Major rip off of "Battle royale"

assasin4hire

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I was looking on WWE's website and noticed they where advertising a movie called "Condemed". It had stone cold on the cover so i figured it had to be fuckin awesome. I watched the trailer and the movie is SLIGHTLY different from battle royale. Instead of the movie being about 9th graders its about crminals....Such a fuckin rip-off

[quote name='assasin4hire']I was looking on WWE's website and noticed they where advertising a movie called "Condemed". It had stone cold on the cover so i figured it had to be fuckin awesome. I watched the trailer and the movie is SLIGHTLY different from battle royale. Instead of the movie being about 9th graders its about crminals....Such a fuckin rip-off[/QUOTE]

The problems with this post are highlighted above.

And it's a bit different with criminals than ninth graders. No one in the US would care if a movie where criminals were killing each other was released in theaters, but there would be a bitchfest if something like Battle Royale were widely released here.

[quote name='2Fast']...which is sort of a rip-off of The Running Man.[/QUOTE]
...which is sorta a rip-off of Batman Returns

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']...Which are all a rip-off of "The Most Dangerous Game"[/quote]

Which was a fantastic read.

Don't forget Lord of the Flies, too, as long as we're citing Battle Royale influences.

[quote name='whoknows']...which is sorta a rip-off of Batman Returns[/quote]

Unless you were joking (my sarcasm detector is broken) Batman Returns came out nearly 10 years after The Running Man.

I never understood that. They can have vending machines with panties worn by school girls but they cant show two peoples uglies bumpin. It's madness!

I think I heard a while back they were going to try to make a USA version of Battle Royale. I have no idea how they could pull it off but that for sure would be a rip off.

Oh and Battle Royale ripped off WWF's Royal Rumble so it evens out.

[quote name='KingDox']I think I heard a while back they were going to try to make a USA version of Battle Royale. I have no idea how they could pull it off but that for sure would be a rip off.

Oh and Battle Royale ripped off WWF's Royal Rumble so it evens out.[/QUOTE]

It IS coming unfortunately. New Line Cinema is remaking it.

[quote name='Sarang01']It IS coming unfortunately. New Line Cinema is remaking it.[/QUOTE]

Dear God we all know it will suck yet it will do at least $100 million at the box office. :cry:

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']...Which are all a rip-off of "The Most Dangerous Game"[/QUOTE]

...which are rip-offs of the Vietnam war, and a short story about a man hunting another man in the jungle which name eludes me atm.

[quote name='CitizenB']...which are rip-offs of the Vietnam war, and a short story about a man hunting another man in the jungle which name eludes me atm.[/quote]The Most Dangerous Game is the name of the short story.

bread's done
Back