Making animated gifs

DrunkTigerWoods

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (92%)
I was making animated gifs with adobe imageready cs but they come out too slow. I couldn’t figure out how to speed it up and I cant find guides on it either. Any help would be appreciated.

You're supposed to edit every frame to show for so many miliseconds. Remember that 1000 ms = 1 Second. 1000/x = miliseconds to show a frame, where x = frame rate.

I used to make them all the time. I came to learn that different browsers/image viewers will display them at different speeds. Trying looking at it in (assuming you have XP) Windows image viewer, Internet Explorer, even Windows Media Player. It sucks, I never learned how to get around it.

I've had good luck when working with Animation Shop (used to come with old versions of Paint Shop Pro). If you wanted to post the gif file, I'd be willing to take a look at it in Animation Shop to see if I can help you out.

Make sure you're not making too small of movements over a long period of time...

Use tweening...set your first frame's possition, then create a second frame with it's final possition and then \use tweening between the first and last frame however many you want. the result should be a smooth transition between the two endpoints.

the farther the movement over a short amount of frames will produce a faster animation.

Remember, you're not going for 30fps...this is an animated gif...it should be fast.

bread's done
Back