Magna Carta: Tears of Blood $49.99 at best buy

[quote name='62t'] Just a warning the review for this game is bad so far.[/QUOTE]

Except for the ones that are good.

[quote name='Magic Pink']Except for the ones that are good.[/QUOTE]
The bad reviews are from places like PSM, amazon japan, and not some little known site. also the impression of people that imported are not that good either.

crap, I was really looking forward to this game. I have it preordered at EB but now I don't know. I might cancel the preorder. I really don't know what to do.

I have this game preordered and can't wait for it. That's only a $5 difference, so I'm not about to cancel my preorder at EB.

Don't ever listen to reviews, because I find myself agreeing with them 10% of the time. Although, this game IS getting an 84% on Gamerankings at the moment. Plus, Atlus would never translate a mediocre game.

man, I'm gonna have a ton of rpg's to play. I have this preordered at EB and dragon quest viii and wild arms alter code f preordered at gamerush. 3 RPGS in two weeks.

[quote name='brianffrpg']Is this suppose to be a deal?[/QUOTE]

No. And this isn't actually an internet website... it's an illusion in your mind. When you wake up tomorrow, you will remember none of this. And then we will make a movie about your story starring Keanu Reeves. Congratulations! :D

[quote name='Samurai T']Plus, Atlus would never translate a mediocre game.[/QUOTE]

The reviews I have read all have said that Samurai Western was extremely mediocre.

I'm actually having second thought about this game myself. I have it pre-ordered, but I'm afraid that I let the stigma of the companies reputation for releasing small print runs be the deciding factor. I'm not a big fan of linear RPGs and I have heard this one, just like DQ 8, is very linear. I'm thinking I might switch my pre-order over to something else and just wait a couple of months to get the game after seeing how well it is received. Then again, I just might not do that and get it anyway. I haven't decided.

Magna Carta: Tears of Blood MSRP $54.99 come w/ LE soundtrack if you can get it for $45 that's good deal (you save $10ish) but i don't have $45ish to spend.

[quote name='Samurai T']Plus, Atlus would never translate a mediocre game.[/QUOTE]

Ahahahahaha. Tsunagi, Dual Hearts, Samurai Western, Stella Deus, Hoshigami, Thousand Arms, Brigandine, Bomberman Fantasy Race, Trap Gunner, Lufia Ruins of Lore, and Shining Force 1 (all just off the top of my head) want a word with you.

Aside from that though, most of the people I personally know that have review copies say it's decent, in the 7 or so range. Great music/story/plot/art, but apparently the battle system gets really old and drawn out later, and load times are supposedly pretty bad. I'm picking it up to avoid having a bitch of a time getting it later, but I'm not expecting a whole lot from it.

is that the deluxe edition?

There's only a deluxe edition, there is no "regular" edition, like DDS.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Ahahahahaha. Tsunagi, Dual Hearts, Samurai Western, Stella Deus, Hoshigami, Thousand Arms, Brigandine, Bomberman Fantasy Race, Trap Gunner, Lufia Ruins of Lore, and Shining Force 1 (all just off the top of my head) want a word with you.

Aside from that though, most of the people I personally know that have review copies say it's decent, in the 7 or so range. Great music/story/plot/art, but apparently the battle system gets really old and drawn out later, and load times are supposedly pretty bad. I'm picking it up to avoid having a bitch of a time getting it later, but I'm not expecting a whole lot from it.

There's only a deluxe edition, there is no "regular" edition, like DDS.[/QUOTE]

Good point OP... Atlus does have some scars in it's past it'd like to forget (much like Mr. Kenshin...) But I really thought that Brigandine was an excellent game- have you ever played it?

[quote name='SailorDaravon'] and Shining Force 1 (all just off the top of my head) want a word with you.
.[/QUOTE]

Hey! Shining Force 1 GBA owns!

[quote name='GreenMonkey']Hey! Shining Force 1 GBA owns![/QUOTE]
good game, but the genesis version is still better.

[quote name='62t']good game, but the genesis version is still better.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That game is one of the best, if not the best Shining Force games in my opinion.

Well crap. I was looking forward to this game a lot, but all this negative talk is getting me worried. Well, I guess it's wait-and-see status for me now.

This game is going on sale at Fry's Socal for $37.99, the ad actually says "Magna Charta" not Magna Carta, but the picture shows its the Deluxe Edition.

[quote name='ofacto']This game is going on sale at Fry's Socal for $37.99, the ad actually says "Magna Charta" not Magna Carta, but the picture shows its the Deluxe Edition.[/QUOTE]

Fry's ads end on Tuesdays. So if anyone is going to cop one at that price, better do it by tomorrow (ad states they'll receive it by 4pm Tues). I love the artwork but I'm still contemplating on buying this or Warriors at Target for $32.xx after their coupon, both, or none at all.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']There IS only the Deluxe Edition, doesn't anybody read threads before posting anymoer? ;_;[/QUOTE]

Yeah I read the whole thread, but I still wasn't sure if there were two versions or not, I was just going by the picture in the ad. Just wanted to let people know they could get it cheaper.

[quote name='Sway']Fry's ads end on Tuesdays. So if anyone is going to cop one at that price, better do it by tomorrow (ad states they'll receive it by 4pm Tues). I love the artwork but I'm still contemplating on buying this or Warriors at Target for $32.xx after their coupon, both, or none at all.[/QUOTE]

They have this at Target? Also, what is this coupon you speak of?

[quote name='chickenhawk']They have this at Target? Also, what is this coupon you speak of?[/QUOTE]

Whoops. Let me clarify. I'm torn between Magna at Fry's or Warriors at Target. There's a thread floating around with a coupon for $5 off any $29.99 PS2 or Gamecube game at Target.

[quote name='Sway']Whoops. Let me clarify. I'm torn between Magna at Fry's or Warriors at Target. There's a thread floating around with a coupon for $5 off any $29.99 PS2 or Gamecube game at Target.[/QUOTE]

Aahhhh...gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. Now that you mention it, I do have that Target coupon. I wish I had a Fry's closer to me. The closest one is about 30 minutes away. That's not too bad, but with a one year old it's hard to get out.

yeah the illustrations are just great, the girl with clothes so tight it looks like they just painted her boobs a different color.

[quote name='Dkellar']I am going today, hopefully they'll have it.[/QUOTE]

Check the in-store availibility before you go. They actually do a decent job keeping up, IMHO.

[quote name='Number83']Check the in-store availibility before you go. They actually do a decent job keeping up, IMHO.[/QUOTE]

I just checked it, and it says that no BB around here have it. From my experience, that thing is total shit. Good thing BB is only a few minutes down the road now.

BB B&M may not be stocking this game. It seems that some of the smaller new titles were not stocked (Suikoden Tactics for example) in order to make space for the 360 launch. I'd be doubtful if the B&M stores received more than a few copies of this if any. This may be YMMV too as this was just my experience in CO...

I was in BB last night, and saw that they didn't even have Dragon Quest 8 on the shelves , so I just assumed that they have yet to put the newer games on the shelf.

[quote name='Dkellar']I was in BB last night, and saw that they didn't even have Dragon Quest 8 on the shelves , so I just assumed that they have yet to put the newer games on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

The add in the Reading, PA area says that will be aviliable Thursday. BB usually releases their new games on thursday's.

Ah, that's why they said Magna Carta has a release date on the 17th... I also asked about DW8, and the guy said they had it in the back. I guess I'll be going back tomorrow evening -_-. I wouldn't put up with this if it wasn't for the $49.99 price tag, $29 in Best Buy Bux, and a BB gift card.

I dont understand, is this some great deal at $50 or are alot of people just realy looking for ward to this game, because i have never heard of it...

[quote name='abhinav']I dont understand, is this some great deal at $50 or are alot of people just realy looking for ward to this game, because i have never heard of it...[/QUOTE]

It retails for 55 bucks, because it comes in a slightly oversized box with a poster and "artbook"... though half of the artbook is a text walkthrough that should take you through the entire game.

My BB still has yet to receive any. I'm going to try again tomorrow. FYI, the game is in their system for $49.99 =)

Edit: This means one could get Magna Carta for $44.99 with a GGC.

bread's done
Back