March Best Buy @Gamer Coupons: $5 DBZ Kinect, $8 AC:R 360, $20 Doom 3, TTT2, & ZOE HD

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Magazine is going digital this issue, but for whatever reason, the coupons are still available in store. It's in a brochure showing a preview of the magazine and talking about RZ Unlocked. There's also no UPC on it outside of the Unlocked sign-up UPC so it could actually be free. I'll try to get pictures up later.

Anyway, the coupons. Valid from 3/3 - 4/6:

$25 off Battlefield 3 (Standard) (PS3 & 360) - $15 AC
$25 off Dragon Ball Z Kinect (360) - $5 AC
$22 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360) - $8 AC
$20 off Doom 3 BFG Edition (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$10 off Zone Of The Enders HD Collection (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Pre-Owned (PS3 & 360) - $10 AC
$40 off Turtle Beach Ear Force DX12 - $80 AC

EDIT: An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

EDIT 2: Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
So now that the magazine is digital, what happens to new Gamers Club paid subscribers?

Do you get the current month issue sent/emailed to you right away? Or do you actually need to cycle through to the next month?

I'm thinking about finally signing up. Especially if any of these go on sale (Doom 3, TTT2, ZOE HD).

I thought I saw people talking about using these coupons 2 times. Are you using the code online for 1 and then taking the actual coupon to the store for the second use? Or am I just imagining things? If not, has anyone tried this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doom is disappearing from the shelves! I doubt this stuff is gonna hit 10 bucks, I gave in on TTT2 and am satisfied. Is doom BFG(PS3) worth $20 too? I never played it but heard great things back in the day.

[quote name='StryderOmega']When you re-up your forced digital.

It is only for those that somehow snuck by the cut off date that still get a physical mag. Anyway, digital is better anyway with 2x the use of a coupon - if they happen to not throw clearance game coupons in the mag, lol.[/QUOTE]

How are people using the digital coupon twice?

[quote name='tingram83']How are people using the digital coupon twice?[/QUOTE]

One coupon is a barcode to use in store. The other is a promo code to use online. Not linked to each other.

Example: use barcode coupon in store for DBZ for $5. Then go online, put DBZ in cart. Checkout and enter promo code where prompted on checkout screen. Set for in-store pick up. Bam 2 copies of DBZ for $10 + tax.

I live in the land of Best Buys (Twin Cities area) and have to say that Doom 3 and Zone of the Enders are disappearing fast. Of the four stores within my "daily ruote" if you will, only one seems to have a single copy of ZoE left and two had Doom (one only had one copy left though, can't say about the other).

ugh... this is just getting ridiculous... I have still not gotten my magazine and I really want Doom 3...
I should probably go complain or something >.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I live in the land of Best Buys (Twin Cities area) and have to say that Doom 3 and Zone of the Enders are disappearing fast. Of the four stores within my "daily ruote" if you will, only one seems to have a single copy of ZoE left and two had Doom (one only had one copy left though, can't say about the other).[/QUOTE]

Greetings fellow MN CAG! I am further north so we won't have to worry too much about crossing into each others CAG turf. ;)

I still see a lot of Doom 3 copies available when I type in my zip code, and all the other stores have the option to 'ship to store'

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I have talked to many BB employees, and they say that you have to do about 10 returns in a week before you're flagged. I do around 3 returns per week, and I think that's a bit high, but it's totally fine.

Many CAGs should be safe. :)[/QUOTE]

There is more to it then what you say as there have been plenty of people with less returns in a week then get banned. Working with the forum mods and customer cases of bans it seems to be a weighted system with added flags.

This is all speculation but what I've seen:

It weights money in returns vs money used for purchases the most. Ie you spend a lot then you can do more returns.

Secondly it weighs large ticket items differently then small ticket. Mainly because of the above. Sometimes for the customer sometimes against.

There's flags for quantity returned vs quantity bought. Ie you return 50% of your items regardless of prices etc.

There's time frames also. As no return for x number of days seems to lesson the strikes against you. Or possibly what you mentioned the x times in a week.

Probably much more also. Just small things I believe are part of the equation.

[quote name='VenomA7X']Doom is disappearing from the shelves! I doubt this stuff is gonna hit 10 bucks, I gave in on TTT2 and am satisfied. Is doom BFG(PS3) worth $20 too? I never played it but heard great things back in the day.[/QUOTE]

It is worth $20. Lengthy campaign and the expansion. As long as youre good with it being a corridor shooter. Just know what youre getting.

Probably not the place for this, but does anyone want to trade their DIGITAL/ONLINE Dragon Ball Z Kinect coupon for a GameStop 15% Off One New Game or New Accessory expiring 3/31?

PM me.

[quote name='klimb22']Probably not the place for this, but does anyone want to trade their DIGITAL/ONLINE Dragon Ball Z Kinect coupon for a GameStop 15% Off One New Game or New Accessory expiring 3/31?

PM me.[/QUOTE]

man everytime i have posted a question like this the mods delete it but others dont seem to have that problem lol :)

but yea my friend i dont think anyone is giving up that coupon considering how it has good flip value at gamestop, especially after the promos

[quote name='strait edge follower']
but yea my friend i dont think anyone is giving up that coupon considering how it has good flip value at gamestop, especially after the promos[/QUOTE]

What's the TIV at Gamestop? I may part with my copy if the game sucks as bad as I think it will.

[quote name='ooga']What's the TIV at Gamestop? I may part with my copy if the game sucks as bad as I think it will.[/QUOTE]

$10. There was a 1 day overlap of the coupon and 50% gamestop TIV bonus promo too so a select few tripled their money.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']But what that manager forgets is that getting a PM past the initial purchase (if PMing a different retailer) or after the 15 days (if PMing BBY) requires a return/rebuy.

After so many returns you will be blocked from returns for 90 days.

So yes you can PM by return/rebuy method but at some point it will cost you.[/QUOTE]
really just the ''threat'' of a return/rebuy is all that's needed for a price adjustment.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']With a lot of impulse buys, some stuff goes back. :)[/QUOTE]Same here

[quote name='Anexanhume']$10. There was a 1 day overlap of the coupon and 50% gamestop TIV bonus promo too so a select few tripled their money.[/QUOTE]
That's why it always pays to have a sub.

[quote name='Emoney244']I managed to flip Dragon Ball Z for $10 plus the 30% trade in promo towards God of War. Was worth the drive.[/QUOTE]wasn't there a 40%(50%) tomb raider promo.

[quote name='momouchi']ZOE HD is back online. Looks like I'll be using a coupon this month after all.[/QUOTE]

Just noticed that as well. Also returned the copy I bought earlier in the week.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']There is more to it then what you say as there have been plenty of people with less returns in a week then get banned. Working with the forum mods and customer cases of bans it seems to be a weighted system with added flags.

This is all speculation but what I've seen:

It weights money in returns vs money used for purchases the most. Ie you spend a lot then you can do more returns.

Secondly it weighs large ticket items differently then small ticket. Mainly because of the above. Sometimes for the customer sometimes against.

There's flags for quantity returned vs quantity bought. Ie you return 50% of your items regardless of prices etc.

There's time frames also. As no return for x number of days seems to lesson the strikes against you. Or possibly what you mentioned the x times in a week.

Probably much more also. Just small things I believe are part of the equation.[/QUOTE]
How do they track purchases vs. returned for individuals?

For example, I can buy two games and pay both with cash. When I return, they'll track my return on my ID.

Does their system track purchases? If I bought 20 games on one receipt and returned none and paid all using cash, how do they track purchases like that to deem a person as a viable customer or not?

[quote name='J7.']Has anyone tried trading in DBZ to Best Buy right after purchase?[/QUOTE]
My brother did that once with Gunstringer last year. He bought the game at the first floor registers and opened game while walking up the stairs to trade at the second floor gaming register. Try to avoid buying the game from and trading in from the same cashier.

[quote name='J7.']Has anyone tried trading in DBZ to Best Buy right after purchase?[/QUOTE]

I did that once with a Mass Effect (got the CE of it for 9.99 and traded in a vanillia same store for 14 i believe)and the next day at my local Bestbuy where I'm cool with the gamer department showed me an APB (store to store memo on me trading same game i just bought and how it was taking advantage of the trade in policies) sent from the other store to all the other local area stores. He told me their store manager was like whatever when he read it (as your not doing anything wrong he said) and nothing ever became of it, but I haven't set foot in the store that sent that memo out on me. A major creepy move by them as if I was stealing or pulling return fraud.

why in the world would you want to risk getting flagged for a measly 3$ profit ? without bonuses gamestop doubles your investment. always aim for as close to 100% profit over cost as possible. thats my rule anyway, unless its a credit transfer and nothing more

Back when there were decent Best Buy to Best Buy flips, like certain DotD ones, I did that all the time. Modnation Racers Vita, Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, and Brave were all ones I did. Never been banned.

[quote name='MRW2276']I did that once with a Mass Effect (got the CE of it for 9.99 and traded in a vanillia same store for 14 i believe)and the next day at my local Bestbuy where I'm cool with the gamer department they showed me an APB (store to store memo on me trading same game i just bought and how it was taking advantage of the trade in policies) sent from the other store to all the other local area stores. He told me their store manager was like whatever when he read it (as your not doing anything wrong he said) and nothing ever became of it, but I haven't set foot in the store that sent that memo out on me. A major creepy move by them as if I was stealing or pulling return fraud.[/QUOTE]
What... the... hell...

[quote name='ShoMinamimoto']Back when there were decent Best Buy to Best Buy flips, like certain DotD ones, I did that all the time. Modnation Racers Vita, Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, and Brave were all ones I did. Never been banned.[/QUOTE]

CAG Newbie huh? :cool:

[quote name='strait edge follower']why in the world would you want to risk getting flagged for a measly 3$ profit ? without bonuses gamestop doubles your investment. always aim for as close to 100% profit over cost as possible. thats my rule anyway, unless its a credit transfer and nothing more[/QUOTE]

I guess GS is better, for some reason I thought GS was only giving $5. Maybe it's not worth trading to BBuy.

Another thing with the DBZ at gamestop is if you can somehow find the sims on 3ds at target and a third cheap game your looking at another $10 credit. I did DBZ $5, Sims3 3ds 2.98, and Just Dance 3 (disney on xbox from other deal of day would of been better, but missed it) wii used at bestbuy for $18 with 10% gamers club. I also managed to find a second JD3 for buy 2 get 1 free used. about $26 spent made $44.10 on the three games. The majority of that $26 was bestbuy credit from other trades. $2.98 out of pocket and got a free used game of my choice for 19.99 at best buy. So run that math with the freebie third.;-)

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']How do they track purchases vs. returned for individuals?

For example, I can buy two games and pay both with cash. When I return, they'll track my return on my ID.

Does their system track purchases? If I bought 20 games on one receipt and returned none and paid all using cash, how do they track purchases like that to deem a person as a viable customer or not?[/QUOTE]

TRE only tracks returns/exchanges. They then pass that info on to BBY who can compile it and do what they wish with the data. TRE doesn't ban you, BBY does. They just set up the parameters that TREflags.

Once again this is all speculation. But the silver members (that sctually got it through spending 2500) seem to have to return much more than the regular person. Hence why I think purchases vs returns come into play.

Ah, Dragon Ball Z for Kinect. You just knew this game would suck. Think about it. For all the other Dragon Ball Z games, you had some awesome cover art. Various Saiyans in Super Saiyan form with a cool pose, ready to fight. What do we have in this game? Goku with his trademark stupid smile, Gohan cheering, and Goten waving. Plus, we didn't even get a decent title name. Dragon Ball Z... good so far, but wait for it, wait for it ...for Kinect. No imagination.

What kind of tasteless tetrahedron made this game?

[quote name='strait edge follower']good now if zoe drops in price we can know about it :D[/QUOTE]
It would have to be a MSRP drop, I don't ever recall a clearance item going on sale that wasn't part of a promo for the newest game.

[quote name='ShoMinamimoto']Ah, Dragon Ball Z for Kinect. You just knew this game would suck. Think about it. For all the other Dragon Ball Z games, you had some awesome cover art. Various Saiyans in Super Saiyan form with a cool pose, ready to fight. What do we have in this game? Goku with his trademark stupid smile, Gohan cheering, and Goten waving. Plus, we didn't even get a decent title name. Dragon Ball Z... good so far, but wait for it, wait for it ...for Kinect. No imagination.

What kind of tasteless tetrahedron made this game?[/QUOTE]

Actually many of the old DBZ games stunk as well. All the PS one ones did (Ultimate 22 comes to mind and that early 3d final bout), and the PC Engine game from way back was a weird rpg/fighter. I think I got a weird DBZ on wonderswan color as well.

[quote name='ShoMinamimoto']Back when there were decent Best Buy to Best Buy flips, like certain DotD ones, I did that all the time. Modnation Racers Vita, Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, and Brave were all ones I did. Never been banned.[/QUOTE]

hmmmm bringing up old flips from the past ..... i am the cheapest gamer is that you ? 0____0 ?

[quote name='MRW2276']Actually many of the old DBZ games stunk as well. All the PS one ones did (Ultimate 22 comes to mind and that early 3d final bout), and the PC Engine game from way back was a weird rpg/fighter. I think I got a weird DBZ on wonderswan color as well.[/QUOTE]

Yes. They were bad, but the ps2/wii was pretty good.
Well, I like the GBA rpg too.

[quote name='strait edge follower']hmmmm bringing up old flips from the past ..... i am the cheapest gamer is that you ? 0____0 ?[/QUOTE]

I hear if you type his name three times, he appears ...

[quote name='strait edge follower']hmmmm bringing up old flips from the past ..... i am the cheapest gamer is that you ? 0____0 ?[/QUOTE]

he hasn't mentioned HDMI cables yet. can't be IATCG. :D

So i am not sure this has been answered already. I have never done the price matching before. Based on best buys website, it seems if it doesnt say price match guarentee they will not match the price on an item? Or will they match any item or is it store by store basis? I was planing on trying to get a few price matches but dont want to get there and they say no for some reason. The prices are from one of the competitors they match.

No, I'm a new account here. Never been here before. And I have no idea who IATCG is. How is it that whenever a newbie here is pointed out to not be a newbie, IATCG is the first one to suspect? That guy shouldn't ever show his face here after he was suspected of being the one who stopped pennied guides in Best Buy. If I ever see that factoring hectopascal here, it's * 2 die! I'm serious. It's gonna be a Level i Flare for him.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I wish you were him and you stopped talking like a dumbass. Cause then id level 3 flee after stealing your dungeon map.[/QUOTE]
Another disrespectful one. Although it seems that this one is ignorant as well as disrespectful. Sho Minamimoto does not need a dungeon map. Sho Minamimoto can analyze the dimensions of a dungeon and calculate each and every square inch of it in the time that it takes you to blink. He can then draw said map perfectly and beautifully. Keep that in mind, you tasteless tetrahedron.

Okay i have a question.
If i don't have a best buy i can get to nearby, is the @gamer subscription still worth it? I don't know if shipping for BB is reliable since i remember last year
Alot things that went on sale ended up backordered for me *ahem Vanquish *ahem. And are the costs for shipping on these items reasonable? And are the coupon codes usable for all these items online? Or are there certain ones exclusive to in store only?

[quote name='redmangoose']Okay i have a question.
If i don't have a best buy i can get to nearby, is the @gamer subscription still worth it? I don't know if shipping for BB is reliable since i remember last year
Alot things that went on sale ended up backordered for me *ahem Vanquish *ahem. And are the costs for shipping on these items reasonable? And are the coupon codes usable for all these items online? Or are there certain ones exclusive to in store only?[/QUOTE]

Digital subscriptions (all new ones now) get an in-store and online coupon. Some of these coupons are for clearance type items that aren't even listed online anymore. I don't know about shipping because it's free for me as premier silver.

bread's done
Back