Mail fraud question

Brad906

CAGiversary!
(Very short version of the story ahead): I ordered a Crystal Xbox Controller on December 15 and it arrived broken. I tried forever to contact the company but to no avail. I finally called Xbox today and they said they would replace it. Anyway, I still filled out complaints with PayPal, Reseller Ratings, and I want to fill out a mail fraud form. The item was shipped via UPS. Does UPS have a form for this? I knows USPS does, but I can;t find one for UPS.

Thanks,
Jordan

EDIT: Damn, I am signed in as my brother, sorry.

This is me. Here is the site and product:

http://shop.system-mods.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=161

Here is my more in depth story I sent to PayPal:

"I purchased an Xbox video game controller from this seller's website on December 15th for $38 total. Here is the product I ordered: http://shop.system-mods.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=161 Anyway, the product arrived in seemingly good shape. However, once I opened it up and tried to use it, I found that the controller did not work. The buttons on the controller did not register when I pressed them down, and the slot in the top of the controller to plug in a microphone was also non functional. The controller was completely useless. I immediately filled out a form on the website to report a broken item and request a return/exchange/refund. After several days with no response, I sent an email to them. Several more days went by with no response, and I sent a third email threatening to file a claim with PayPal to resolve the issue. No response once again. I decided to give them one last chance so I called the number provided on the transaction page on PayPal. Not surprisingly, it had been disconnected. I now am left with a broken controller and $38 less in my pocket. Please investigate this and try to get my money back. Thank you, and I will anxiously await your decision. Thanks again, Jordan"

By the way, PayPal said they couldnt do anything since I didn't get the item on eBay.

Is there anything else I can do to get back my $$ or at least screw this company?

If the product was shipped UPS it should be insured up to 100 bucks. That is their basic policy that I know of from when I ship things through the UPS Store. I will try to find out which form you would need to file a claim.
To file a claim, you will need the tracking number that was used to ship the product. This is how they deal with these.

[quote name='cdeener']If the product was shipped UPS it should be insured up to 100 bucks. That is their basic policy that I know of from when I ship things through the UPS Store. I will try to find out which form you would need to file a claim.
To file a claim, you will need the tracking number that was used to ship the product. This is how they deal with these.[/quote]

I have the tracking number, receipt, inoice, PayPal info, everything. Let me know if you find a form to fill out. Thanks!

Jordan

Do you think the item was damaged during shipping? It sounds like they may have just sent you a broken product. I'm not sure if UPS would cover that. Plus, I thought the sender had to initiate the claims process with UPS? Paypal may be sympathetic though, especially if the seller in unresponsive.

[quote name='TJordan522']

Is there anything else I can do to get back my $$ or at least screw this company?[/quote]

Did you pay through paypal with a credit card? If so, just do a charge back on the credit card you used.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Do you think the item was damaged during shipping? It sounds like they may have just sent you a broken product. I'm not sure if UPS would cover that. Plus, I thought the sender had to initiate the claims process with UPS? Paypal may be sympathetic though, especially if the seller in unresponsive.[/quote]

Based on what I found out, the shipper or receiver can file a claim on a package.

To answer all of the above questions:

-No, I didn't use a credit card. My PayPal is linked with my savings account (I'm only 16 and don't have a credit card)

-It doesn't appear as if the controller was damaged in shipping. It's just a defective controller, unless someone smashed it on the ground a few times during shipment and screwed up the internal parts. (The controller package was in good shape)

I'll go check out that link in a second. Thanks!
Jordan

[quote name='supermariomelee']Just curious, did you read their news page? Seems there are more people than you that received damaged goods.[/quote]

Yeah, I did read it. I don't think I'm ever getting anything from them though. I did some research online and it turns out they are a real mysterious company. They had a horrible reputation in 2003 but payed off some websites and forums to praise them. Then they did some good business for a month or two, then it all went to hell. They have ripped tons of people off. They are owned by some weird Iraqi guy.

Sorry to get off-topic, but do you have two accounts on CAG? That really confused me when Brad906 started the thread and then you hijacked it.

[quote name='XboxMaster']Sorry to get off-topic, but do you have two accounts on CAG? That really confused me when Brad906 started the thread and then you hijacked it.[/quote]

Lol, it's OK. Brad906 is my brother's account, and I didn't check to see which of us were signed in when I posted.

bread's done
Back