March Best Buy @Gamer Coupons: $5 DBZ Kinect, $8 AC:R 360, $20 Doom 3, TTT2, & ZOE HD

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Magazine is going digital this issue, but for whatever reason, the coupons are still available in store. It's in a brochure showing a preview of the magazine and talking about RZ Unlocked. There's also no UPC on it outside of the Unlocked sign-up UPC so it could actually be free. I'll try to get pictures up later.

Anyway, the coupons. Valid from 3/3 - 4/6:

$25 off Battlefield 3 (Standard) (PS3 & 360) - $15 AC
$25 off Dragon Ball Z Kinect (360) - $5 AC
$22 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360) - $8 AC
$20 off Doom 3 BFG Edition (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$10 off Zone Of The Enders HD Collection (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Pre-Owned (PS3 & 360) - $10 AC
$40 off Turtle Beach Ear Force DX12 - $80 AC

EDIT: An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

EDIT 2: Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimmienoman']The new policy is only for a price match from anyone at time of purchase and then a 15 day post purchase PM but can only PM BBY prices post purchase.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. Since you can't really reliably PM and use the coupon you'd be covered for the last half of the month if they lowered it. I just didn't know if they would refund the difference if you use the coupon and it was the same or lower (use coupon when it's 30 so you pay 20, then it drops to 20). I just don't know the policy with that sort of thing.

Im just gonna jump on TTT2 before it disappears. 20 bucks is good enough. A friend said all the DLC is free when you insert the disc so waiting for a complete edition is "stupid".

I'll wait till the end for Doom BFG to drop though lol unless im in a good mood.

[quote name='bluelark']That's what I was thinking. Since you can't really reliably PM and use the coupon you'd be covered for the last half of the month if they lowered it. I just didn't know if they would refund the difference if you use the coupon and it was the same or lower (use coupon when it's 30 so you pay 20, then it drops to 20). I just don't know the policy with that sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

Coupon is a one time use item. As such you cannot PM to a lower price unless it drops below what you paid.

IE. Game is $40 with a $20 off coupon. You pay $20 out the door. Later that game drops to $30. You cannot PM as the coupon was a one time use coupon, so it has to drop below $20 to PM.

So if the game then drops to $15 then you can go in and PM $5 back.

Thats not true. Back when Mass Effect 3 and Lollipop Chainsaw had coupons and their MSRP dropped the last week of the coupon I was able to PM to get 10 back on each game.

500 points for purchases 10$ or more ? would i get this when i pick up god of war tommorow or it doesnt stack with the 20$ rz promo for when you pick up the game ?

btw i just got my dbz copy in. all i need is one piece of cheap filler to do a 3/10 deal at gamestop

[quote name='bluelark']As far as that goes, doesn't their policy also allow for 2 weeks after purchase to get a price match as well? So if it ends up at a lower price you can get the difference refunded? If I got that right you could easily buy it later this week and be covered if it goes on sale for the rest of the month. I don't think the coupon would affect that right?[/QUOTE]return/rebuy but you may need to add $5 more since you'd need a coupon so either hold on to it then re-purchase using the coupon.

[quote name='parkerwilson']Can you combine the buy 2 get 1 free with a @gamer coupon? (modern warfare 3 coupon)[/QUOTE]I could see BB.com messing that up but in-store nope 1 or the other.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']The new policy is only for a price match from anyone at time of purchase and then a 15 day post purchase PM but can only PM BBY prices post purchase.[/QUOTE]I was at a BB I don't normally buy from & b/c of the flaw in the policy for silver members the manager was like nothings changing for them 60 days any store/web like before. Had most people took advice giving months & months ago they'd have friends in the right places to assist & make this a perm exception for them too.

[quote name='Enuf']

i was at a BB I don't normally buy from & b/c of the flaw in the policy for silver members the manager was like nothings changing.for.them. 60 dqys any store/web like before. Had most people took advice giving months & months ago they'd have friends.in the right places to assist & make this a perm. Exception.for them.too.[/QUOTE]

Silver remains unchanged until April 18th (don't quote that date I'm just going from memory but I know its somewhere around the end of April).

Purchases made after the 18th will go as follows:

PM anyone at time of purchase.
PM BBY for 15 days after purchase
Return/Exchange item for 60 days after purchase.

Those are the new terms for silver.

[quote name='Deader2818']Thats not true. Back when Mass Effect 3 and Lollipop Chainsaw had coupons and their MSRP dropped the last week of the coupon I was able to PM to get 10 back on each game.[/QUOTE]

You got an exception. Just because you got it doesn't mean that is policy.

Policy is how I dictated it was per corporate Here

[quote name='TooPoor']What's going on with your text Enuf?[/QUOTE]

Typing on a phone or tablet most likely. Whenever I type a period instead of hitting space I just say close enough and continue.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Coupon is a one time use item. As such you cannot PM to a lower price unless it drops below what you paid.

IE. Game is $40 with a $20 off coupon. You pay $20 out the door. Later that game drops to $30. You cannot PM as the coupon was a one time use coupon, so it has to drop below $20 to PM.

So if the game then drops to $15 then you can go in and PM $5 back.[/QUOTE]

Thanks that's the clarification I was hoping to have on the matter. So it's best to hold off on it til as late as possible in case of that. I had a feeling the coupon would make it not a sure shot with that.

[quote name='bluelark']Thanks that's the clarification I was hoping to have on the matter. So it's best to hold off on it til as late as possible in case of that. I had a feeling the coupon would make it not a sure shot with that.[/QUOTE]

Yeh, but like an above poster said there have been exceptions made (myself included). Just wanted to clear up the actual policy.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Yeh, but like an above poster said there have been exceptions made (myself included). Just wanted to clear up the actual policy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I like to know the actual policy since that's the one thing you can count on really. I didn't wanna think I could get a pricematch on that with a coupon then end up needing it to be lower than what I paid even though it was higher before the coupon. Just to know what to expect based on the actual policy. I'd hate to buy something with a coupon like that and find out I could've gotten it cheaper if I waited cus of it haha.

I know there's always exceptions and all (had them done for me as well) but it helps to have the actual policy just so you know the baseline and what you can/should really expect with it.

Hmm, so now I'm tempted to hold off on opening my copy of Zone of Enders in case it happens to go on sale and then head back to pricematch it. I'm assuming if the game is open, they wouldn't be willing to do the PM?

[quote name='poopdogjr']Hmm, so now I'm tempted to hold off on opening my copy of Zone of Enders in case it happens to go on sale and then head back to pricematch it. I'm assuming if the game is open, they wouldn't be willing to do the PM?[/QUOTE]You only need the original receipt and proof of the lower price to do any PM, so if you really want to play the game, go ahead and open it.

I don't see ZoE dropping to $10 with coupon, nor TTT2. What a trainwreck this magazine has become, bet their subscribers will drop it now that it's digital only.

Hey, I made use of this week's mag. Turning that DBZ coupon into $5 extra GS credit and getting some Goku hair is pretty sweet.

Forgive me if this comes off silly....

Can you use your Coupons when purchases online on BestBuy.com or is it Store Use only?

[quote name='HCHecxz']Forgive me if this comes off silly....

Can you use your Coupons when purchases online on BestBuy.com or is it Store Use only?[/QUOTE]

i think store only

[quote name='HCHecxz']Forgive me if this comes off silly....

Can you use your Coupons when purchases online on BestBuy.com or is it Store Use only?[/QUOTE]

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Gaming-News/March-Gamer-Magazine-Offers/ba-p/662273

NEW THIS MONTH!
Coupons may be redeemed online. Along with the standard in-store barcode, a single use online code will be included on your coupon for redemption on BestBuy.com. Available to @Gamer digital subscribers
See terms below for more info.

Digital Coupon Terms
Markdowns taken from sale prices. Coupons can be used only one time and must be redeemed by offer expiration date. Full value of Digital Coupon must be used within a single transaction; remaining value will not be saved for future use. Coupon cannot be applied toward Best Buy Gift Cards, Performance Service Plans, Product Replacement Plans, state recycling fees, installation fees and third-party purchases. Redeemable online only. Coupon cannot be replaced if it is lost, stolen, or if you cancel or return your order. Not redeemable for cash. Not valid as payment on the Best Buy credit card. Valid major credit card required for online purchases.

In-store Coupon Terms
Markdowns taken from sale prices. Customer must be a Reward Zone® Gamers Club member to redeem coupon. Not valid with any other coupons, offers or discounts. Not valid on pre-owned games, unless the coupon is for pre-owned game(s). Selection varies by store. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Valid in store and on in-stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A. and Puerto Rico. Online and in-store offer may vary. Not valid at Best Buy Express Kiosks or on any BestBuy.com® order, including store pickup. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon valid 3/3/13–4/6/13.

[quote name='SonOfMan']http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Gaming-News/March-Gamer-Magazine-Offers/ba-p/662273

NEW THIS MONTH!
Coupons may be redeemed online. Along with the standard in-store barcode, a single use online code will be included on your coupon for redemption on BestBuy.com. Available to @Gamer digital subscribers
See terms below for more info.

Digital Coupon Terms
Markdowns taken from sale prices. Coupons can be used only one time and must be redeemed by offer expiration date. Full value of Digital Coupon must be used within a single transaction; remaining value will not be saved for future use. Coupon cannot be applied toward Best Buy Gift Cards, Performance Service Plans, Product Replacement Plans, state recycling fees, installation fees and third-party purchases. Redeemable online only. Coupon cannot be replaced if it is lost, stolen, or if you cancel or return your order. Not redeemable for cash. Not valid as payment on the Best Buy credit card. Valid major credit card required for online purchases.

In-store Coupon Terms
Markdowns taken from sale prices. Customer must be a Reward Zone® Gamers Club member to redeem coupon. Not valid with any other coupons, offers or discounts. Not valid on pre-owned games, unless the coupon is for pre-owned game(s). Selection varies by store. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Valid in store and on in-stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A. and Puerto Rico. Online and in-store offer may vary. Not valid at Best Buy Express Kiosks or on any BestBuy.com® order, including store pickup. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon valid 3/3/13–4/6/13.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much SonofMan, im going to try that out and see if I can order a copy of DBZ Kinect.

[quote name='sun007030201']I see the PS3 version of ZOE HD Collection is no longer available online :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

I didn't see it available online when the deal first went live (I don't think even the 360 was then) so I'm not sure it has been (but haven't read every post here).

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Silver remains unchanged until April 18th (don't quote that date I'm just going from memory but I know its somewhere around the end of April).

Purchases made after the 18th will go as follows:

PM anyone at time of purchase.
PM BBY for 15 days after purchase
Return/Exchange item for 60 days after purchase.

Those are the new terms for silver.[/QUOTE]Oh, I know about the change coming in April as did the employee but he & his manager both stated for their store it doesn't make sense. 60 day return means a person will still get the pm on the spot it will just take 2 trips so they'd rather not lose a customer considering they'd lose the sale altogether & have the orginal purchase return too. No restock fees means whether it's opened or not the person would still "win". Better good will just to match since the total # of matches is low anyways.

[quote name='TooPoor']What's going on with your text Enuf?[/QUOTE]Cell phone

[quote name='marineal']I don't see ZoE dropping to $10 with coupon, nor TTT2. What a trainwreck this magazine has become, bet their subscribers will drop it now that it's digital only.[/QUOTE]I can't see real reason to complain with this months coupons several titles are 50% of MSRP & both of the ones you mentioned are on the clearance SKU sheet. I scored ZOE for $20 some time ago when MSRP was $40. TTT2 for $20 is really good. The $5 games is the same quality as most of the other super cheap/free games plus with it's TIV there's no loss. We got what we wanted with online coupons finally so that's a huge win as well.

There's room for improvement which is why I suggested getting more total coupons added each month along with coupons for PSvita/3DS games but based of the lack of support shown seems like most are comfortable with the direction @gamer is moving towards.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...-diversity-to-the-gamer-magazine/idi-p/650023

yes we need vita coupons ! at least they have had coupons for the 3ds games before. oh and coupons for 10$ off 19.99 and higher and 5$ off 9.99 to 19.99 used game coupons like we have had in the past would be nice too

[quote name='Jimmienoman']You got an exception. Just because you got it doesn't mean that is policy.

Policy is how I dictated it was per corporate Here[/QUOTE]

That case isn't identical since someone is trying to return and rebuy the item using the same coupon twice. I think the person here simply got a price adjustment on his receipt when the msrp dropped. I was able to do the same thing at my store. I understand your argument and it's effectively the same transaction, but I probably would have been denied if I requested a return/rebuy (since that would require reusing the coupon). Stores basically don't follow very consistent policies.

[quote name='Enuf']We got what we wanted with online coupons finally so that's a huge win as well.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a hollow victory too me considering they aren't even going to stock these games online now apparently

i cant complain about this months mag cause dbz got us 15$ after promos at gamestop which covers the whole 15$ spent on the yearly sub to @gamer so this month isnt a total bust. i think april is going to be really good !

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Seems like a hollow victory too me considering they aren't even going to stock these games online now apparently[/QUOTE]clearance titles

Didn't someone say the mag was digital only now? Because I got my copy in the mail last week.

And decided "what the hell" and picked up DBZ Kinect yesterday. Hoping for $10 Doom or ZoE, but it's not likely.

Sub runs out after this month, so I guess I'll wait until there's something I really want before re-upping.

[quote name='Skydude']Didn't someone say the mag was digital only now? Because I got my copy in the mail last week.

And decided "what the hell" and picked up DBZ Kinect yesterday. Hoping for $10 Doom or ZoE, but it's not likely.

Sub runs out after this month, so I guess I'll wait until there's something I really want before re-upping.[/QUOTE]

When you re-up your forced digital.

It is only for those that somehow snuck by the cut off date that still get a physical mag. Anyway, digital is better anyway with 2x the use of a coupon - if they happen to not throw clearance game coupons in the mag, lol.

[quote name='Enuf']Oh, I know about the change coming in April as did the employee but he & his manager both stated for their store it doesn't make sense. 60 day return means a person will still get the pm on the spot it will just take 2 trips so they'd rather not lose a customer considering they'd lose the sale altogether & have the orginal purchase return too. No restock fees means whether it's opened or not the person would still "win". Better good will just to match since the total # of matches is low anyways.
[/QUOTE]

But what that manager forgets is that getting a PM past the initial purchase (if PMing a different retailer) or after the 15 days (if PMing BBY) requires a return/rebuy.

After so many returns you will be blocked from returns for 90 days.

So yes you can PM by return/rebuy method but at some point it will cost you.

[quote name='Robert Conley']if I have these games shipped to store can I then apply my physical coupons on pickup?[/QUOTE]

You're already charged when you do pickup, either ship to store or available now, and coupons don't apply after. You have to cancel your order when you're there to "rebuy" it at the pickup desk, if that makes sense.

So if I bought Zone of Enders the other day using the @gamer coupon, can i go back to return and rebuy it even though I've already used the coupon once and no longer have it? Or is that a no-go?

[quote name='gentlyporking']If someone's not going to use the ZOE digital coupon, I'd love to take it off your hands.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the digital coupons but I do have the mag coupon that I won't be using. Shoot me a pm with your address and I'll get it mailed off to you, if you're interested in that one.

Ok, so honest question. I have until the 17th to reup my subscription, and I guess I'm being forced to digital. But... I don't have a tablet device. I have an iPhone, nothing more. Will I be able to at least read the mag on it? Or would I be paying for something I can't read? Because the mag may not be the best, but paying $15 for a year of potential coupons isn't that appealing...

Also, how do coupons work digitally. Codes sent via email, or are they attached to the digital magazine?

[quote name='MiTYH']Ok, so honest question. I have until the 17th to reup my subscription, and I guess I'm being forced to digital. But... I don't have a tablet device. I have an iPhone, nothing more. Will I be able to at least read the mag on it? Or would I be paying for something I can't read? Because the mag may not be the best, but paying $15 for a year of potential coupons isn't that appealing...

Also, how do coupons work digitally. Codes sent via email, or are they attached to the digital magazine?[/QUOTE]
Yes you can read it on your phone. The coupons are sent via email separate from your magazine email link, from what I have read others post.

Anyone that wants to get down on mw3 (Xbox) shoot me a FR. All my friends have moved on to bo2, as did I but got bored with it. I really like the maps better on mw3. Btw I own all the dlc also.

I have talked to many BB employees, and they say that you have to do about 10 returns in a week before you're flagged. I do around 3 returns per week, and I think that's a bit high, but it's totally fine.

Many CAGs should be safe. :)

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I have talked to many BB employees, and they say that you have to do about 10 returns in a week before you're flagged. I do around 3 returns per week, and I think that's a bit high, but it's totally fine.

Many CAGs should be safe. :)[/QUOTE]
I doubt it is as easy as 10 returns a week and you're banned. If it was, Best Buy could had implemented this without needing to pay for TRE's returns tracking system.

[quote name='htz']I doubt it is as easy as 10 returns a week and you're banned. If it was, Best Buy could had implemented this without needing to pay for TRE's returns tracking system.[/QUOTE]
They say it's around 10+ returns per week for a short period. Maybe like doing this for a month.

I'm not banned or flagged at around 3 returns per week. Sometimes, I like to drive to other BBs to return because that Geek Squad guy is remembering me... ;)

As for how the hell do I do 3 returns per week, I spend a lot there thanks to CAG. And with Silver, the points and stuff keep racking up. I currently have a $20 cert waiting for me. With a lot of impulse buys, some stuff goes back. :)

[quote name='htz']I doubt it is as easy as 10 returns a week and you're banned. If it was, Best Buy could had implemented this without needing to pay for TRE's returns tracking system.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Telling people what the criteria is for a ban is never done. For obvious reasons.

bread's done
Back