maintaining a goatee

Hunter55

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Im getting pretty sick of having to go to the barber everytime i wanna get my goatee reshaped (my facial hair grows back in about 4-5 days), so i decided to try doing it at home. I bought a beard trimmer from sharper image, but that seemed too big and was very bad at actually cutting hair. Now i need to buy another beard trimmer, something smaller and easier to handle (I've seen some nice conair ones a couple of places), and i wanted to hear some reviews/recommendations before i bought another one.

Got me one of those small "beard and mustachee" trimmers By Conair. It nice and small, got a lot of different attachments.
Works great ! was only like $15

I have a Remmington cheapy. It works great but you have to carefull putting on and taking off the attachments, the nubs that hold them to the actual trimmer are easy to break.

I've been using a Wahl for a couple of years and I have no complaints. Be sure to get one that can be plugged in. Trimmers can eat up batteries.

Being able to use it while it charges is important IMO. The type that plug directly into the wall (whether it's fully corded or the cord can be removed after charging) can run this way. The type that sit in a charger and have no cord plugged directly into the trimmer can't. Nothing worse than having your trimmer grind to a stop with your beard half long and half trimmed :lol:

you know i thought about growing one myself, as a joke...see at my work some of the kids call me the name of a science teacher i work with everyday by accident...i hear this like 4-6 times a week :| as a joke I thought about growing my beared and trimming it to a goatee to look like him lol, im sure that will drive him bonkers :p

Ming.jpg

You should ask Cheapy's evil twin brother, Harold D.

I found that using Lithium batteries, though expensive, works well. I've had the same pair of batteries in my trimmer for well over a year now.

I just use a cheap 20 dollar one from Walmart. Its a rechargable type. As for screwing up the shaping, just be careful and take your time. If you mess up, just carefully edge up the area that you messed up and let a little grow back at a time. If it grows as fast as you say it does, then you shouldn't really worry

Well, I'm bumping this topic because I'm trying to decide what to do about my beard. I've let it run free for two months now, and I like it, so now I need to go about maintaining it. I've been looking at both of these...
http://www.amazon.com/Remington-MB-...OAFTS/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t/002-0177212-3048806

http://www.amazon.com/Remington-MB-...U2/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_title_3/002-0177212-3048806

and this one too.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Norel...ef=pd_sbs_hpc_njs_title_2/002-0177212-3048806

I can't decide which one to get. I like the idea of a vacuum, but people seem to like the mb-300.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these, or an alternative, preferably one i could buy off amazon?

bread's done
Back