Major changes may be in store for Veronica Mars S4

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
If Veronica Mars gets renewed for a fourth season they may fast forward the storyline past Veronica's college years to the FBI academy.
It could be interesting if done well. Hopefully some of the original characters would make cameo appearances.

[quote name='Kaijufan']If Veronica Mars gets renewed for a fourth season they may fast forward the storyline past Veronica's college years to the FBI academy.
It could be interesting if done well. Hopefully some of the original characters would make cameo appearances.[/QUOTE]Why would we assume she got into college and the FBI? She spent a lot of time screwing around solving crimes, didn't she? That couldn't have helped her grades.

[quote name='jmcc']Why would we assume she got into college and the FBI? She spent a lot of time screwing around solving crimes, didn't she? That couldn't have helped her grades.[/quote] She's a freshman in college in the current season. I should have said they would fast forward past her remaining college years.

Why can't she just join the FBI thing next season and not jumb ahead?

A know this is a last ditch effect to save the show, but give me a break. GOOD writers rather have their show fail then fuck it up just for a network.

I also heard 2 days ago that it's canceled, which would be dumb.

well the numbers this season have sucked even for cw standards...allegedly they did some filming of veronica mars in the fbi academy (i think for a future episode dream sequence of sorts) and that the exec liked it. If it does well when it airs it may allow for the series to continue

[quote name='David85']Why can't she just join the FBI thing next season and not jumb ahead?

A know this is a last ditch effect to save the show, but give me a break. GOOD writers rather have their show fail then fuck it up just for a network.

I also heard 2 days ago that it's canceled, which would be dumb.[/quote]Major changes? You mean, people are gonna start watching it?

And that above statement is ridiculous. GOOD writers would rather keep collecting paychecks, than have their show fail, and get nothing at all.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Gooder writers keep their shows good AND have people watch it.[/QUOTE]

Well good writing doesn't mean it will get viewers.

If the creators really cared about the show they would just let it end.

If this happens, and with success, I could only see 2, maybe 3 characters making it.

Those 3 are:

Her dad - atleast as a catalyst for a while
Wallace or the computer chick (who's name escapes me, but I want to call her Morgan for some reason) - her trusty sidekick

Other than that, most people would probably make cameos or just get mention. I am sure if they did fast forward that far, that they'd have the first few episodes give a bit of an update on everone and then go from there.

[quote name='craven_fiend']If this happens, and with success, I could only see 2, maybe 3 characters making it.

Those 3 are:

Her dad - atleast as a catalyst for a while
Wallace or the computer chick (who's name escapes me, but I want to call her Morgan for some reason) - her trusty sidekick

Other than that, most people would probably make cameos or just get mention. I am sure if they did fast forward that far, that they'd have the first few episodes give a bit of an update on everone and then go from there.[/quote]
Her name is Mac, I think...

[quote name='Rivalz']Her name is Mac, I think...[/quote]

Yeah, thats it. I always forget her name. Maybe thats a sign she would be one of the regulars left off of the show if it fast forward 3+ years.

I wonder if the dream sequence will show a lot about the FBI Academy, or if it will just show Veronica(and her dad), so as to not give anything away.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']Didnt they just cancel this yesterday?[/quote]

Not seeing anything about that, any links?

Though, it is listed as being on indefinte hiatus on thefutoncritic.com. Hopefully its just a break to wrap up filming for the season, but sadly, that may be the end of it.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']Didnt they just cancel this yesterday?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but not confirmed. The last few days have had a lot of reports about it being canceled by the CW hasn't confirmed anything.

And the show is supposedly returning May 1st. I think if they are planning on ditching it they should move the timeslot first. Up against House and AI is not the best spot.

[quote name='David85']Yes, but not confirmed. The last few days have had a lot of reports about it being canceled by the CW hasn't confirmed anything.

And the show is supposedly returning May 1st. I think if they are planning on ditching it they should move the timeslot first. Up against House and AI is not the best spot.[/quote]

There are many differing reports out there, as to the shows status. And as far as Rob Thomas knows, the show has yet to be cancelled. The same website also said that he was to present the CW execs a sample of the possible FBI Veronica Mars. He was said to have done so yesterday, so most likely someone will know/leak something in the next few days.

[quote name='David85']Yes, but not confirmed. The last few days have had a lot of reports about it being canceled by the CW hasn't confirmed anything.

And the show is supposedly returning May 1st. I think if they are planning on ditching it they should move the timeslot first. Up against House and AI is not the best spot.[/quote]
There are many differing reports out there, as to the shows status. And as far as Rob Thomas knows, the show has yet to be cancelled. The same website also said that he was to present the CW execs a sample of the possible FBI Veronica Mars. He was said to have done so yesterday, so most likely someone will know/leak something in the next few days.

Eeeeik... At this point it might be better to get canceled...

2. This new Veronica version takes place four years in the future, and features Veronica as a full-fledged FBI agent. (This morning's Hollywood Reporter incorrectly reports that in the new featurette, Veronica is still in the FBI Academy.)

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/blog/index.jsp?uuid=75a31622-f0e6-4166-be21-798de6671716

In four years she will become an FBI agent?!?! She's a freshman and within one year she will pass all the FBI crap? Yeah that would make me feel safe

[quote name='David85']Eeeeik... At this point it might be better to get canceled...

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/blog/index.jsp?uuid=75a31622-f0e6-4166-be21-798de6671716

In four years she will become an FBI agent?!?! She's a freshman and within one year she will pass all the FBI crap? Yeah that would make me feel safe[/quote]

I wonder if, in that time frame, she will have dropped out of college, and gotten into the FBI Academy? Thats about the only logical process for them to go this way. And the first episode of the new format could be her first day after graduating from the Academy and working at the "Bureau". Just an idea.

As long as its done right, then it should be ok.

I just hope The CW gives it a chance, as its already proven that it can't make an original show worth watching, IMHO. And the only new show that stayed was one of the Monday night comedies, so its not watched by very many people.

Here's an idea, I know the summers are generally for reruns and reality, but why not try Veronica Mars in the summer time? It'd be up against very little competition and could do well.

[quote name='craven_fiend']
Here's an idea, I know the summers are generally for reruns and reality, but why not try Veronica Mars in the summer time? It'd be up against very little competition and could do well.[/quote]
I would like to Veronica Mars during any time of the year that's not sweeps. The show can't stand against new episodes of the major shows on the other networks, but what if the show it in December, January, March, April, and June? I'm willing to bet that more people would watch it due to the lack of original content on the other networks, and the ratings would be higher.
Also, the CW need to fire the morons who are making the Veronica Mars ads. If I wasn't a fan and I saw those ads I wouldn't watch the show.

[quote name='David85']Eeeeik... At this point it might be better to get canceled...

In four years she will become an FBI agent?!?! She's a freshman and within one year she will pass all the FBI crap? Yeah that would make me feel safe[/QUOTE]

I think it would have to be a longer time frame than that, if I remember correctly the FBI only takes people after 3 years of full time post-college work experience.

The dropping out idea is a good one. She can drop out of school one episode and join the FBI, then the next is her graduating. That could work, but still, ehh.

But with this "spinoff" idea it would save a lot of money on co-stars. just have a few new people and have a cast no larger than 3.

And they really should show it some other time, House and AI kill it because I have been watching House. I'm not a diehard fan but I think the show deserves to stay on the air, plus CW doesn't have anything better to show. They should have picked up Invasion last year.

[quote name='David85']The dropping out idea is a good one. She can drop out of school one episode and join the FBI, then the next is her graduating. That could work, but still, ehh.[/quote]

I could be set up something like this....

End this season with Veronica Mars dropping out of college, due to all of the current turmoil and FBI Academy. Then they end the season with her getting a response from the Academy and opening it. Then BAMMMM to be continued.

Just my 2 cents.

^ The problem with that is the season/ series finale is most likely already shoot and I don't they have planned for this.

bread's done
Back