Maine Thread

I'm always checking Target for their Clearance games and munchies. Today I went into the So. Portland Target and found a copy of Fable 2 Platinum Hits for 9.98.

Anyway, see if your Target has recently remodeled their video game section, that seemed to have sparked a pile of about 30 Clearance games. I noticed our Walmarts are doing that too, getting rid of cases and returning to security devices so that customers can grab their games without assistance.

Heyoh. I'm from Bar Harbor. Anybody out there have a PS3?

I just want to find some locals to game with so my connection won't be so wretched. Honestly, I'm usually connected with spanish speaking folk and that MUST be straining it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah man I live in Bangor. Feel free to add me. My PSN is the same as the username.
For games I have...

Borderlands
Brutal Legend
F.E.A.R. 2
Plus Skate 3 and Red Dead Redemption pre-ordered.

Well, considering I played the hell out of it on my 360 thanks to Gamefly, and when I sold my 360 I needed to fill the void by buying it on the PS3.....yeah I'd say I like it alot haha. I'm not even really much of a FPS kind of guy, but I love me some Borderlands. If you get it, I'll definitely play some co-cop with ya.

[quote name='jaydepps']Not really from Maine, but attending college here. Just thought I'd let you guys know that there is this awesome little store in Biddeford, ME called Empires. They sell DVDs for $5 unless it is a new release then it sells for $10. They have a good amount of video games. Plus other randoms collectibles such as action figures or books. I don't really know the address. All I know is it is a few stores over from this chinese restaurant which is 26 Alfred Street. Thought I'd give a heads up to any local CAGs. If you go can you say you heard about the store on CAG? THanks[/QUOTE]

Hey cool, i'll have to check that place out next time i'm in the area.

Yea, no problem. Its a really cool store. Nice to see some other CAGs in Maine. I am only here during the school year, but my PSN is Jaydepps. I only have Bad Company 2 and LittleBigPlanet for now. Might be getting MAG soon not sure.

Forgot about this thread, but after returning to college again I went to see this store in Biddeford to see if he was still open. He now has almost 10,000 DVDs and 2,000 video games. Quite a nice expansion in just 3 months. I was impressed.

I don't know much about Maine, but I am going to college in Biddeford, ME still. Not sure about the proximity to Windham.

Feel free to hit me up on PSN: The_Buckbiata or XBL: The Buckbiata, just put MAINE CAG in the message. I just ordered portal 2 I'd love to play with some maine cag's.

I'll add ya when PSN returns. I don't have Portal 2 yet though. As for everyone saying Bullmoose is awesome. Maybe it's just me but I hate that store. Awful pricing in my opinion.

[quote name='jaydepps']I'll add ya when PSN returns. I don't have Portal 2 yet though. As for everyone saying Bullmoose is awesome. Maybe it's just me but I hate that store. Awful pricing in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's just you almost all their prices are better than GS for games, and the book stores are rivaling amazon prices from what I've seen.

[quote name='jaydepps']I'll add ya when PSN returns. I don't have Portal 2 yet though. As for everyone saying Bullmoose is awesome. Maybe it's just me but I hate that store. Awful pricing in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

they have a weird pricing scheme and it doesn't really make any sense. Most of their stuff is better than GS, but some of their games end up being overpriced. One example that comes to mind is a new copy of 3rd birthday for $37.

It's really hit or miss though, I've never really gotten anything amazing at any Bullmoose store so far. I go there since they sell NES, SNES, PSX, SAT and other older games.

Hey do you go to UNE jaydepps?

I'm kicking myself about the guy who bought 20 rare PSX RPGs for $8.97 each at Bullmoose last month. I have a feeling it was the Bullmoose in Waterville, ME, because I went there afterwards and found Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy Anthology marked at the same price. I was in that area with my girlfriend, and I thought about going there. There was even a guy (who looked like a gamer) sitting on the bench with a big Bullmoose bag. I mean, Suikoden, Tales of Destiny, and Legend of Mana for $9 each? :(

[quote name='Blade']I'm kicking myself about the guy who bought 20 rare PSX RPGs for $8.97 each at Bullmoose last month. I have a feeling it was the Bullmoose in Waterville, ME, because I went there afterwards and found Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy Anthology marked at the same price. I was in that area with my girlfriend, and I thought about going there. There was even a guy (who looked like a gamer) sitting on the bench with a big Bullmoose bag. I mean, Suikoden, Tales of Destiny, and Legend of Mana for $9 each? :([/QUOTE]

I actually talked to the guy and he said it was the Sanford one. I went to the Waterville one and passed up on those two.

Bangor checking in. Wasn't expecting to see many Mainers on here. Also a former employee of Bull Moose Bangor.

Hey everyone.

Damn, I've only been to the Windham one (hate it kinda), Portland (alright but hate going intown) and Scarborough (fave store hands down). I always look at the genesis games but theyre usually only sports games.

I've only been to the one in Windham, since that's where I live. I wish they had a better N64 selection than NFL games. Seriously, it seems like they have 40 copies of the same damn Madden game.

I've been googling for 10 minutes. Can somebody please explain the bull moose points card to me? I've had one and always use it but don't know how the point system works.

[quote name='TLFerrill']I've been googling for 10 minutes. Can somebody please explain the bull moose points card to me? I've had one and always use it but don't know how the point system works.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that every ~$13 you spend (I heard that a while ago, doesn't really sound right though), you get a point. Once you get more points, you can use them to get something worth that much half off.

For example:
If you spend $130, you get 10 points. Now you can get a $10 game for half off ($5).

[quote name='solisnk']Damn, I've only been to the Windham one (hate it kinda), Portland (alright but hate going intown) and Scarborough (fave store hands down). I always look at the genesis games but theyre usually only sports games.[/QUOTE]

I had never been in the Portland one until just recently, and I was pretty impressed with the size of the store and the mountains of media. I normally go to the Waterville one, closest to where I live, and it's too cramped and unfriendly. It also smells bad, which is weird considering it's located next to Bath & Body Works. :(

By the way, fuck those racist Asian bastards at Sarku Japan in the Maine Mall. I went there with my Asian girlfriend, and they discriminated against me. Punk kids looked at me and my girlfriend and immediately went into disgusted, avoiding all contact, shitty service mode. They can say "thank you" to everyone before me in line and box up their meals and hand it to them, and then not talk to me and turn around for no reason when I pick up my order? Little bitches.

bread's done
Back