Mario & Brain Age Collection Black Friday DSi Bundles $155 Shipped at Amazon

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]10332[/IMG-R]Nintendo's limited edition Black Friday DSi bundles are now available for pre-order with a $15 savings at Amazon. Each DSi comes pre-installed with over $20 in downloadable software.

:ds: Mario Collection - Metallic Blue $154.98
Includes: Mario Calculator, Mario Clock, WarioWare: Snapped!, Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!, Dr. Mario Express

:ds: Brain Age Collection - White $154.98
Includes: Brain Age Express: Sudoku, Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters, Brain Age Express: Math, Photo Clock, Clubhouse Games Express: Card Classic

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd buy it but I really only want March of the Minis and maybe Dr Mario Express. And I think I rather use my Amazon credit on the PS3 bundle Friday.

[quote name='gomikeoh']DSi is the biggest sham since the pspgo.

there are no games for the dsi. sure they keep saying "in the future," but thats super dumb. this is like the first system that doesnt have launch titles utilizing the hardware. and btw, the dsiware doesnt mean jack!

dsilite ftw babY! all hail the dsi lite![/QUOTE]

Wait, no games for the DSi? They've been making games for the DSi since late 2004 I believe.

[quote name='wildnuts02']i don't see how it could ship before friday since it isn't released until friday and thursday is a holiday[/QUOTE]

They've sent items to me sooner than the release date. I'm not saying that'll happen here, but that it's happened before and there's no reliable way to know for sure what they'll do until they do it.

I guess the big thing hre is if they run a deal as a lightning deal... doubt you'd be abe to price match with the pre order guarantee... that is unless you got a fairly clueless csm...

so more than likely...:lol:

Oh wow, I'm glad I put my Blue Mario DSi bundle pre-order in--currently unavailable! Not sure if it's perma-sold out, but it's not there now. The white Brain Age bundle is still available as I type this, though.

Order is still in "Open" status, so here's hoping it stays that way until Friday in case there's an additional discount...

[quote name='FiretrUCK']All the XL screen does is stretch the image (rather than scale it). The only benefit is if you have a hard time reading text. The games themselves will look worse.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you could same for the GBA player for the GameCube, and I'd much rather play on that at home than on my DS. Too bad there isn't a player for the DS with the Wii.

[quote name='FiretrUCK']I have a feeling they wouldn't let EVERY unit sell out before BF. (at least, I hope)[/QUOTE]

I agree-- it was probably selling better than expected and they decided they better hold some stock. (sadly, any killer deal they may have planned may have gone by the wayside since it's sold just fine at the $155 price!)

I have a feeling he was being a bit dramatic about the DSi's, considering the age of the handheld and the amount of games available for it.

[quote name='Justin42']I agree-- it was probably selling better than expected and they decided they better hold some stock. (sadly, any killer deal they may have planned may have gone by the wayside since it's sold just fine at the $155 price!)[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying they won't get any more in, but I don't see the logic of holding back stock because it's "selling better than expected". They simply have no good reason to "hold" stock on an item--especially when it's selling well.

To me, the logical thing is that they sold through their initial allocation for that particular sku. Can they get more from the distributor? Of course it's possible. Is it a guarantee? We just don't know that right now.

I think it's likely they had a set amount to preorder and a set amount to release on Black Friday. This is a special Black Friday Nintendo bundle after all, and it wouldn't look good for them to be sold out before it even starts. I'm going to make a bold prediction and say they will be back on Friday but for full MSRP ;). (Though possibly with a $20 gift card promo to match Best Buy)

[quote name='io']I think it's likely they had a set amount to preorder and a set amount to release on Black Friday. This is a special Black Friday Nintendo bundle after all, and it wouldn't look good for them to be sold out before it even starts. I'm going to make a bold prediction and say they will be back on Friday but for full MSRP ;). (Though possibly with a $20 gift card promo to match Best Buy)[/QUOTE]

Thinking about it now, you guys are right--there's a set number of pre-order inventory separate from the entire stock they'll sell on BF. I do wonder if the Friday deal will be the full SKU + Incentive, or an additional price reduction/discount. If it's the former, then I do prefer just getting the discount straight off.

First off, happy thanksgiving everyone!. Another note, just got an email, my product has shipped. So many of you who preordered it might be getting charged today instead of tomorrow. Now the waiting is whats the fun part, espciallly since i chose free shipping.

And now on the site, it looks like either they are sold out or this was meant to be a limited supply only, ala Door Buster surprise.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you fellow US peers too, and I guess good day to the rest. :)
I've been mulling over this since I last posted, I'm going to have to pass and wait for a more direct deal at a similar price point. There is plenty of other things to exhaust my wallet on in the meantime.
cag

[quote name='jacknicklson']Please be cheaper tomorrow... Pretty please[/QUOTE]

If thats true or if i find it cheaper elsewhere, i will be returning this but they have to have a good deal out there. This bundle is gonna be hard to beat. If i calculated it correctually, u'll save $37.01 through Amazons offer.

[quote name='addicted2games']My order says it isn't supposed to arrive until Dec. 2, but I have prime shipping. wtf![/QUOTE]

Dude, really?

It releases on Friday: 27th (a holiday for 90% of the US)

Since Sat and Sun are non shipping days usually that means....

Monday 30th = ship date
Tuesday 1
Wed 2

It's MAYBE 1 day late depending on how you look at it. And there's still a good chance you'll get it on the 1st if they ship on Friday.

Amazon is the killing it with deals this year, it's a long holiday weekend, and you're complaining about one day?

[quote name='blueweltall']My shipped today and I used the free value shipping.[/QUOTE]

Mine says shipping soon as well. Hopefully it'll "ship" today.

I don't expect it before Tuesday though.

Well being Amazon distribution is near me and as i always select the free shipping, i should see it in 5 days, well give or take the holiday mail schedule. I'm not in a big hurry for it anyways as i already own a DS and im busy playing New Super Mario Bros wii :). I'm taking my time in the game, trying to unlock everything before i move on to another world, like always do on the portable marios.

[quote name='confoosious']Mine says shipping soon as well. Hopefully it'll "ship" today.

I don't expect it before Tuesday though.[/QUOTE]

Mine is also in "Shipping Soon" status. I do hope they'll still honor any price drops that might happen tomorrow, although the $15 off plus the extra DSiware games is still a good deal.

I caved and bought it >< But I got it from Best Buy so it would be easy to return in case I change my mind. The price on Amazon also went back up, and it's not like I don't shop there often enough that I won't spend the $20 gift card. Can't wait to check it out.

I bought two on 11/23... it's now in shipping soon status but I just noticed this on the page for the Mario Bundle:

Purchase Limit Policy: Due to great demand, each household may only purchase one unit of this item. See additional purchase policy details.

I don't know if this was there when I originally pre-ordered or not but it's sort of freaking me out because if you read the policy they'll basically cancel your account and everything. I got one for each of my kids for Christmas........ sigh.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Pre-orders are back up now on the Amazon website![/QUOTE]

Not for the mario bundle. That's the Target pre-order at $169.99

I'm trying to order the Mario bundle on GameStop.com (have $150+ in GS credit to use). The website is slow as fuck though.

EDIT: Finally. With free shipping and my gift cards, comes out to $28.28 for me. I would have bought it on Amazon earlier in the week but I wanted to use these gift cards up.

[quote name='Snap']Why is my order still in shipping soon status.... and I'm a Prime member....[/QUOTE]

me too...

[quote name='icedrake523']I'm trying to order the Mario bundle on GameStop.com (have $150+ in GS credit to use). The website is slow as fuck though.

EDIT: Finally. With free shipping and my gift cards, comes out to $28.28 for me. I would have bought it on Amazon earlier in the week but I wanted to use these gift cards up.[/QUOTE]

Just picked one up at the local one. They seem to have a few in each store that nobody has bought.

Plus 30% extra trade in towards purchase of this item.

Great way to get rid of some GS credit.

I didn't have a means to get to the store. I canceled my first order since they added (or I missed) the code for free 3-day shipping. Not that it matters since it's a Christmas gift, but I feel better about it arriving safely if it's a faster shipping speed.

These are also at TRU. I recently started working there. We had them for $159 on BF with a free car charger & starter kit (or a stylus or something). But they went really fast when we opened. But we found another box later on and they weren't as popular without the freebies. Still had a few when I left work today.

I went to a GameStop (not my usual one) to see if they had it since I can still cancel my order. But the people ahead of me were trading in a 360 so I thought "fuck it. I'm not going to wait 30 min for them to test out a toweled-360."

I just got my Dsi Mario edition. Its pretty dang sweet. Been playing around with it. For you people who are worried about the games on the system, you can copy them to a SD card, the same one you can use if you have one for the wii.

I kinda wish the top part was Red and bottom was blue to match the colors of Mario ;) but i guess i cant win it all.

Also an important feature Nintendo needs to really consider, letting you play Virtual Console games you downloaded from Wii onto the DSi. I know not all can be played but the NES/SNES/Genesis games should obviously play with no to little problems. It'll be nice to play Super Mario Bros 2: Lost Levels) on the go instead of importing the GBA versions.

Oh and what a bonus!!! Although i dont think you get extra coins once you register Dsi with Club Nintendo, but i just finished all my surverys and i just used them all on Game & Watch Collection! Hopefully unlike the calender, it wont take me half a year to recieve. This is a awesome christmas for myself!

Wait, what Game & Watch Collection is back!? I missed it before (waiting for something better which never came).

Also, I got my Mario DSi today (Tues, Dec 1st) via free shipping through USPS - it came very fast considering.

It was curiously packed though - it was in a box with a folded flap on the edge that you could simply open right up and remove the DSi box from within (and no padding in there either). It was not sealed in any way :whistle2:s. I'm lucky it made it through spotless...

I got mine (well my daughters) at Target for $139 (30 dollar in gift cards). The only thing "LE" about it is that it's a dark blue. I don't think they sell this color otherwise.

[quote name='io']Wait, what Game & Watch Collection is back!? I missed it before (waiting for something better which never came).

Also, I got my Mario DSi today (Tues, Dec 1st) via free shipping through USPS - it came very fast considering.

It was curiously packed though - it was in a box with a folded flap on the edge that you could simply open right up and remove the DSi box from within (and no padding in there either). It was not sealed in any way :whistle2:s. I'm lucky it made it through spotless...[/QUOTE]

my came sealed the same way! i guess they just rushed these out asap.

[quote name='darkpice']my came sealed the same way! i guess they just rushed these out asap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean, this is nearly the equivalent of sending it in a shoe box with no tape to hold the lid on - very odd packaging...

Well, OK, it's not that bad as the flap tucks in and wouldn't pop right open if you turned it upside down, but still... But it's like mailing an envelope without sealing the top - just folding it over...

I was supposed to get mine yesterday, instead it's coming today. Of all the things to have delivered late! I got my screen protectors yesterday, though...

even if you have prime on amazon... amazon has said allowed 1 to 2 more days.. UPS is overloaded with ordered... I did call them up and got 5.00 credit for a game i paid 10 for not showing intime...

so just call them maybe they give you a credit

[quote name='slidecage']even if you have prime on amazon... amazon has said allowed 1 to 2 more days.. UPS is overloaded with ordered... I did call them up and got 5.00 credit for a game i paid 10 for not showing intime...

so just call them maybe they give you a credit[/QUOTE]

I figured that, but I've had things I ordered TWO DAYS AFTER come in already! :bomb:

and I was using Prime trial, so it's not like I lost any money.

[quote name='io']Wait, what Game & Watch Collection is back!? I missed it before (waiting for something better which never came).

It was curiously packed though - it was in a box with a folded flap on the edge that you could simply open right up and remove the DSi box from within (and no padding in there either). It was not sealed in any way :whistle2:s. I'm lucky it made it through spotless...[/QUOTE]

I got the game & watch collection from over at Club Nintendos website. I just earned enough points for it so it was a nice bonus....the wait however will be a different story. I ordered the calender back in July and recieved it in mid november.

Also yeah, depending on where u are, amazon ships rather quick. There is a distrubration on the other half of my state, not sure where. I ordered it on thursday, it shipped friday, and i got it on tuesday as well.

I couldnt believe it had two boxses for the ds. The big one and the small one that the DS lite normally would come in.

[quote name='thegamemaster']I kinda wish the top part was Red and bottom was blue to match the colors of Mario ;) but i guess i cant win it all.[/QUOTE]

Could always slap a red decal on there. Maybe even stick two yellow circles for the snaps/buttons. :p

bread's done
Back