Major Nelson CAGbag - Get your questions in!

What was your intial reaction to Wombat calling you a Vagina Clown? How did you find out and did you want to punch him in the face for it initially? I am seriously curious.

Hey guys,

I was struck by this last week when y'all were talking about the Simposons demo, and how it was up on PSN first. Now I think that for most mulitplatform owners, at least subliminaly achievements are a big deal in choosing a platform. However, do you think that where one first experiences the demo can have a large role in shaping opinions of which console to buy for?

Keep up the good work.

*crosses fingers*

1) With regards to XBL Marketplace restrictions, are Japan and SE Asia considered the same region? I was unable to download the Bioshock Demo here in Indonesia even though Japan was supposed to be the only restricted region.

2) Could you shed some light on why free marketplace content which isn't tied to a specific sponsor, would be region restricted? (The Gears of War multiplayer maps, for example.)

Note: I'm using an American Xbox.

There are a lot of questions here that I'm pretty sure are out of MN's job description. I'd like to see some different kind of questions, if possible.

Either way, I've got plenty to ask on my own ;)

why do the 360 code cards come in two styles? scratch off and paper tab

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/youruglyclone/TheCodeisgonesmall.jp

I'm personally partial to the paper tab.

also any chance that an eject function be usable while a disc is in the tray in the dashboard?

also please say hi to albert for me...it's good to know people keep steel battalion at the office (I kept 3 controllers at the office for a good year).

[quote name='yukine']Where the hell is J Allard?[/quote]

working on the zune, snowboarding in the alps while dodging explosions, drinking more mountain dew. I'm sure one of those will answer that question

[quote name='CheapyD']There are a lot of questions here that I'm pretty sure are out of MN's job description. I'd like to see some different kind of questions, if possible.

Either way, I've got plenty to ask on my own ;)[/QUOTE]

That's why I kept my questions to XBL. :)

Microsoft is obviously already thinking about their next console, and inquiring minds want to know:

1. How likely is hardware-level backwards compatibility? This was a major bummer for the 360. Software emulation offered backwards compatibility with a limited number of titles. Credit is due to MS for updating this list even long after the system was released, but the BC offerings still compare..... poorly, to either competitor. PS3 compatibility is excellent with PS2, and Wii is (I think?) universally compatible with gamecube games.

2. How likely is a single hardware package? It seems that the multiple "packages" available for the 360 (and, to be fair, the PS3) seriously dilute the brand identity, and possibly alienate customers who find that they purchased the "wrong" version of the system for their needs. Core? Premium? Elite? Halo edition? Arcade?

3. Will MS commit resources to the "fanboys" who pre-reserve their next system? The 360's launch was not without its problems, and many would-be customers (myself included) were burned on their pre-reserves. I put down a vote of confidence, and $50 of actual money on your system, months before it came out and in fact before an actual price was announced. When launch came around, I was told that shipments had been sharply cut and my pre-reserved system wouldn't be available for some time (in fact, not until mid-January). Meanwhile, Best Buy seemed to be getting regular shipments of units in, available to anyone who felt like waiting in line overnight. In protest, I declined to purchase a system until just this past month (when Halo3 was released). Aside from the Halo game, I'm now purchasing lots of used games at greatly discounted prices.... many of these I'd have paid full price for when new, if I'd had the system.

Totally understand if you can't answer these questions about any as-yet unannounced system, but I would appreciate if you incorporate these concerns into whatever statistics you're keeping on "what customers want for the next system".

Can you give us any new titles to expect for the XBLA?

[quote name='Theduck']Xbox 360 Backward Compatibility List

Please ask him about this. I need my x-men legends 2 >:[[/QUOTE]

And I need my DOA Xtreme Volleyball... I play it for the great volleyball simulation. Don't look at me with those eyes!!!

Looking at the three consoles from the average consumer's point of view, do you think there is any validity to the argument that the Wii's single SKU in the market makes it a far easier choice than the segmented market Sony and Microsoft has created? Where do you see the industry going in the next generation and beyond?

As a follow up, you bring up the point in your podcast that this splintering of product lines is akin to the iPod market. The big difference between iPod SKUs can be boiled down to hard drive size, but Sony seems to be taking it a step further. Not only are their SKUs differentiated by different HDD sizes, but now key hardware components (like the Emotion Engine, memory slot readers, etc.) are missing clearly limiting the console's abilities from one SKU to the next. Your thoughts?

Pick out the best thing and the worst thing about the 360, Wii, and PS3. Also, what's the game you're most looking forward to playing on each of those three consoles?

Why have you been dodging the Insomniac guys for an appearance on their podcast? Why did you dodge Cheapy at TGS with that fake "passport" story?

Pick out the best thing and the worst thing about the 360, Wii, and PS3. Also, what's the game you're most looking forward to playing on each of those three consoles?

Why have you been dodging the Insomniac guys for an appearance on their podcast? Why did you dodge Cheapy at TGS with that fake "passport" story?

Did Larry choose Major Nelson as a gamer card or did MS$ engineer the name and figure that it was viral enough for us to give a shit about his/MS$'$ opinion.

errr wait..

Dear Major Nelson (Larry),
Why should we give a shit about your opinion, when you are obviously sponsered by Microsoft?

I got few Questions!:

If you could create a game,what the game would be like?

What was your 1st game console/game?

Is your job a COOL job?do you enjoy it?

Have you felt the pain of Red ring of death[i have 2 times]

If you could create handheld xbox console,what would you call it?

Is viva pinata still fun to you?

just wondering, why no ability to browse the internet thru our consoles? Has it ever been considered or can it be implemented?

How do you balance your job at MS with being a gamer in conducting your interviews? What's it like to interview a designer of a game that you know is really bad?

1. What games do 360 owners have to look forward to next year besides GTA4?

2. Why does Microsoft charge for Gamer Pictures at all? Why should we have to pay to be a walking ad for a certain game or movie or show.

3. When can we expect to see X-Men the arcade game on XBLA?

4. Any chance of seeing a marketplace update that can filter the free content?

5. What's your favorite non XBox or 360 game?

6. How much do you hate Wombat on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being a whole lot and 10 being wanting to castrate him with lava shears?

Every single time I try to play a multiplayer game online on my 360 the following happens.

- Turn on 360, sign in to my account. Here I can browse the marketplace and DL demos, etc, etc. - no problems here
- Launch game (for example, Gears of War, Halo 3, Forza 2) and try to join a multiplayer game
- The game will freeze and not load multiplayer game lists
- Exit out of game back to dashboard, and see that I need to re-sign into Live
- Re-enter game, now I can join multiplayer games, and play online in random games, however, I still appear offline to my people on my friends list
- If I want to play w/people on my friends list, I need to exit the game, sign out, re-sign in and restart live again

Nothing else on my network has a problem connecting to the internet, including my laptops, Wii, DS, PSP, PS2. Additionally, when I run the 360 "test connection" option, everything comes out fine.

I have called Xbox customer service several times about this, nothing resolved...ever.

Who do I contact to resolve this problem? This is really starting to make me mad.

O-yeah and sometimes I get kicked off live and my xbox tells me that I am kicked off b/c someone else signed into my account - this should not be possible, as I don't have my account on any other box, nor have I shared my login info.

I would be happy to provide a video of all this crap if wanted.

Whew....

Why are we being charged for avatars and wallpapers, especially those of us who have Gold memberships?

Why don't Gold members get more perks, like free content, especially since Xbox Live is peer to peer and doesn't use dedicated servers.

bread's done
Back