Majin And The Forsaken Kingdom (Xbox) $17 - Amazon

Namco Bandai USA must be bleeding money with all these sales bombs that they've released. Not that I'm complaining. Sales bombs, means price drops!

Wow. Gotta tempt me with the Xbox version. If it was PS3 it would be an insta-buy. This is another one of those titles that I just feel should be played on the PS3 over the Xbox.

I got it for $23 on Black Friday and beat it. The story seems interesting at first but never really goes anywhere.

Combat is God-awful, and I found a lot of the puzzles more frustrating than fun.

It's not really worth the money with so many other, better games out right now.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I got it for $23 on Black Friday and beat it. The story seems interesting at first but never really goes anywhere.

Combat is God-awful, and I found a lot of the puzzles more frustrating than fun.

It's not really worth the money with so many other, better games out right now.[/QUOTE]

I heard somewhat similar things about Nier but after beating it 4 times in a short period of time, it's one of my favorite 360 games of all time. I don't know if this would be a similar scenario however, so I think I might try the demo and see where that goes.

Any other recommendations? The last thing I need to do is spend more money... but $17 is a good deal.

Wow, this game really plummeted in price. I know I'll get it at some point. It looks cutesy-happy, and well, I'm a sucker for those kind of games.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I got it for $23 on Black Friday and beat it. The story seems interesting at first but never really goes anywhere.

It's not really worth the money with so many other, better games out right now.[/QUOTE]

This is why I ordered it then deleted it. I'm going to wait for a lower price.

I beat the game the other day. The story is pretty bad, the combat is mediocre, and you have to deal with some off-putting voice acting. The world also feels really empty (story-wise, it makes sense), but I just can't help the fact that there is no life in the game. The graphics can be a bit stale at times, but also beautiful in others. The game also overstays it's welcome towards the end of this semi-drawn out adventure, at least for me.

Having said that, I can still fully recommend it for it's puzzles and simply put, it's heart. You can't hate but love the 2 main characters and the companionship that blossoms. The whole game feels like an outdoor dungeon from Zelda, with some tricky puzzles. Be forewarned, the game is pretty bad at explaining where to go next or how to solve puzzles unless you pay attention to small details.

bread's done
Back