Man I messed up.. (Burned a hole in my passenger seat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhrostByte

CAG Newbie
So.. I found this iPod in an empty lecture hall today and I was kind of messing with it on my commute home, unfortunately I was also smoking a cigarette. Anyway, I was ashing out the sun roof and accidentally hit the edge of the sun roof. The lit ash landed on my passenger seat. :( I have a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX :( You can tell.. I haven't taken a picture of it but I have this one that I stole from eBay..

f70212kj5.jpg

I'd say I did a mild level of damage.. I caught the ash within a second or two but it definitely burned through the cover exposing the foam... I'm trying to figure out a cheap way to fix it but I can't really think of anything that isn't overly risky. I was thinking about cutting a section out from under the seat and trying to sew it into the hole but I don't want to ruin the bottom of the seat...

opinions?

Man the local Subaru dealership wants like another $325 for the seat cover.. I was thinking maybe an under $30 type of job?

Call some local junkyards. If they have any totalled out cars that are the same make and model as yours, you can get parts off them. I've done this to replace a broken tail light before and its much cheaper.

You're shit out of luck, unless you get something that'll clean the black shit off the burnt area... or just sew the piece from under the seat? I don't know, man.

Or yeah, the junk yards... might be hard to find a Subaru though. ;)

[quote name='PhrostByte']Man the local Subaru dealership wants like another $325 for the seat cover.. I was thinking maybe an under $30 type of job?[/quote]

Sell the iPod you found?

~HotShotX

Another idea I had was maybe getting some leather and sewing it over the part on both the front seats.. I don't think I like the seat cover idea. My seats were so sweet before I destroyed one. :(

Hate to break it to you, but you /SMOKE IN YOUR CAR./

I doubt anyone with a sense of smell will look at the seat and think the burn is what is preventing it from being a sweet ride.

Another smoker who doesn't mind the smoke smell, will probably look at the burn and take it in stride.

[quote name='Gourd']Hate to break it to you, but you /SMOKE IN YOUR CAR./

I doubt anyone with a sense of smell will look at the seat and think the burn is what is preventing it from being a sweet ride.

Another smoker who doesn't mind the smoke smell, will probably look at the burn and take it in stride.[/quote]

I rarely smoke in my car... I rarely smoke at all. But this one time, tragedy occurred. :(

I always give my car time to air out too... I like it to smell nice, I buy air fresheners for it.

You can buy another cover, or buy another seat.

Or you can buy aftermarket seat covers.

Those are the only two options if you don't want the end result to be worse than it is now.

Maybe if you had tried to return the iPod to the person who lost it, this wouldn't have happened.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']You can buy another cover, or buy another seat.

Or you can buy aftermarket seat covers.

Those are the only two options if you don't want the end result to be worse than it is now.[/quote]

You don't think any professional upholstery work would be worth looking into?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Sounds like karma's out to get you for stealing someone's iPod. Also, DON'T SMOKE, dummy.[/quote]

I didn't steal it. Thanks for the constructive comment. :roll:

[quote name='PhrostByte']You don't think any professional upholstery work would be worth looking into?[/QUOTE]

You might as well start searching the junkyards for replacement seats. Will probably run about the same.

Unless you're really good, don't try sewing it yourself, especially if you care that much about how it looks. Sewing leather is one huge pain and really tough.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I didn't steal it. Thanks for the constructive comment. :roll:[/QUOTE]
It wasn't yours, and yet you kept it. Sounds like stealing to me, when the true owner is obviously somebody that has class in that lecture hall. Should be pretty easy to find them if you made even the smallest attempt.

How's that for constructive?

I worked at a aftermarket store in ohio and we replaced factory seats with leather seats. we had dozens of factory seat covers laying around, so you could check local aftermarket shops you might get lucky.

Keep an eye on ebay a set of factory front seat covers ended for a 07 wrx without a bid with a starting price of 19.99.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']It wasn't yours, and yet you kept it. Sounds like stealing to me, when the true owner is obviously somebody that has class in that lecture hall. Should be pretty easy to find them if you made even the smallest attempt.

How's that for constructive?[/quote]

I don't want to take the chance of someone falsely claiming it's theirs.

Oh and another thing.. I have a class right before that one.. Why should I take time out of my schedule for someone else's fuck up? If they had come to look for it.. that would be a different story, I'd most likely give it back. :)

oh that's nothing compared to what I did to my car 2 hrs ago :( at least with yours you can barely see it vs the damage on mine :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']oh that's nothing compared to what I did to my car 2 hrs ago :( at least with yours you can barely see it vs the damage on mine :([/quote]

Do tell.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I don't want to take the chance of someone falsely claiming it's theirs.

Oh and another thing.. I have a class right before that one.. Why should I take time out of my schedule for someone else's fuck up? If they had come to look for it.. that would be a different story, I'd most likely give it back. :)[/QUOTE]
It's pretty easy to ID an iPod, since the owner should know what kind of music they have on it. If this was your iPod that was lost, wouldn't you want the person who found it to try to find you too? All you'd have to do is talk to the professors who have classes before yours, and have them ask their students. Easy!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']It's pretty easy to ID an iPod, since the owner should know what kind of music they have on it. If this was your iPod that was lost, wouldn't you want the person who found it to try to find you too? All you'd have to do is talk to the professors who have classes before yours, and have them ask their students. Easy![/QUOTE]

Or post a notice on the board. They should be able to identify it pretty easy.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Also, DON'T SMOKE, dummy.[/QUOTE]He was defending using heroin in an earlier thread. I don't think reason and logic work on him.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Do tell.[/quote]

You want me to tell you or show you? it's already dark and the flash would wash out the image of the damage. Wait til tomorrow afternoon when I get back from work.

:(

[quote name='Liquid 2']He was defending using heroin in an earlier thread. I don't think reason and logic work on him.[/quote]I was going to post the "don't smoke" line, but if thats the case, i'm glad i didn't bother.:roll:

[quote name='PhrostByte']I don't want to take the chance of someone falsely claiming it's theirs.

Oh and another thing.. I have a class right before that one.. Why should I take time out of my schedule for someone else's fuck up? If they had come to look for it.. that would be a different story, I'd most likely give it back. :)[/quote]

WEAK EXCUSES.

[quote name='Liquid 2']He was defending using heroin in an earlier thread. I don't think reason and logic work on him.[/QUOTE]
Wow, between that and stealing an iPod, I'm sorry the damage to his car wasn't greater.

You're a fucking retard, you know that?
84a890d1237a3d36b102a8885086ccfb_TheyTookOurJobs.flv.large.jpg

Not only do you defend the usage of heroin, you stole someone's iPod. You should be banned just because we don't need any more stupidity on this board.

[quote name='Liquid 2']He was defending using heroin in an earlier thread. I don't think reason and logic work on him.[/quote]

#-o#-o#-o#-o#-o#-o#-o

Oh my. This guy isn't too bright, is he?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']It's pretty easy to ID an iPod, since the owner should know what kind of music they have on it. If this was your iPod that was lost, wouldn't you want the person who found it to try to find you too? All you'd have to do is talk to the professors who have classes before yours, and have them ask their students. Easy![/quote]

Yeah, unfortunately there's no music on it.. it looks new too.

[quote name='Liquid 2']He was defending using heroin in an earlier thread. I don't think reason and logic work on him.[/quote]

I figured this thread would quickly evolve into a string of character attacks.. alright, I guess I should have left out the story of how I got it. So, unless you have something substantial to add to the conversation, just move on to the next one please.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah, unfortunately there's no music on it.. it looks new too.[/QUOTE]
Why would someone carry a brand new iPod around with them if they couldn't use it for its designated purpose? Furthermore, what would there be to "mess around with" if it had no music on it? Here's a "character attack" for you - you're a wretched, dishonest person.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Why would someone carry a brand new iPod around with them if they couldn't use it for its designated purpose? You're a wretched, dishonest person.[/quote]

Did you not read the post above yours? I don't know why people do the things they do.. but there's nothing to be dishonest about in this situation. Someone lost an iPod, I found it.. that was merely the premise to the rest of the story.. Once again, if you don't have anything to contribute, move on please.

[quote name='ITDEFX']You want me to tell you or show you? it's already dark and the flash would wash out the image of the damage. Wait til tomorrow afternoon when I get back from work.

:([/quote]

Yeah, post pictures here tomorrow.. I'd like to take a look.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Did you not read the post above yours? I don't know why people do the things they do.. but there's nothing to be dishonest about in this situation. Someone lost an iPod, I found it.. that was merely the premise to the rest of the story.. Once again, if you don't have anything to contribute, move on please.[/QUOTE]

When you find a lost item, you don't take it home with you and use it, dumbass. You return it to a Lost and Found or a front desk or to a teacher, as you were in a lecture hall.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']When you find a lost item, you don't take it home with you, dumbass. You return it to a Lost and Found or a front desk or to a teacher, as you were in a lecture hall.[/quote]

That's what you do, not what I do. This is going to be my last reply to all messages regarding the iPod. When I lose things, I just remember to be more careful next time and let it go.. I've never gotten anything back that I've lost and I figure that's a good thing, that way I learn to not lose things. I haven't lost anything in a while...

[quote name='AngellicLulu']cheapest fix is getting a seat cover... but you already axed that idea.[/quote]

At this point in time.. it's not out the question, more like a last resort. I like my seats and if I can't fix it for a decent price, I probably will end up getting some sort of cover.

[quote name='PhrostByte']That's what you do, not what I do. This is going to be my last reply to all messages regarding the iPod. When I lose things, I just remember to be more careful next time and let it go.. I've never gotten anything back that I've lost and I figure that's a good thing, that way I learn to not lose things. I haven't lost anything in a while...[/QUOTE]

Are you on drugs?

....Nevermind that I asked that. :wall: I hope you someday get arrested and jailed for stealing, douchetard.

[quote name='Jobbercho']Tape the iPod over the hole. Hopefully somebody will come along and bust your window out to get it, douche.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

I was sort of hoping for a car fire, but yours is more creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back