Magnavox Blu-Ray Player @ Wal-Mart $68 ONLINE

NeuronalState

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ok, linking doesn't work for some reason just search for NB500MG1F at walmarts website
I'm not sure if I want to pick this up, as I've already got a Sony Blu-Ray player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong link, maybe?

Product Not Found!
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
We're sorry, but the item you are looking for cannot be found.
spacer.gif
Please use either our search tool, or browse the virtual aisles by clicking on a department icon above.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Thanks again for visiting Walmart.com!
edit: Linksynergy link? Are you just trying to get us to buy something from walmart so you get a profit from it? I'm deleting that cookie now.

EDIT: NVM Fixed the link. Ok, linking doesn't work for some reason just search for NB500MG1F at walmarts website
[quote name='Alex2290']Wrong link, maybe?

edit: Linksynergy link? Are you just trying to get us to buy something from walmart so you get a profit from it? I'm deleting that cookie now.[/QUOTE]

No... I found it from slickdeals and just copied the url at walmarts page

[quote name='MotzCTG']I ended up getting the samsung 1590 for netflix and pandora.[/QUOTE]

I've got that one. It's nice but it blows that you need their own adapter to hook it up through wi-fi

[quote name='fart_bubble']I've got that one. It's nice but it blows that you need their own adapter to hook it up through wi-fi[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is pretty stupid that they did that with all of their stuff. I sorta got lucky because when I bought my samsung TV I got their wifi adapter free via a mail in. That is the only reason I got it. Works pretty good so far.

Does anyone have one of these and can you share your experience with it? I bought it and just read up on it. I've never owned a Blu Ray player before so I'm not familiar with BD 2.0 and what it does. Apparently it doesn't have Wifi or Netflix, which I'm fine with, but what's this about some Blu Rays not being able to play without BD 2.0, whatever it is? I was wanting to build up a decent Blu Ray collection, should I return this and get one with Wifi? I just don't see the need for it personally, but I don't want to spend $30 on a movie to find out I can't play it on my player...

[quote name='Luriden']Does anyone have one of these and can you share your experience with it? I bought it and just read up on it. I've never owned a Blu Ray player before so I'm not familiar with BD 2.0 and what it does. Apparently it doesn't have Wifi or Netflix, which I'm fine with, but what's this about some Blu Rays not being able to play without BD 2.0, whatever it is? I was wanting to build up a decent Blu Ray collection, should I return this and get one with Wifi? I just don't see the need for it personally, but I don't want to spend $30 on a movie to find out I can't play it on my player...[/QUOTE]

I'm not positive about this but I thought BD 2.0 was only required for BD Live enabled disks and in those cases only to access the special features. I have a PS3 as my player so I really didn't have anything to worry about and as such didn't really pay attention to the differences. However, I thought I remember hearing that BD 2.0 was only required to access special features.

I have this blu ray player. It's not the fastest to load, but plays every BD I've put in it. I dont have it hooked up to the net because this isnt my primary player. Overall I've been satisfied with the purchase, but if it was going to be my primary BD player, I would definietly have bought a higher end unit.

It's automatically determines the best resolution for your TV, and there doesnt seem to be a way to change to a different resolution of your choosing. I have it hooked up to a 720p TV and it plays in 1080i because the player thinks thats the best resolution. I would prefer to have it in my TV's naitive resolution, but its not really a deal breaker.

The box states it supports up to 1080p/24, but I havent checked that feature on my main TV.

The laser also has a audible ring to it. I doubt you would notice that if you have the volume up, but I dont usually have the bedroom tv that loud.

Overall - I dont think you'll find too many other BD players in the price range that offer the same sort of functionality. If you're in the market for a cheapass blu ray player - you wont find many that offer the value of the magnavox.

Rats, I was looking for cheap BR for my dad, but now the Bing CB is only 10%. :p

Plus all the players went up about $10 or more since yesterday. Dang, I guess they got reamed on that CB stuff.

Will any kind of USB Wifi adapter work with this player? I got the player in the mail today and the instruction manual says nothing about it, and their website is even more worthless. I'm willing to get an adapter for this player, it's still cheaper than buying a new Blu Ray with all the features, but it helps if I know what I'm supposed to buy.

[quote name='Luriden']Will any kind of USB Wifi adapter work with this player? I got the player in the mail today and the instruction manual says nothing about it, and their website is even more worthless. I'm willing to get an adapter for this player, it's still cheaper than buying a new Blu Ray with all the features, but it helps if I know what I'm supposed to buy.[/QUOTE]

the Magnavox doesn't do online

bread's done
Back