Maguro aka Bluefin Tuna put on endangered species list due to Sushi industry

MusicNoteLess

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
http://www.metroactive.com/metro/02.04.09/cover-bluefin-0905.html

Not to mention other fish as well

Bluefin tuna may be the number-one no-no of the sushi industry, but other fishes are to be avoided as well, says Trenor, whose own sushi restaurant, Tataki, has created a menu void of threatened species and products of dirty aquaculture. Trenor warns never to eat hamachi, which in most cases is not actually yellowtail, as commonly believed, but Japanese amberjack caught in the wild and transferred to enclosed pens for feeding and fattening. Farmed salmon is never a safe option, nor is unagi. Shrimp farmed in tropical nations, especially in Southeast Asia, is the cause of entire river ecosystems collapsing. Longlined swordfish, mahi mahi and tuna should be avoided, too.

Conserve now, eat later! Mmm...

Predicted in "The World is Flat"

eventually humans will drive everything extinct... nice being a hyper intelligent, super predator... we collapse the entire global food web and fuck up the world... real "smart":roll:... eventually it will all come back to fuck us over

[quote name='bardockkun']Well, they wouldn't have this problem if they would stop being so GODDAMN DELICIOUS![/quote]

QFT.

Hey, our seaweed is also in danger. I saw an episode of NHK closeup on the effects of climate change, and the higher temperatures are wreaking havoc on the seaweed fields.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Wow. According to them, there is like nothing you can eat.[/quote]

There's plenty to eat. You just can't eat the most delicious stuff on the menu. :cry:

Cows aren't endangered are they?

I don't even like fish. I do my part everytime I get dragged to a seafood restaurant and wind up eating chicken.

[quote name='Halo05']Cows aren't endangered are they?

I don't even like fish. I do my part everytime I get dragged to a seafood restaurant and wind up eating chicken.[/quote]

they just fart a lot creating a lot of methane gas and eat a lot of food that could be going to people

Put hoses up their butts and we'll have a new source of renewable gas.
[quote name='Ikohn4ever']they just fart a lot creating a lot of methane gas and eat a lot of food that could be going to people[/quote]

bread's done
Back