Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom -- General Discussion

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Started playing the game today after running through Vanquish twice, and I'm really enjoying the experience so far! I've grown quite attached to the Majin, pretty much ever since he and the main character joined up.

I think the graphics are actually quite nice compared to what some reviewers have been saying otherwise.

Action is a bit simple at this point but hopefully will get a bit deeper as the game progresses.

I can see why people would compare this to Twilight Princess or ICO, but the only similarities have to do w/ the partner mechanics. I appreciate the light RPG elements to it.

If you're on the fence, I'd definitely consider it a worthy buy at only $40. Surprised that Namco/Bandai decided to immediately cut the price by $20 but hopefully that will move some units during the busy Christmas season. Now if only they would advertise...

If I didn't have so much to play I'd consider it. I just wasn't too impressed with the demo though. Is the actual game much better?

[quote name='whoknows']If I didn't have so much to play I'd consider it. I just wasn't too impressed with the demo though. Is the actual game much better?[/QUOTE]

Never played the demo. Based on the trailers I had moderate expectations and I feel like they've been met thus far.

I personally think it's a welcome change of pace from all the FPS/TPS I've been playing recently.

I really want this game low key.
The music reminded me of Dark Cloud 2.
But I didn't like the Majins voice xD haha

Considering I just picked this up from Amazon's amazing deal, I'm eager to hear more impressions of the game :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cheska19']Considering I just picked this up from Amazon's amazing deal, I'm eager to hear my impressions of the game :D[/QUOTE]

So you like talking to yourself? ;)

I really liked the demo. Coupled with the $23.00 price on Amazon it was a no brainer. I had ignored the game because it looked like a mediocre action platformer, but seeing Shipwreck talk about it got me to try the demo.

[quote name='madbst']Wow, $23 for a new game?? If I didn't have a backlog, I would have picked it up. The game looks intriguing.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I picked up folk lore for 20 months ago and haven't touched it.not that I think that was bad deal but I can't imagine it costing much more then that by the time I get around to it.

[quote name='Ecofreak']It's $22.99 at Amazon.com right now!!!

That is absolutely nuts.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's back up to $39.99 now..
I want to get it at some point, I really liked the demo.. But I'm still trying to get though Sly Collection, and plus just got AC:B, so I'll be busy for a while lol

[quote name='bjstucker']had this preordered at gamestop cancelled my preorder as the Voice Acting was atrocious for the Majin.[/QUOTE]

lol yeah, exactly. ;)

bread's done
Back