Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom PS3 39.99 Amazon

The reviews were generally pretty favorable. The Nov issue of GI gave it an 8 i believe. Gameplay runs somewhere along the lines of Ico, except w/o an annoying princess to carry and a giant "majin" following you. Pretty neat!

Namco Bandai projected sales:

Dead to Rights Retribution: 700,000 units
Clash of the Titans: 700,000 units
Enslaved Odyssey to the West: 1,000,000 units
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom: 1,000,000 units
Splatterhouse: 1,000,000 units
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2: 700,000 units
Ben 10 Ultimate Alien Cosmic Destruction: 700,000 units

Namco Bandai sales so far:

Dead to Rights Retribution: 350,000 units
Clash of the Titans: 250,000 units
Enslaved Odyssey to the West: 800,000 units
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom: 300,000 units
Splatterhouse: 350,000 units
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2: 1,000,000 units
Ben 10 Ultimate Alien Cosmic Destruction: 800,000 units

It's like ENSLAVED, but you can now step all over your partner literally, since your sexy female counterpart is now an ugly giant.

I liked the demo.

The "stealth" part of the game is dumb though. Stupid AI don't even notice you killing their allies just 2 barrels away even if they're looking straight at you out in the open.

$40 at gamestop too. 360 version as well. Could be the new retail price for it. Enslaved's sales probably prompted this move from Namco.

I've been following this game for quite a while and I'm looking forward to its release! Definitely looks as if this could be a potential "sleeper hit" of the year. Many have referenced similarities to Ico's gameplay and Enslaved's art-style. Can't wait! :)

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Ordered, this is from the guys who made Folklore so it should be good.[/QUOTE]

They also did Clash of the Titans, but I'll cut 'em some slack :)

[quote name='ssjmichael']They also did Clash of the Titans, but I'll cut 'em some slack :)[/QUOTE]

Well, that's the "movie license games are pure shit" effect, lol.

[quote name='doodofdoods']$40 at gamestop too. 360 version as well. Could be the new retail price for it. Enslaved's sales probably prompted this move from Namco.[/QUOTE]

So $39.99 really isn't a sale price but more like the MSRP then?

I'm in, was holding off for a price drop, but that demo was awesome.
Enslaved was AMAZING, anyone on the fence for $25 should just JUMP!

Place an order for it to lock the price just in case. Would prefer the 360 version but I can just cancel if they match the price for the 360 copy later and reorder.

I tried the demo of this game and I was not impressed. The graphics were nice but the controls were horrible IMO. They felt very floaty as well as laggy, hopefully this is fixed in the full release or with a patch.

This is great news.. I loved the demo.. I'm definately keeping an eye out for this.. I wanted the 360 version though... hopefully it drops as well.

Just based on the demo: Graphics, gameplay, and controls all seem poor. This game is ugly, levels are bland and boring. $15 is my buy price on this. Fine if you liked it, i definently did not, and think this game will go much cheaper.

Full game may be better. The general "feel" of the game did seem similar to ICO/Shadow, but i think thats just the color scheme, mysterious "dark ooze bad guys", companion, and the PS2 graphics. It seems to be lacking the things that actually made those games special.

Locked in the price, but I hope it holds because I have $35 worth of credit coming from NFS and AC:B next week. Loved the demo, so getting the game for $5 will rock! :D

I liked the demo, but hopefully it stays at this price until Assassins Creed comes out. I want to use my $20 BlackOps credit on Assassins Creed, and then use the $15 from that game on Majin to make it $25. :)

The thing that bugged me in the demo was that it doesn't seem like you can cancel an animation with another button press - i.e. the jump has to complete before you can jump again. I had this problem with Tomb Raider: Underworld and it pissed me off. Game could be cool but I'm in no rush to get it.

I wasn't impressed by the demo. It seemed ok, but I don't think I could tolerate the way the big guy talked for a whole game.

Demo was nothing special. I've got Blops and Brotherhood to tide me over this year. Maybe DKC Returns and Epic Mickey.

geez, some of your serious gamers.. Didn't it occur to you that this game is maybe aimed at kids and parents who want to play this game with their kid(s). That was the impression I got from the demo at least, sort of like Pixar movies; mostly for kids with a touch of adult humor. This is a great price if you're looking for something like this.

[quote name='Bazylik']geez, some of your serious gamers.. Didn't it occur to you that this game is maybe aimed at kids and parents who want to play this game with their kid(s). That was the impression I got from the demo at least, sort of like Pixar movies; mostly for kids with a touch of adult humor. This is a great price if you're looking for something like this.[/QUOTE]

However it is a T rated game...

The demo definitely made it feel more like an E10 game. Maybe the ESRB is a bit on the harsh side with this one:

Rating: Teen
Content descriptors: Animated Blood, Violence
Rating summary:
This is an action-adventure game in which players control a young man named Tepeu and a creature named Teotl as they attempt to free a kingdom from an immortal army. Players navigate underground taverns and use swords, staffs, lightning strikes, and fire attacks to kill various enemies in frenetic combat. Realistic explosions occur throughout the game, and characters grunt or cry out in pain when hit. Players can also sneak behind enemies and perform stealth attacks that include depictions of impaling. Splashes of black liquid emit from injured enemies, sometimes staining the ground.
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=29999

[quote name='groundskeeper']However it is a T rated game...

The demo definitely made it feel more like an E10 game. Maybe the ESRB is a bit on the harsh side with this one:

Rating: Teen
Content descriptors: Animated Blood, Violence
Rating summary:
This is an action-adventure game in which players control a young man named Tepeu and a creature named Teotl as they attempt to free a kingdom from an immortal army. Players navigate underground taverns and use swords, staffs, lightning strikes, and fire attacks to kill various enemies in frenetic combat. Realistic explosions occur throughout the game, and characters grunt or cry out in pain when hit. Players can also sneak behind enemies and perform stealth attacks that include depictions of impaling. Splashes of black liquid emit from injured enemies, sometimes staining the ground.
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=29999[/QUOTE]

Okay well maybe he meant parents with Teens....

NAMCO is probably basing this new price off of the sales of Enslaved.

I have the demo on my PS3 HDD, but haven't tried it yet--too many good games distracting me!

[quote name='Bazylik']geez, some of your serious gamers.. Didn't it occur to you that this game is maybe aimed at kids and parents who want to play this game with their kid(s). That was the impression I got from the demo at least, sort of like Pixar movies; mostly for kids with a touch of adult humor. This is a great price if you're looking for something like this.[/QUOTE]

The "touch of adult" is a weird implementation. There's a bumbling, cuddly sidekick who does most of the work, and then you go around stealth-killing and decapitating skeletons.

Of course, going by how many sub-8-year-olds talking about their 1st grade math homework I've heard playing Black Ops, parents just fucking disregard the rating anyway.

[quote name='mindsale']Of course, going by how many sub-8-year-olds talking about their 1st grade math homework I've heard playing Black Ops, parents just fucking disregard the rating anyway.[/QUOTE]

Haha, and you just hit on the very reason why I don't bother with online gaming unless I'm playing with people I already know. :lol:

Tempted by this, but the fact that the PS3 version is so much cheaper and the 360 version is full price is making me wonder whether Namco knows something about the PS3 version that we don't. It'll probably be this cheap again before I'd get around to playing it anyway, so I think I'm going to hold for now and see how the reviews are once the final, full version is out.

Edit: Huh. In the minute since I posted, it looks like Amazon has dropped the price on the 360 version as well.

[quote name='mindsale']The "touch of adult" is a weird implementation. There's a bumbling, cuddly sidekick who does most of the work, and then you go around stealth-killing and decapitating skeletons.

Of course, going by how many sub-8-year-olds talking about their 1st grade math homework I've heard playing Black Ops, parents just fucking disregard the rating anyway.[/QUOTE]
And yet they want game ratings legislated. Ridiculous.

For those who on the multi-plats like myself...

Get Majin for the PS3 version - it's brighter and even has a slightly higher resolution.

Which is actually the total opposite of Namco's other *similar* game Enslaved (360 version was better).

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']For those who on the multi-plats like myself...

Get Majin for the PS3 version - it's brighter and even has a slightly higher resolution.

Which is actually the total opposite of Namco's other *similar* game Enslaved (360 version was better).[/QUOTE]

Source or eyeballing? The demo was fun enough at 40, if not quite awe inspiring. I'm not worried about getting it at release though and I'll wait to hear on this since I finally got a new, and working, ps3.

[quote name='Vortextk']Source or eyeballing? The demo was fun enough at 40, if not quite awe inspiring. I'm not worried about getting it at release though and I'll wait to hear on this since I finally got a new, and working, ps3.[/QUOTE]

SOURCE:

http://www.lensoftruth.com/

Lower res specific details on the 360, not ACTUAL resolution. Looks pretty much the same on either console without a fps analysis, which won't be a huge factor in a game like this anyway.

Hmm, some of you must have played a different demo than mine:
- Horrible (ps2 like) graphics
- Annoying main character that sounds like a mentally retarded person (no offense intended)
- Silly combat animations...

No thanks. Sub $20.00 game.

bread's done
Back