MagnaCarta 2 Official thread...

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Ok so seeing the game is now out and everyone knows about it I think it's safe to just make this a general discussion thread about the Game.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered this on Amazon since it was in my gold box quick picks. Why is it that I've heard nothing about this game? I'm worried there are no advance reviews. I'm using ECA + one of my $30 trade-in codes on it so I hope it turns out decent. I've been burned buying 360 RPGs at full price before in that they tend to drop so quickly (Blue Dragon most notably).

I'm actually kind of disappointed if it comes out earlier because I may want to swap it to something else and was hoping to have till the 13th to decide. Amazon still says the 13th anyway.

Are there any previews and such that are encouraging on this game?

OK, so apparently this game has been out since August in Japan. And yet I can find nothing on the Internet in the way of Japanese reviews or impressions or anything. I just want to get a general feel for it - is it decent or garbage? I have no idea now but the utter lack of reviews or impressions past some spotty E3 coverage has me worried. I might end up flipping this preorder over to Resonance of Fate (not that I know anything about that either ;)) if it shows up in my Amazon gold box quick picks.

[quote name='io']OK, so apparently this game has been out since August in Japan. And yet I can find nothing on the Internet in the way of Japanese reviews or impressions or anything. I just want to get a general feel for it - is it decent or garbage? I have no idea now but the utter lack of reviews or impressions past some spotty E3 coverage has me worried. I might end up flipping this preorder over to Resonance of Fate (not that I know anything about that either ;)) if it shows up in my Amazon gold box quick picks.[/QUOTE]

here you go

- MagnaCarta II (8/8/7/7, 30 points): "There's a lot of terms and gameplay controls to remember at the beginning, but once you get used to the seamlessly-unfolding battles, you get a completely stressless sense of fun," one reviewer said. Others praised the title as "much more accessible" to a wider range of users than the previous game, but "since combos play such a huge role, you tend to use the same attack pattern over and over again, which is boring."

Edit: That's from 1UP, and I believe that review is from the Japanese mag Famitsu(?). I would take it with a grain of salt though as I've heard Japanese reviewers usually overrate RPG games, so I would guess this is an average RPG, but I'm probably getting it regardless at the TrU B2G1 sale.

[quote name='erectiontown']has anyone played this yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes I got about an hour under my belt and all I can so so far is that this is a hidden gem on the 360.

The battle system is nice and they did a great job with the Unreal Engine, not like coughs** Last Remnant**...

I wont say to much but if you have been hesitant on playing it dont be put it in and enjoy the game...

I almost forgot about this. I guess I'll keep my preorder intact from Amazon, but I don't see myself playing it any time soon with Demon's Souls consuming all my attention :lol:.

picked it up today at gamestop /w artbook, and FINALLY Males look like Males and Females look like Females, definite plus over the original, I will try it out later tonight but as IO said, Demon Soul is also consuming my time.

I'd like to see more input on this as well.

I played the Japanese demo about a month ago and didn't think too much of it, however I'm keeping an open mind. If I see more positive remarks I'll consider it.

[quote name='BigPopov']the demo is decent. If you like hack and slash stuff you'll get into this game.[/QUOTE]

This game is hardly just going at it hack n slash style..

PLAY magazine featured this game on the cover (which is in stores now) and they had a few pages on it and gave a pretty good overview and had some postive things to say about it.

^Yep this is one of the games that are doomed from the start due to word of mouth of the first one being lackluster, I gave this game a chance, story is pretty good, battle system is deep & Nice mixture of Active/Strategy, but never does the battle system over whelm you though. I put in almost 3 hours so far, I will give more impressions as I get futher along.

Edit: Yeah I should read before replying as Derrick1979 beat me to it. Find a copy of Play Magazine or go to their site I guess? for the feature.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Most more impressions.

Also in before the "This will be ported a year later with PS3 extras!" post. :p[/QUOTE]

Haha thats fine they cant wait another year or so to play this game I get to play it now.
One of the reasons I went back to the 360 was that I was tired of waiting for titles to come out that were multi-platform (RPG) or the big exclusives that no matter what seem to have a few mandatory delays..that just keep you waiting and waiting......

Im really interested in this game, can anyone offer anymore detailed impressions on this game? Im stuck between getting this or Brutal Legend as part of my B2G1F

Yeah, it's this or Brutal Legend for me. I'm going to read up on this one tonight. Read gamefaq's, metacritic, ign....whatever I can.

I still can't get over how little hype or interest there appears to be for this game. Anyway, there is a demo of this in the latest issue of Xbox Magazine, with Assassin's Creed II on the cover.

Its actually the japanese demo. It's all in Japanese except for "press start" and "now loading" so it's more than difficult to figure out what's going on. But, I will say this....It's pretty, controls well, character models are well done, and the combat system is fun. My first, albeit limited, impression is very positive. I'd plunk down $60 on this.

Played the game yesterday for 2+ hours. Its ok if you are an JRPG fan (I am not, but I want to give them more of a try, since its the gaming type that started my gaming 20 years ago). You have two "modes", Movement and Combat. You switch between them with one button and seamlessly. The game is your super typical JRPG, story is more of the same you have seen for years, weird creatures, magic, giant monsters/weapons, and evil overlord and you secretly have power and must stop him, if you consider this a spoiler, here is another, we use tvs to play games. Its generic, but I kinda got into the world at the end. Still haven't used any magic. When you attack, it has an overheat system that makes you "tired" and unable to move for 2-3 seconds (long on this game), but since combat is in real-time (as slow as real-time in an JRPG can get), it works and feels almost like the developers wanted a hybrid between real real-time combat and the stand-still style of old JRPGs.

If you enjoyed and would pay $60 for games such as Vesperia, Infinite Undescovery, Last Remnant, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, etc... to name a few on Xbox, this is right up the same ally. If I buy every FPS cause I am an FPS fan and you are the same on the JRPG side, get it. Its 2 discs and it seems quite long and that it will get a lot better, but I am no veteran of recent RPGs (Demon's Souls & Mass Effect are my kind of RPGs)

is this Recommended for someone who:

Loved Lost Odyssey
Loved Last Remnant

Hated Infinite Undiscovery
Hated Eternal Sonata
Hated Tales of Vesperia

Was interested in Blue Dragon and Star Ocean 4 but was so turned off by their art direction that I never got around to trying them out? Blue dragon not so much but star oceans 3d people that look like dolls was so retarded that I couldn't bring myself to rent it.

Would you recommend it based on that?

Waiting on a price drop. I always kick myself when I pay release date price.. even if I really want it.

Get this game if you like tig ol' bitties.

Well, mine is supposedly getting delivered today. I will also probably regret paying full price for it, though I didn't really (thanks to gold box + a few ECA codes ;)). Still, though, if this ends up like Blue Dragon I'll be pissed. I paid full price for that and thought it was well worth it (I loved that game) but seeing it so cheap so quickly after release kind of pissed me off. On the flip side, I paid full price for Lost Odyssey and that never really got too cheap, so it's kind of hard to tell with these types of games. It may not have a huge print run.

In any case, since I'm absorbed with Demon's Souls right now I don't know when I'll get to this, but maybe I'll queue it up to play next.

Got through the first disk and its relly good game! gameplay is interesting (without encounters that takes you to battle zone BUT not as haotic as it was in infinite undiscovery) Story is normal not good but not bad. i LOVED the design of weapons alot! And it very very hard to get lost in this game the marker is always pointing out next story event and even if you wandered off in to different location(side quests) it's easy to continue story because of that marker. i liked that. and it's not very challenging i beat all bosses on first disk without any problems at all unlike the recent one i played. >.>(yes yes im looking at you last remnant bastard). BTW my character of choice (that i control all the time is Rue (with daggers)) she is so cool!

1128710-mc2_rue_large.jpg

@Kisses,

I finished the 1st disc of Last Remnant and stopped. I put in about 30 hours already.

On Magna Carta II, it is developed by Namco Bandai. Let's hope it doesn't end up in limited supply like Tales of Vesperia. I'm excited about this game now though.

[quote name='BLUEMANRULE']@Kisses,

I finished the 1st disc of Last Remnant and stopped. I put in about 30 hours already.

[/QUOTE]

Last Remnant is frustrating i nearly broke my controller on the beginning of disk 2 then i said fuck it and sold it( BTW Magna carta 2 is not MMORPGish at all at least i didn't get that feeling out of it. (i belive Shipwreck said it was i don't remember when =) )

[quote name='BLUEMANRULE']@Kisses,
On Magna Carta II, it is developed by Namco Bandai. Let's hope it doesn't end up in limited supply like Tales of Vesperia. I'm excited about this game now though.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm worried about, the limited supply thing. Then again, I've seen ToV on clearance more than once and paid $30 for it new a couple months ago.

I would say just bit the bullet and spend the money on this title, Bestbuys got a small supply of them and the Gamestops mostly got 1-2 so this one will be hard to find especially with the somewhat warm reviews its getting.

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place, if not mods move it to the right spot please :)

I currently started playing magna carta 2, i got about 10 hours into it now. I'm doing the navyblue marsh/cote mara quests and i was doing all the side quest. I had most of the all done except fighting the soldiers to get the orders. I went and saved my game before i went to fight them. After saving when i went to fight them, i realized one of my guys was gone, zephie. I switched to her and the screen was all black, i tried to move her and do anything at all with her and nothing, untill my xbox froze completely. I restarted my xbox and tried again, this time switching to argo. Still the same thing, just argo went in her place. I went a bit further, beat the guys, went to cote mare and finished my quest and went out to start going to dunan hill and still nothing. I only got 2 guys, 1 guy is stuck in limbo or something and i can't get them out. Am i completely screwed??? Will i have to restart my game from beginning, which i really do not want to do. I know its only 10 hours, but thats still 10 hours of crap i got done. Or is there some way to fix this?? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks guys!

So far i love it, i really do enjoy it. but this glitch got me completely screwed up. I can't figure out how to fix it! only thing i can see is starting a new game, and lsoing those 10 hours, which kills me.

Bump.

Started playing this and I think the battle system is kinda weird, but I'm digging it so far.

Right now I'm at
the part where the north is attacking the island and I'm getting wasted by the guy with the mask. Melissa got killed and I got her sword. You're way underpowered at that part and they throw you into that battle. Am I supposed to just avoid fighting or what?

I actually seen this game in the stores being demo'd in Honk Kong two summers ago. Ever since I've seen it I've wanted to purchase it but not for retail. Maybe now that its price has went down I'll probably trade a couple of games for it.

2D did you get past that part you were stuck at? (also FYI there is at least 2 parts like that later that are very very hard. Where you are doing virtually no damage to the enemy and expected to win where he can kill you in two attacks)

I'm really lovin' the game.

Just headed back to the canyon.

I'm hoping I don't miss any of the quests.

Other then that the only thing I'm worrying about is the chain breaks. Now that Celes is in instead of Zephie, it's become alot easier.

Well, see the general RPG thread. Short answer: I had to quit. Got stuck. But then I think about it, I could have just bought the DLC and would have been ok. It was my fault I didn't prepare. I'll come back to this game again though.

I sent you a PM if you want to give it another go. I didn't really grind at all going through and didn't get stuck so should be doable.

I'm glad to see this thread getting a little more life. I didn't get into MC2, but I want to get the game and I've been watching it since it came out. I'm just kind of waiting for a break in my gaming schedule to jump into it....unfortunately, I don't see one so I may just carve out a month in the Winter to play this game.

Made it to the Darkblade fortress, man this shit is rough! They gank the shit out of me. Using revive capsules every few minutes. Maybe I'll buy the weapons packs and have them sent to me on the usb.

[quote name='Amblix']Made it to the Darkblade fortress, man this shit is rough! They gank the shit out of me. Using revive capsules every few minutes. Maybe I'll buy the weapons packs and have them sent to me on the usb.[/QUOTE]

That's around where I was and I had to give up.

Haha, made it passed that and on to disc two!

Finally decided to upgrade my weapons, most of them had their beggining weapons or stuff I had found.

What a major difference!

bread's done
Back