tell.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting results of it being in every store in my area of Chicago, unless I'm either doing it wrong or reading it incorrectly...

I picked it up last year at Best Buy when it was $20. Checking online it looks like there are no copies available at any of my stores, so probably all sold out now.

[quote name='chicagoz']I'm getting results of it being in every store in my area of Chicago, unless I'm either doing it wrong or reading it incorrectly...[/QUOTE]

Really?? I tried searching in the city for stores near 60641, 60618, etc and all of them came up empty. Which stores are showing as having it?

[quote name='vamn']Really?? I tried searching in the city for stores near 60641, 60618, etc and all of them came up empty. Which stores are showing as having it?[/QUOTE]

Nevermind. I must have done something wrong. Last night, it was showing available everywhere. I do it again today, and is showing UNavailable everywhere :(

If there wasn't so much snow, I'd go to my local Best Buy to see if they have it. I love cheap RPGs, best bang for the buck one will ever get.

bread's done
Back