Major Richard Winters passes away. cod 2

5of9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
Dick Winters Passed away this week. The HBO series Band Of Brothers was based on his unit.

More importantly for us gaming geeks who played Call Of Duty 2, The first mission where you land on D-Day and Find the Fake Nazi guns. That mission was based on the events of his unit that day. There's an unlockable interview with him in the game that details how much the mission mirrored what he and his unit went through.

A quote atributed to him when asked if he was a Hero he said "No, but i served with Heroes"

Rest In Peace Soldier.

I watch Band Of Brothers at least once and year and have his book, Beyond Band of Brothers.
Major Winters was a true hero and a gifted leader. He will be missed.

One of our local talk shows had Babe Heffron in a while back to talk about his experiences (he was part of the group Band of Brothers was based on as well). Powerful stuff what these men went through and I *highly* recommend Band of Brothers for anyone who hasn't seen it.

I randomly found out that he lived in a retirement home one of my friends' dads ran in the Hershey area. A man who lived through so much just living a normal life around me was crazy.

This guy is a huge personal hero of mine. A soldier with a brain who showed some true grit, tactical brilliance, and excellent leadership skills.

bread's done
Back