Map Packs Coming to SOCOM 3

[quote name='evanft']Well, the 8 people who own a PS2 HDD should enjoy that. :D[/QUOTE]

if you have an old model ps2 with the add on network adapter just buy a cheap harddrive from one of the many harddrives sells going on this weekend or find someone who will sell you an old 40 giger for probally around 20 dollars then you can save the maps. Remember most Maxtor,Seagates adn some Hitachi hardrives work just fine with the old adapter. I have a couple of 200 gig harddrives I use with my PS2;)

[quote name='mercilessming']if you have an old model ps2 with the add on network adapter just buy a cheap harddrive from one of the many harddrives sells going on this weekend or find someone who will sell you an old 40 giger for probally around 20 dollars then you can save the maps. Remember most Maxtor,Seagates adn some Hitachi hardrives work just fine with the old adapter. I have a couple of 200 gig harddrives I use with my PS2;)[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Socom 3 is just like Socom 2 and other official HDD games. They look for the official HDD firmware and nothing else. If you don't have the official HDD, you can't save maps to it.

As much as I hate to pay for additional content, this may re-spark my interested in Socom 3. It'll give me a good excuse to finally buy a flash drive if I do want to get these new maps.

[quote name='mr ryles']to bad I have a slim pstwo...... :([/QUOTE]

Good News! Sony announced that they will work with USB drives and PSP's through USB connection!

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']you dont actually need the HDD. it helps if you read first[/QUOTE]

I know, I was being sarcastic. :D

I think what will happen to stop people from downloading them for free, is that sony will authenticate your ID every time you load the maps. So if you havent bought the maps with a verified account they will be disabled.

[quote name='Nogib']Wrong. Socom 3 is just like Socom 2 and other official HDD games. They look for the official HDD firmware and nothing else. If you don't have the official HDD, you can't save maps to it.[/quote] O cool my bad on that call then, To bad because load times are so much better with HDD.

bread's done
Back