Many PSP RPG's down to $10 new/$9 used at Gamestop

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Note that most likely the new copies in-store are going to be guts so if that angers you then this isn't for you. Most of these aren't available online but should be available for in-store pickup.

Tactics Ogre
http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/tactics-ogre-let-us-cling-together/78582

The 3rd Birthday (should come w/PSN code to download Ada's outfit for Lightning in Dissidia 2)
http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/the-3rd-birthday/84564

Lord of Arcana
http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/lord-of-arcana/78403

Knights in the Nightmare (should come w/PSN code for Yggdra Union)
http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/knights-in-the-nightmare/84158

Half Minute Hero (DLC code appears to be $10 also, disc may have to be looked up manually in-store)
http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/half-minute-hero-dlc/75585

What Did I Do to Deserve This My Lord 2
http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/what-did-i-do-to-deserve-this-my-lord-2/77248

Jikandia: The Timeless Land
http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/jikandia-the-timeless-land/89616

Final Fantasy 1 (online only price)
http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/final-fantasy-i/65675

Saw a bunch of these last night, picked up Parasite Eve 3 as part of a b2g1free purchase. Was going to post this myself, but just the same, good job OP.

Badass deals. Too bad I have pretty much all of them already. Anyone with a PSP should snap up any of these that look remotely interesting.

Guess I'll look for these instore soon, not too keen to play them now but hopefully I can transfer them over to the Vita.

[quote name='coolz481']Hmmm...I wonder if these will be new additions to the $9.99 essentials lineup soon. If so, the PSN prices will get adjusted soon. Thanks for the heads up, OP.[/QUOTE]

I hope so. As much as I far prefer physical copies, by the time I play these, I'd probably want them on my eventual Vita. :)

[quote name='Ray5555']the closest GS near me has 6 copies sealed and 1 gutted for Tactics ogre. Should I just horde them?[/QUOTE]

1. Buy one copy.
2. Play it.
3. Leave the rest of the copies for others to enjoy and hopefully spur more interest in the Tactics Ogre series.

i agree with neogutsman. but i have a good chance since where i live theres a gamestop, then there's a mall across the street with 2 more gamestops... i mainly wantknights in knightmare and tactics ogre. i also want SMT strange journey for DS and back to the future for PS3 though too. odds are good. thank god im not workin til 11:30, gonna head down there at 10am 2moro, only takes 15 min to drive down there toO! lol

Im all about RPGs for $10 or less

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a $10 off coupon (from PUR) that was about to expire, so I picked up Tactics Ogre. Thanks OP! (Wish I knew about this yesterday though; I could've at least tried to stack the B2G1 and the $10 coupon…but Tactics Ogre brand new and sealed for nothing out of pocket works for me!)

true but the amazon ones have no super saver shipping and cost $3-4 for shipping. At least when i checked last night. Tax in a store would be less money

Is b2g1 used still going on at GS right now?

Also is Lord of Arcana Slayer edition from the UK a better version? Or not worth the extra $$.

I grabbed Tactics Ogre as well. I played a bit of the original on the Wii and that was pretty fun. Thanks OP.

I was very happy when I went into Gamestop here a bit ago. They had a used copy of Knights in the Nightmare for $7.99 that had an unused Yggdra Union code. :shock: At $4 each, I certainly couldn't pass it up.

I was also reminded once again why I love having a smartphone, and will never be able to do without one.

I was very happy when I went into Gamestop here a bit ago. They had a used copy of Knights in the Nightmare for $7.99 that had an unused Yggdra Union code. :shock: At $4 each, I certainly couldn't pass it up. It also lets me keep my DS copy sealed, since I never got around to playing it on that system.

I was also reminded once again why I love having a smartphone, and will never be able to do without one.

I'm excited! They had 1 left of every game at the first GS I went to. No smt strange journey but that's ok. I got all but FF1 cuz I have it already. I lucked out big time.

[quote name='Ray5555']the closest GS near me has 6 copies sealed and 1 gutted for Tactics ogre. Should I just horde them?[/QUOTE]

No aside from this being sucky for other Cags who just want to buy the game you probably won't get much for these. PSP games don't typically go for alot unless they're rare, and these are not, and this isn't a deal it's gamestop's price so I wouldn't be surprised if these games pop up for about the same price (if they haven't already) on New Egg, Amazon, Best Buy etc.

Picked up 3rd birthday today used, it still have the slips for th Square Enix code and the outfit code, any way to test to see if they still work or not?

[quote name='KornKid91']No aside from this being sucky for other Cags who just want to buy the game you probably won't get much for these. PSP games don't typically go for alot unless they're rare, and these are not, and this isn't a deal it's gamestop's price so I wouldn't be surprised if these games pop up for about the same price (if they haven't already) on New Egg, Amazon, Best Buy etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the only games that have much value include Japanese imports, Hexyz Force, the Legend of Heroes games and Crimson Gem Saga.

[quote name='CAG90210']Picked up 3rd birthday today used, it still have the slips for th Square Enix code and the outfit code, any way to test to see if they still work or not?[/QUOTE]

Input the code on a PS3 when in the PSN Store but don't hit redeem if it still works. Should be the same on a PSP but I never go on PSN with the PSP.

isnt this sale still going on?

I would love to get Tactics ogre but with the Vita coming out...im trying to hold off on physical copies that will become useless with my vita....

I was gonna pick up Knights in the Nightmare, Tactics Ogre, and The 3rd Birthday at the GameStop I stopped by today, but they only had one copy of each, which were the display copies. Also, the display copy of Knights in the Nightmare had a broken case, and the manual and Yggdra Union download code were still inside, which had probably already been stolen and redeemed by someone.

So I ended up passing on all three. Maybe I'll stop by a different GameStop later.

I noticed shadow of destiny (the game where you have to solve your own death sorta DOA) the new ones I think are priced out at 9.99.

That was a great ps2 game. I remember it being hard to find for the ps2.

Last edited by a moderator:
well all of mine were the gutted copies except for Jikandia and they looked ok. Tactis ogre UMD case has a slight crack but plays fine and the plastic still doesnt touch the disc so all good. I dont care if the game is sealed as long as its got the book, the box, and it plays. I had to swap the New Lord of Arcana box for the used copy they had but the box looked just fine either way. I just swapped out the booklet and grabbed it. Very good deals! Also got back to the future game, last copy, for PS3 for $10. So all in all it worked out very well.

Picked up Tactics Ogre new (but gutted) and 3rd Birthday used (but it came with the code where the gutted new copy didn't - weird, not sure if it works). Looking forward to trying them.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']1. Buy one copy.
2. Play it.
3. Leave the rest of the copies for others to enjoy and hopefully spur more interest in the Tactics Ogre series.[/QUOTE]

I already own my copy. Had it since it's release earlier in the year.

anyone know if i download yggdra union to my PSP... if i can LATER download it to a PS Vita once i get one? or should I hold the code until then providing downloadable PSP games can be played on it?

Also i wonder how the whole play PS3 games on your PS Vita" thing will work.. since there's only 2 shoulder buttons on a Vita but 4 on a PS3 controller?

Tactic Orge is such a sweet price. I really shouldn't be spending money. I'm gonna risk it and wait till my next check.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']anyone know if i download yggdra union to my PSP... if i can LATER download it to a PS Vita once i get one? or should I hold the code until then providing downloadable PSP games can be played on it?

Also i wonder how the whole play PS3 games on your PS Vita" thing will work.. since there's only 2 shoulder buttons on a Vita but 4 on a PS3 controller?[/QUOTE]

From what it seems, you can download it to your Vita as long as you're using the same PSN account. And not sure about the whole shoulder button thing. From videos I saw on youtube of PS1 games being tested, it looks like the back panel can be used for shoulder. Like left top is L1 and bottom right is R2. Though the person didn't really get into it so I'm not sure if that's 100% correct how it works. It looks like that's how it is to me. idk.

3rd Birthday had been really pissing me off lately. I ended up giving it a break, and I know it will be hard as hell to pick it back up again.

[quote name='WatTsu']Picked up Tactics Ogre new (but gutted) and 3rd Birthday used (but it came with the code where the gutted new copy didn't - weird, not sure if it works). Looking forward to trying them.[/QUOTE]

If it's gutted then it isn't new, my friend. Gamestop is so hypocritical. If you open a game and try to return it, they only let you exchange it for the same game and get no refund because it is opened.

On the other hand, they are allowed to open games and sell them as new. What qualifies as "new" to them? Never being stuck in a gaming machine? Sure, but they can smudge up the game disc with their greasy ass hands, but because they didn't insert the disc into a machine it's still brand new!

I hate that company.

Best way to get Gamestop to stop those practices is by refusing to buy gutted copies. I have never bought any gutted copy of a game and never will (if I am forced to chose, I chose used over gutted every time). Even their own employees know it sucks a hard dick and they themselves don't buy gutted copies (heard it from several employees). Once corporate realizes that no one wants to buy "new" copies that are indistinguishable from used copies, they will stop forcing stores to do that.

Anyone submit this to Amazon yet? If Amazon lowers it to $9.99 I'll buy it. I called my local Gamestop and they were out of Tactics Ogre(even though gamestop.com says my local Gamestop has it). So I'd have to drive out 20 minutes to my next closest one, who told me they have it new, but I don't want to drive out only to find it is a gutted copy. So I'd rather just order from Amazon.

bread's done
Back