Majin and the forsaken kingdom 22.99 @ amazon

Amazing price. While the game doesn't seem amazing, it seems like a breath of fresh air on Microsoft's FPS machine. I'll play it at some point.

Was an ok demo, for an ok apparently game, and I really want to buy it for this price. However, maybe for once, I'll say no. Great deal though...

[quote name='vlv723']fuck! Bought this on release day delivery. Now I have to do a return-rebuy method *sigh*[/QUOTE]

Same here - I called to try to get them to adjust the price since I haven't even received the game yet, but no go. Oh well, gonna call Fed Ex tomorrow & see if it's possible to refuse the package before it's actually delivered.

Great find! I was reading a few reviews and definitely wanted to pick it up if I found it cheap. With this and the $15 in credit I have from pre-ordering AC: Brotherhood I'm all over it.

[quote name='argyle']Same here - I called to try to get them to adjust the price since I haven't even received the game yet, but no go. Oh well, gonna call Fed Ex tomorrow & see if it's possible to refuse the package before it's actually delivered.[/QUOTE]

Try e-mailing them or using the chat. I've found calling them usually gets me no-where, but I always have had my problem fixed by communicating via e-mail (haven't personally tried the chat, but that could also work better as well, but I'd suggest trying e-mail).

Just tell them you won't be able to refuse the package (due to working, or something else), and you don't want to have the hassle of having to return it to them just to get a discount which they should honor. Just send something along those lines, and you shouldn't have a problem getting credited for it.

[quote name='argyle']Same here - I called to try to get them to adjust the price since I haven't even received the game yet, but no go. Oh well, gonna call Fed Ex tomorrow & see if it's possible to refuse the package before it's actually delivered.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to be home to refuse a package just don't open it and write return to sender on it and call them to cone pick it up at least that's how it works with us.

also if you tell customer service via chat that your going to deny the package and reorder it and that amazon will save money by just crediting your account the difference they usually will

[quote name='utopianmachine']Amazing price. While the game doesn't seem amazing, it seems like a breath of fresh air on Microsoft's FPS machine. I'll play it at some point.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Get a PS3!

I literally just ordered this game last night from Amazon thinking it would be a few weeks before they put it on sale. I really don't want to have to go through the return process. Hopefully they'll just honor the price if I e-mail them.

[quote name='Aegith']From what I've seen--personal vote for best game of 2010.[/QUOTE]

Not even close. I played the demo and wasn't impressed at all. Graphically, the game is lacking. Gameplay wise, the game isn't very fun. Character wise, I don't like the designs at all. The controls felt very wonky as well. I like the overall feel of the world, but other than that I couldn't find anything else good to say about the game.

It says something when they start the game out for $59.99, then immediately drop the price to $39.99 upon release, and then have the game on sale for almost $20 upon release week. Maybe they just released a very poor demo compared to the rest of the game? But from what I've played, I wouldn't even waste a rental on this game. When Brotherhood is released in the same time period, not sure how anyone can vote this game of the year.

wtf. I'm waiting on this from GS right now. I used credit to get it from there....guess I could return it, get my credit back and use the credit for something else later. sigh

For those that want impressions, it's almost a mix of Zelda and ICO. I didn't play the demo, but assume it covers the initial dungeon. After that there's an open world (w/ day/night cycle) and puzzles, temples, treasures, etc. to explore. Combat is focused on being able to effectively cooperate (attack certain enemies, use traps, etc.) w/ the Majin otherwise you will die very quickly. The voices and graphics will garner a lot of complaints, but gameplay wise there seems to be a lot here for just the initial $40...

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Not even close. I played the demo and wasn't impressed at all. Graphically, the game is lacking. Gameplay wise, the game isn't very fun. Character wise, I don't like the designs at all. The controls felt very wonky as well. I like the overall feel of the world, but other than that I couldn't find anything else good to say about the game.

It says something when they start the game out for $59.99, then immediately drop the price to $39.99 upon release, and then have the game on sale for almost $20 upon release week. Maybe they just released a very poor demo compared to the rest of the game? But from what I've played, I wouldn't even waste a rental on this game. When Brotherhood is released in the same time period, not sure how anyone can vote this game of the year.[/QUOTE]

Just because you don't like a game (especially just based on the demo), doesn't mean it can't be somebody else's GOTY. Based on reviews, it's obvious that there are some people out there who really love the game. And the demo is only a small portion of the full game anyway, so I'm sure there's a lot more to the game than that.

And personally, I didn't like Assassin's Creed 2, but plenty of people called that their GOTY last year. It all comes down to personal taste. I'm not going to say that people were wrong for having it as their GOTY just because I didn't like it.

Well that episode of qore made me want this then I saw it dropped to 40 and I was excited then I found this on amazon and pooped my pants :) so I'm excited

[quote name='ihadFG']Just because you don't like a game (especially just based on the demo), doesn't mean it can't be somebody else's GOTY. Based on reviews, it's obvious that there are some people out there who really love the game. And the demo is only a small portion of the full game anyway, so I'm sure there's a lot more to the game than that.

And personally, I didn't like Assassin's Creed 2, but plenty of people called that their GOTY last year. It all comes down to personal taste. I'm not going to say that people were wrong for having it as their GOTY just because I didn't like it.[/QUOTE]

People that called AC2 their game of the year was because they didn't play Uncharted 2.:D:rofl:

Hmm... to wait or not. I'm very surprised the priced lowered this much that quickly. Caught me off guard! I actually liked the demo to this game. I have too many games in my backlog to play as well.

Great deal, but as tempting as it is I think I'll wait. I have a crazy large backlog and this thing has been dropping since day 1.

I pre ordered this a few days ago and received it on Tuesday. I just got a reply for my first email to customer service and it read like the generic email they send to anyone asking for an adjustment. Sent them a second email and if they don't adjust the price of my order this time then I'm just going to return and re-buy. Not sure why they are so adamant about refusing price adjustment in this type of situation.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Not even close. I played the demo and wasn't impressed at all. Graphically, the game is lacking. Gameplay wise, the game isn't very fun. Character wise, I don't like the designs at all. The controls felt very wonky as well. I like the overall feel of the world, but other than that I couldn't find anything else good to say about the game.

It says something when they start the game out for $59.99, then immediately drop the price to $39.99 upon release, and then have the game on sale for almost $20 upon release week. Maybe they just released a very poor demo compared to the rest of the game? But from what I've played, I wouldn't even waste a rental on this game. When Brotherhood is released in the same time period, not sure how anyone can vote this game of the year.[/QUOTE]

So because you didn't like it, he can't vote for it as his GOTY?

Anyways TC, good find... I looked in that thread but missed it as well. Definite purchase at that price.

[quote name='cyphen']I pre ordered this a few days ago and received it on Tuesday. I just got a reply for my first email to customer service and it read like the generic email they send to anyone asking for an adjustment. Sent them a second email and if they don't adjust the price of my order this time then I'm just going to return and re-buy. Not sure why they are so adamant about refusing price adjustment in this type of situation.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I talked to a representative via chat and they wouldn't refund the difference. They did however e-mail me a return label so I could return/rebuy.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, I talked to a representative via chat and they wouldn't refund the difference. They did however e-mail me a return label so I could return/rebuy.[/QUOTE]

Already got a reply saying they refunded me the $17 difference (one time exception, against policy ect) but since I used $35 in promo certificates I only see $4.99 as refunded in my account. I hope I see the full $17 in my bank account but that doesn't seem likely.

[quote name='Animekatt']Hmm... to wait or not. I'm very surprised the priced lowered this much that quickly. Caught me off guard! I actually liked the demo to this game. I have too many games in my backlog to play as well.[/QUOTE]

I think it caught everyone off guard.

And yeah, as nice as the price is I'm gonna wait. It's not that I don't have the money but it's the time. And when I'm ready to play it I'm guessing the price will be around $20 in most places.

Woah! I definitely got lucky this week! I had this pre-ordered but the card got denied cuz not enough money in it. So then I just canceled & decided to buy it later! Wow! I'm so glad I didn't have enough on Mon!!

$23 for a game that came out this week?! Hell yeah I'm getting! XD

I've been trying to ignore this deal, but goddamn this is a smokin price! N41, I just hope that big fuckers voice doesnt get on my nerves to bad, it started bugging me while playing the demo and that was for a whole 10-15 minutes. Other than that, I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, I just tried appealing to them via email. Their customer service (at least on email) have been extremely helpful for me in the past. I'm hoping they'll honor the price change for me, I wasn't set to receive my order until tomorrow.

bread's done
Back