Major Xbox Announcement on Tues. June 5th

deadite76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was speaking with Aaron Greenberg from the Xbox team over IM this weekend. He is in New York for the Pac-Man World Championships on Tuesday. What was interesting about the conversation was that Aaron mentioned that not only will the original creator of Pac-Man be in attendance at the event to crown the world champ, but that a major surprise announcement will take place at the event. He said “we have a secret unveil for gamers around the world that I think will go down in video game history.” He would not tell me anymore than that, but sounds like the guys at Xbox have something pretty big up their sleeves that we will learn about shortly.

http://www.gamertagradio.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?p=24916

"We have a secret unveil for gamers around the world that I think will go down in video game history" is a bold statement. I wonder what it is?

[quote name='Chacrana']It's gonna be Metal Gear Solid 4. It always is.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's going to be MGS4 becoming a 360 exclusive, I don't know how that would go down in gaming history.

[quote name='Sporadic']Unless it's going to be MGS4 becoming a 360 exclusive, I don't know how that would go down in gaming history.[/quote]

Seeing as how its been in development for the PS3 for over a year or two now, that would just be a waste to not finish the game on the PS3. MS would have to pony up A LOT of money to just have them cancel a game that far in development...

It's probably going to be something stupid like they'll unveil sales figures and how they've had strong sales or something that no one else besides the suits and ties care about.

Maybe even that stupid shit Joystiq reported, that there's going to be CMT and LOGO content.

Regardless of what it is, I guarentee you it'll be something that the average Joe Gamer won't give a shit about.

I'm skeptical. I doubt it will be something that goes down in videogame history. If its at a Namco event, expect it to relate to Namco and X360...wait, what if MS bough Namco!?

I'm betting it will be nothing short of underwhelming, especially if it's mentioned so close to the announcement date and, if nothing else, was revealed not to video game sites but to someone over instant messaging. :lol:

Of course, it could be earthshattering and I'd zip my mouth.

Supposedly, it's a Pac-Man related announcement and it won't be huge, but cool.

I'll have to go with a Pac-Man Pinata download for Viva Pinata if that's the case.

[quote name='SithFran']Phantom? What? I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

phantom was a rumoured that it was a gaming system that needed no cds or carts..all the games were going to be online for DL and they said they had a huge support for it..but when the release was upon us...it was canceled and never seen again. if you go to youtube or gametrailers and type in 10 worst systems of all time..they will give you insight about it.

More random possibilities:

- Halo 3 beta becomes public for the remaining days of its' life for all XBL Gold members (That'd be sweet)

- Free Pac-Man theme

- 20 gb HDD and Wireless adapter price drops (No core or premium drops mentioned)

- Duke Nukem Forever confirmed for XBox 1080 (2 generations to go)

- 360 Motion Sensing Controllers for $70

- a 360-themed Pac-Man game on XBLA (Ghosts are PS3's/Wiis)

[quote name='mykevermin']I bet they announce that they sold a 360 in Japan.

Bank on it.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

I'd love for it to be a price cut, but I won't even waste the energy of crossing my fingers on that pipe dream.

[quote name='mykevermin']I bet they announce that they sold a 360 in Japan.

Bank on it.[/quote]

I already called that. But that was to a friend. Not online. Anyway, my true guess is that it will be dates for games and my summer and grades will be consumed by said games.

It'll probably be Pacman related, given where the announcement is being made. Therefore, no one but Pacman nerds will care.

[quote name='KingBroly']Supposedly, it's a Pac-Man related announcement and it won't be huge, but cool.

I'll have to go with a Pac-Man Pinata download for Viva Pinata if that's the case.[/quote]

As far as I know, Rareware has no relations with Namco, so that would be impossible.

Mayb perhaps it could be Pac-Man Jr. on XBLA, or some ultimate-mecha Pac-Man compilation released as a budget-title. Or, a Pac-Man themed 360, releaased in limited quantities!

Pac-Man will eat Major Nelson alive in front of a studio audience. And the video will be available for download on the marketplace.

Or maybe a free copy of PacMan vs.?

I predict that they'll announce that Halo 3 will be half of a game (just like Halo 2 was) and that Halo 4 will come out 2 weeks after Halo 3. Plus in order to play multiplayer on Halo 4 you'll have to buy 20 dollars worth of DLC.

[quote name='integralsmatic']phantom was a rumoured that it was a gaming system that needed no cds or carts..all the games were going to be online for DL and they said they had a huge support for it..but when the release was upon us...it was canceled and never seen again. if you go to youtube or gametrailers and type in 10 worst systems of all time..they will give you insight about it.[/QUOTE]
I also don't get it, not because I don't know what the Phantom is (I do), but because what Strell said makes no sense. I don't get how that's a joke.

Anyways, I'm curious, but I'll just wait, instead of making nonsense guesses.

[quote name='sonicfreak5']tekken 360, remember who said it first, i think i hit the nail on the head.[/quote]

My girlfriend was disappointed that i bought a 360 instead of a PS3...this would shut her up :p

I remember playing the Phantom at E3 a few years back. Basically it was just playing computer games on your TV as it was supposed to come with a keyboard and a controller.

[quote name='ZForce915']
Or maybe a free copy of PacMan vs.?[/QUOTE]

This was what I was thinking... online PacMan Vs., or something to that effect. No reason they couldn't do the same thing they did with the DS-GCN connectivity.

[quote name='freestyledust77']How about a warhammer, hellgate london, or better yet...timecrisis w/ a wireless gun! Just a guess![/quote]

On a non-sony system?

But dear god, do you realize how AWESOME Time Crisis with a wireless gun (that has kickback) would be!??!>?!!

bread's done
Back