Mana Khemia LE Box Preorder @ NISA

[quote name='LostRoad']Not trying to change the subject at all. Just saying flat out no one cares why you arn't getting it. Ok it sucks, great wonderful, it was worth posting about? A lot of people won't be buying the print. Sounds to me like you missed out on the deal, and for some reason needed to come here, and piss and moan on how it is shit, and the only real reason I am seeing is cause you couldn't get on it.:roll:[/quote]

That I posted about the print being ugly only because I didn't get in on the LE deal is only your stupid assumption. Countless people post their negative opinions on all kinds of things here and I don't see you criticizing them over it. For some reason you and another felt it necessary to respond harshly to mine. Whatever. Don't think you got to me. I've come to expect this sort of behavior from this place, considering it's mostly populated by kids. I wonder if your mommy and daddy know that you use your computer to bait and provoke others over the internet. I'm sure they'd be proud... Anyway, I'm not continuing this anymore.

Can we stick to the topic, please? :)

For those who missed the LE box preorder. Tough luck. It's sold out. Period. NISA is not going to make more. They officially stated in a recent email it's sold out and only the regular (premium box) version is available for preorder. If anyone really wants the LE, try it on ebay and on the trade forum at the end of March when people start to flip their preorders or have buyers remorse after ordering on impulse.

As for the ugly print, it's up to NISA to set their own price and no one has to buy it. It's the same reason some people mark up the prices of their RAREZ finds on Amazon marketplace or ebay. If you don't agree with the price, leave it and move on :)

Is this game going to be in stores too? I want to pick it up there, skip the $6 shipping if possible. I finally get the money to buy the LE and they are out of stock. Oh well.

Figured I'd throw out there that Mana Khemia 2 was announced for japan a couple weeks ago. It's Atelier Project 10 and looks to be for the Playstation 2. I doubt we'll see it here in the states unless Mana Khemia is a hit in the niche crowd.

Scan: http://i25.tinypic.com/ao25as.jpg

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc2ufo2yMiM[/media]

In a couple of weeks, I'm definitely getting this. What is killing me is the fact I don't know the exact date that I'm getting it.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'm enjoying it![/quote]

Same, but I'm also a fan of GUST games.

Anyways, if you're playing on a 20/60GB PS3 and encounter save corruption like Ar Tonelico had with the 20/60GB PS3, I'd like to know. Apparently it was a problem on Japanese consoles, but of course there's a way around it like in Ar Tonelico.

You guys also got the game case packaging with the front cover art being sideways like Brave Story? I like how it has the European style ERSB rating box still on it.

[quote name='Derrick1979']You guys also got the game case packaging with the front cover art being sideways like Brave Story? I like how it has the European style ERSB rating box still on it.[/quote]

Not mine. Weird. Mine is covered in tenticle rape hentai. I like my cover more though, so it is ok. ;)

I like the game so far. It is odd and I don't totally understand all the ins and outs yet, but I am getting it.

Here's a little google spreadsheet to help with synthesis if you want. I had alphabetized it for those who have the Mana Khemia Guide and don't want to flip through pages looking up item elements while synthesizing. May add more info to it later for obtaining post-synthesis attributes.

Keeping it as public for now but I'd rather keep it off of sites like GameFAQs. If I find it there chances are I'll make it private and if people here still want to view it, then I'll allow certain people access.

I recently beat this game and I have to say it is a huge disappointment. Too many flaws that make video game experience very boring and redundant by doing the same task over and over again. If you thought the previous Atelier Iris series was repetitive? It pales in comparison to this game.

In a traditional rpg when you defeat an enemy you net some experience points. Eventually you will level up and get stronger by improving your overall stats. In this case it is different, instead it use a point distribution grid like Final Fantasy X with a Atelier Iris twist on it. When you defeat an enemy it will net you some ap point (similar to FFX) then you can distribute these points to improve your stats or unlock new skills. If you want to unlock more grids, you have to use the power of alchemy to fuse items to unlock more grids. In order to fuse these items you need to find recipes that are in found in shops, stores , story mission or job quest. The problem there isn't enough grids to power up your characters. Even if you unlock all the possible grids available, your character is barely strong enough to fend against boss for that chapter. That means your force to gain those ap, search every nook and cranny for those recipes and find the necessary ingredients to unlock more grids.

I won't even mention the other repetitive task like job quests, item farming for ingrediants, classes and character relationships. There are other problems with this game like slow and weak story line and reallly long learning curve. The only great part about this game is battle mechanics. I guess that lack of grids adds a bit of strategy. And the battle is fast and engaging.

Right now, I'm forcing myself (like what I did with Growlanser Heritage of War) and beat this game 8 times for all character endings.

I think I missing a receipe for the main character, he is still using the first weapon receipes. My doublejump is pretty bad. They don't tell where the item chests are since the guide book is so small. I need a normal size guide for once. argh....I hate missing items, my characters are underpowered.

[quote name='fatbeer']I recently beat this game and I have to say it is a huge disappointment. Too many flaws that make video game experience very boring and redundant by doing the same task over and over again. If you thought the previous Atelier Iris series was repetitive? It pales in comparison to this game.

In a traditional rpg when you defeat an enemy you net some experience points. Eventually you will level up and get stronger by improving your overall stats. In this case it is different, instead it use a point distribution grid like Final Fantasy X with a Atelier Iris twist on it. When you defeat an enemy it will net you some ap point (similar to FFX) then you can distribute these points to improve your stats or unlock new skills. If you want to unlock more grids, you have to use the power of alchemy to fuse items to unlock more grids. In order to fuse these items you need to find recipes that are in found in shops, stores , story mission or job quest. The problem there isn't enough grids to power up your characters. Even if you unlock all the possible grids available, your character is barely strong enough to fend against boss for that chapter. That means your force to gain those ap, search every nook and cranny for those recipes and find the necessary ingredients to unlock more grids.

I won't even mention the other repetitive task like job quests, item farming for ingrediants, classes and character relationships. There are other problems with this game like slow and weak story line and reallly long learning curve. The only great part about this game is battle mechanics. I guess that lack of grids adds a bit of strategy. And the battle is fast and engaging.

Right now, I'm forcing myself (like what I did with Growlanser Heritage of War) and beat this game 8 times for all character endings.[/quote]

Your points are well taken, although some of the things you gripe about in this game are the things I enjoy with it and everyone will have different tastes. I kinda like how you do not gain EXP and levels in the traditional way. It adds strategy to the old turnbased formula instead of just hitting the command button and waiting.
I don't know I was pretty dissapointed with Atelier Iris 3 even though I never finished it but this seems like they took the same idea with this game and made the A3 formula better... lol maybe over at NIS they had the idea bulb pop up and they said they are so close to making something new and they contacted Gust to take A3 and toss it in the Alchemy pot and see what comes out.

Overall im happy with this game.

Is there a non-google version? I don't a google e-mail account. :roll:

[quote name='Draekon']Here's a little google spreadsheet to help with synthesis if you want. I had alphabetized it for those who have the Mana Khemia Guide and don't want to flip through pages looking up item elements while synthesizing. May add more info to it later for obtaining post-synthesis attributes.

Keeping it as public for now but I'd rather keep it off of sites like GameFAQs. If I find it there chances are I'll make it private and if people here still want to view it, then I'll allow certain people access.[/quote]

I recently beat this game and I have to say it is a huge disappointment. Too many flaws that make video game experience very boring and redundant by doing the same task over and over again. If you thought the previous Atelier Iris series was repetitive? It pales in comparison to this game.

Right now, I'm forcing myself (like what I did with Growlanser Heritage of War) and beat this game 8 times for all character endings.

I think I missing a receipe for the main character, he is still using the first weapon receipes. My doublejump is pretty bad. They don't tell where the item chests are since the guide book is so small. I need a normal size guide for once. argh....I hate missing items, my characters are underpowered.

[quote name='fatbeer']I recently beat this game and I have to say it is a huge disappointment. Too many flaws that make video game experience very boring and redundant by doing the same task over and over again. If you thought the previous Atelier Iris series was repetitive? It pales in comparison to this game.

Right now, I'm forcing myself (like what I did with Growlanser Heritage of War) and beat this game 8 times for all character endings.[/quote]

Your points are well taken, although some of the things you gripe about in this game are the things I enjoy with it and everyone will have different tastes. I kinda like how you do not gain EXP and levels in the traditional way. It adds strategy to the old turnbased formula instead of just hitting the command button and waiting.
I don't know I was pretty dissapointed with Atelier Iris 3 even though I never finished it but this seems like they took the same idea with this game and made the A3 formula better... lol maybe over at NIS they had the idea bulb pop up and they said they are so close to making something new and they contacted Gust to take A3 and toss it in the Alchemy pot and see what comes out.

Overall im happy with this game.

Is there a non-google version? I don't a google e-mail account. :roll:

[quote name='Draekon']Here's a little google spreadsheet to help with synthesis if you want. I had alphabetized it for those who have the Mana Khemia Guide and don't want to flip through pages looking up item elements while synthesizing. May add more info to it later for obtaining post-synthesis attributes.

Keeping it as public for now but I'd rather keep it off of sites like GameFAQs. If I find it there chances are I'll make it private and if people here still want to view it, then I'll allow certain people access.[/quote]

[quote name='hero101']Is there a non-google version? I don't a google e-mail account. :roll:[/quote]

I can throw up a rar'd Microsoft Excel sheet later after I add in a couple things later as it'll be easy to copy/paste. Shouldn't be more than a day or two.

The card background colors on each item you use in non-equipment synthesis is the individual ingredient element. Which is even easier than using that spreadsheet. (Item location for ingredients are also in there and will be adding in Ether effects)

[quote name='hero101']I think I missing a receipe for the main character, he is still using the first weapon receipes. My doublejump is pretty bad. They don't tell where the item chests are since the guide book is so small. I need a normal size guide for once. argh....I hate missing items, my characters are underpowered.[/QUOTE]

That's how Doublejump make their guides -lack of organization, small guide with bad spines, no maps and tons of filler pages that make the book look good. The one good part is how they cover the extra content and for most part, all their games they cover have good amount of extra content. In my opinion I think Doublejump is the most overrated guide and Versus is the amount under appreciated guide. Versus put all the works in one book- the extras, good walk through from a gamer's perspective, very well organized and it always comes with a sweet poster. I wished one of Prima staff covered this game because the Atelier Iris 2 guide was a great guide.

Recipes are really simple-you can find the loose ones from shops after each chapter, job quests, main storyline, dungeon chests or secret fusion items. To unlock some of secret recipe when you advance further in the game, you will see a light bulb near the item creation indicating there is secret fusion or a character image that will indicate a event sequence along with new recipe. If you want to unlock secret recipe early, just constantly swap the first ingredient with something else(the other slots just modify the stats of one item). This process can be very repetitive, but it keep you character's in tip-top shape.

For most part, if your missing several ingredients for a recipe you have to wait for next chapter. New dungeons or shopkeepers will have the nesscary items to fill the missing blanks.

[quote name='Draekon']Same, but I'm also a fan of GUST games.

Anyways, if you're playing on a 20/60GB PS3 and encounter save corruption like Ar Tonelico had with the 20/60GB PS3, I'd like to know. Apparently it was a problem on Japanese consoles, but of course there's a way around it like in Ar Tonelico.[/QUOTE]

Same shit happen to me a well, the PS3 corrupt my data for over 5 times. Luckily, none of that bs occur on main menu or say bye-bye to all that hard work. I eventually got fed up with this stuff and switch back to ps2.

[quote name='Draekon']I can throw up a rar'd Microsoft Excel sheet later after I add in a couple things later as it'll be easy to copy/paste. Shouldn't be more than a day or two.

The card background colors on each item you use in non-equipment synthesis is the individual ingredient element. Which is even easier than using that spreadsheet. (Item location for ingredients are also in there and will be adding in Ether effects)[/QUOTE]

I was think of making my own guide on Wikicheats with organize item sheet and put up maps with item location, but I don't want to spend the time and effort learning their programing coding. It seem long and complicated process.

Does anyone have a problem with slowdown. I have a slim ps2. Everytime I get to a certain place where there are lot of monsters onscreen (blue slime/ red slime), my game starts lagging.

[quote name='hero101']Does anyone have a problem with slowdown. I have a slim ps2. Everytime I get to a certain place where there are lot of monsters onscreen (blue slime/ red slime), my game starts lagging.[/quote]

My friend and I both get it in specific areas on our 60GB PS3's but I've never really noticed from too many mobs.

[quote name='hero101']Does anyone have a problem with slowdown. I have a slim ps2. Everytime I get to a certain place where there are lot of monsters onscreen (blue slime/ red slime), my game starts lagging.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong with your system. I play this game on both fat ps2 and 20GB ps3 and I have experience slowdowns on both system. Other people on various message boards are complaining the same problem, slowdown on areas that are loaded with monsters. I can't believe a game looking like this have slowdown problems while God of War 2 doesn't. Of course, games like God of War 2 and Grand Theft have very few loading times because they use a lot of in game loading.

I have finally reached the bonus dungeon on second cycle and I have to say the monsters there are super tough. All the monster are modify version of normal monsters with more kick in their stats. God, I hate this piece of shit Doublejump guide. It can't even cover the bonus dungeon as throughly as I like. They don't show the step by step process to modify ultimate weapons, so you have to figure that stuff by yourself. And wtf, are they that lazy? What happen to boss strategies? Out of all the bosses out there you expect them to cover the strongest and toughest ones.

The game is getting better. I'm getting more and more recipes. I don't mind the slowdown. I'm also playing the game with original japanese voices and english subtitles. I finished filled out some of the glowbook. And my characters finally have some good skills except for that cat girl.

Edit: I'm in that haunted library scene. Some guy got kidnapped. The doublejump guide is really bad. They're totally missing details. No maps, no glowbook skill map insert, and no item locations. A item list for every areas would be useful but they didn't do that either. They summed up a particular area in a paragraph. ARghhhhh.....

[quote name='hero101']The game is getting better. I'm getting more and more recipes. I don't mind the slowdown. I'm also playing the game with original japanese voices and english subtitles. I finished filled out some of the glowbook. And my characters finally have some good skills except for that cat girl.

Edit: I'm in that haunted library scene. Some guy got kidnapped. The doublejump guide is really bad. They're totally missing details. No maps, no glowbook skill map insert, and no item locations. A item list for every areas would be useful but they didn't do that either. They summed up a particular area in a paragraph. ARghhhhh.....[/quote]

So, the guide is worthless then, I take it? I have one on order at Amazon because I wanted to check out how doublejumpbooks does their guides, but as I'm not a guide collector, I'll cancel it if there's no reason to own one.

As for me, I haven't opened my copy yet. I wanted to beat Atelier Iris 2 and 3 first before I started this, and I'm currently playing AI3, Chapter 5, 13:05 elapsed.

If anyone wants, I got bored and did up everyones Grow Book:

Vayne - http://images.draekon.com/mk/Vayne.gif
Jess - http://images.draekon.com/mk/Jess.gif
Nikki - http://images.draekon.com/mk/Nikki.gif
Pamela - http://images.draekon.com/mk/Pamela.gif
Flay - http://images.draekon.com/mk/Flay.gif
Roxis - http://images.draekon.com/mk/Roxis.gif
Anna - http://images.draekon.com/mk/Anna.gif
Muppy - http://images.draekon.com/mk/Muppy.gif

The excel sheet I mentioned earlier may not get done. I had got through most of it, saved it, and then rebooted my computer. When I came back the entire file was missing (Recovery is turned off) and I haven't had much motivation to start it again.

How many endings are in this game? Is it worth it to beat this game more than once for different endings? Thanks.

[quote name='hero101']How many endings are in this game? Is it worth it to beat this game more than once for different endings? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

8 character ending

No. You have to create multiple save slots before the final chapter with character relationships near max. That's not the annoying part. You have to undergo tremendous cut scenes along with 6 boss fights for one ending. If your go for 8 ending, you have to beat 48 bosses. Just save your time and focus on one.

http://youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2E58D53C8681A61B

bread's done
Back