Magna Carta 2

Dominick331

CAGiversary!
I had so many chances to get this on a deal, and now that I want it I cant find it for less than $50+ new, or in limited used quantities on eBay. Any thoughts on were else to look?

P.S. Any feedback on the game is welcome too, I've hesitated many times and now I like what I see as far as reviews and game play footage goes.

It was a fun game. The story is fairly cliched. The combat isn't as good as Star Ocean or Tales, (It's an action RPG, so those are some of the most apt comparisons) but it is enjoyable. I walked away from it glad that I played it.

[quote name='Dominick331']I had so many chances to get this on a deal, and now that I want it I cant find it for less than $50+ new, or in limited used quantities on eBay. Any thoughts on were else to look?

P.S. Any feedback on the game is welcome too, I've hesitated many times and now I like what I see as far as reviews and game play footage goes.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea that this game was so expensive. I got it years ago, and got incredibly bored during the first hour of play and never turned it on again.

[quote name='oddeye']I bought mine at Gamestop for like 15 bucks a few months ago. It's back up to $29.99 used, I'm surprised.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I checked on GameStop's website and did a store search for it, there were none to be found near me. If I was going to drop 29.99 on it used (which I'm willing to do) it would have to be complete and in good condition--not easy to come by with any purchase at GameStop.

[quote name='bshirk']I had no idea that this game was so expensive. I got it years ago, and got incredibly bored during the first hour of play and never turned it on again.[/QUOTE]

Well, I would think that would be expected, its rare for any RPG to suck you in the first couple of hours. My favorite example is Suikoden 5, the game takes nearly 10 hours of boredom to get somewhere, but when it does, its amazing.

[quote name='ctrek3']did not realize it was worth that much, my copy is still sealed[/QUOTE]

The selling price is crazy, I doubt many people are willing to shell out $50+ for this game though. I could kick myself, I'm pretty sure I could have had it for less than $20 this time last year.

[quote name='Dominick331']The selling price is crazy, I doubt many people are willing to shell out $50+ for this game though. I could kick myself, I'm pretty sure I could have had it for less than $20 this time last year.[/QUOTE]

wow. i got my copy from best buy the year it came out as part of a b2g1

If you want to check online, games tend to come in stock after lunch and maybe after people get out of work. I think their system updates instantly when someone trades something in.

ya know, I actually got it in a trade here for my first transaction. And I have seen a few people who have it in their trade list here, so just keep an eye out here on the site and you might find a copy worthy of the cost!

I honestly couldn't tell ya anything about the game though, as I got it in the middle of playing a few games and keep forgetting I even have it.

[quote name='Dominick331']Well, I would think that would be expected, its rare for any RPG to suck you in the first couple of hours. My favorite example is Suikoden 5, the game takes nearly 10 hours of boredom to get somewhere, but when it does, its amazing.[/QUOTE]

Could be one of those, but there are very few RPGs I've played that have bored me that much (maybe Suikoden IV?). I thought Suikoden V was a bit slow to start, but at no point did I want to turn it off except maybe the end when you have to earn money to level up the equipment of three full groups of 6 characters each.

Might wanna try ebay or some of your local video game stores (with any luck) or check the forums or some of the members that might be willing to sell you a copy if they have an extra one

I actually was able to order a copy from BestBuy last night, I curious whether or not its going to ship...it now shows up as unavailable. Maybe they had one copy and I ordered it. I am still going to keep an eye out though, worse case scenario I end up with two copies and keep the nicer one and re-sell the other.

bread's done
Back