Mario @ Circuit City

Reaggo

CAGiversary!
This weekend, both Super Mario Strikers and MArio Superstar Baseball for gc went on sale for $25, this is opposed to $50 at just about everywhere else.

Target has Strikers for $28 this week also. I think we can expect some universal price drops in the near future.

I was just at CC yesterday thinking to myself, when will they drop the price on Mario Baseball... :cry:

Nothing about it being online though.

Man, I hope they're both cheap now... I really want Mario Baseball and Strikers but not for full price.

That's funny, I was just at Frys yesterday thinking about when they were going to finally drop the price on those two titles. I'm going to drive on over to my CC and check to see if they have any copies.

[quote name='Indonesia']just fyi, CC at san Mateo, CA has both in stock even online said not available in store.[/quote]

That's good to know. The reason why they show that it's not available at a particular store is because CC does not allow you to do instore pick for video games, cds, and dvds. If you were to look up any of these items, it would for sure say not available.

Update: The San Mateo store has about 4-5 Super Mario Strikers and about 5-6 Mario Superstar Baseball. I wonder if the baseball game is 24.99 or did it keep the price of 16.96 from the previous clearance.

YEah Mario BAseball and Strikers are $30 regular price at Wal-mart (here) as it is Pokemon:Gale of Darkness. May have to ring up the game to see new price. Wal-mart is great (in my experience) for price matching. Bring in CC ad and cashier will take off another $5.

[quote name='h2dk']Baseball was clearanced at $16.97 a couple weeks back (as well as tennis)[/QUOTE]

Wait a second? Both Baseball and Tennis were part of Circuit City's clearance? :cry:

Crap, I saw both at my local CC... Great, and I'm going back to school in a moment so I don't have time to go back and get both... :(

Although I did get a GameBoy Micro at CompUSA which is mighty nice.

[quote name='oasisboy']Where can I find Mario Tennis for cheap? None of the stores over here seem to have it.[/QUOTE]
Check your Kmart if you have one. I found a Mario Power Tennis for GC for $5 this week. I was like, WHOA! :)

[quote name='Roufuss']They are Players Choice titles now, MSRP should be $29.99 for both.[/quote]
If they're official player's choice shoudn't they be 19.99? I know SSBM is 29.99 but I don't think that got the PC treatment with the yellow box and all, same with Double Dash. Correct me if I'm mistaken please.

[quote name='Tom Ato']If they're official player's choice shoudn't they be 19.99? I know SSBM is 29.99 but I don't think that got the PC treatment with the yellow box and all, same with Double Dash. Correct me if I'm mistaken please.[/QUOTE]

And you are wrong. Nintendo likes screwing people over so the Mario games stay at $30.

I just bought a copy of Tennis on Ebay for 40. I really wanted this one for my collection as well. It is hard to find this one in the stores.

I actually found a players choice copy of Super Smash Brothers Melee. This is a really rare game. I think it is the only rare players choice game out there, because of the fact that Nintendo started to make it a players choice and then pulled them because the game was still selling so well. I have two copies of them. And they were 20 each.

I picked up Mario Super Strikers at Best Buy this past week for $50 and Mario Kart for the GBA for $29.99, went back in today with the Circuit City ad and got the prices adjusted to $22.49 for Mario Super Strikers and $13.49 for Mario Kart. Zing!

[quote name='David85']And you are wrong. Nintendo likes screwing people over so the Mario games stay at $30.[/QUOTE]
Nintendo knows it has valuable intellectual property and leverages it to maintain its cash stockpile and provide it with the ability to make innovative/foolish choices like the Wii and DS.

Yeah, the company providing the cheapest current and next-gen consoles is apparently trying to screw us all over, just for fun. Wow.

[quote name='h2dk']Baseball was clearanced at $16.97 a couple weeks back (as well as tennis)[/QUOTE]

I think that was a misprint in the CAG posting, Baseball wasn't in the clearence sale, Tennis was though.

Is Super Mario Strikers going to be a near-launch title for the Wii? I may save my $25 and see what improvements the new version has in it.

[quote name='PerryD']Is Super Mario Strikers going to be a near-launch title for the Wii? I may save my $25 and see what improvements the new version has in it.[/quote]

According to IGN.com Strikers for Wii is coming out early 2007 (same for Bros. Melee or whatever is called)

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I think that was a misprint in the CAG posting, Baseball wasn't in the clearence sale, Tennis was though.[/QUOTE]

It was baseball also, I know because I bought it.

[quote name='David85']And you are wrong. Nintendo likes screwing people over so the Mario games stay at $30.[/QUOTE]

If that's true then why is Mario Sunshine $19.99?

Nintendo has 2 price points for their Player's Choice, $19.99 and $29.99.

Some games start at $29.99 and then drop to $19.99, while others start and stay at $19.99 or $29.99

Mario Sunshine was a shity Mario game and Nintendo realizes that. Mario Parties and Sports always stay high.

And Mario Soccer/Football Wii is supposed to come out in early 2007, but that's not confirmed. The next Super Smash Brosthers is no longer coming out in Early 2007, it's now just listed as 2007.

I'm not 100% sure but I think Mario Power Tennis has been out of print for some reason. It should've been well beyond PC status by now but instead it seems that it's just gone missing. I haven't seen a new copy anywhere in ages.

Picked up Strikers today during my lunch hour. They had only two copies. I've been wanting to play this for a long time.

I have baseball and it is really fun.
I got it for $34.99 at fry's the week it came out.

bread's done
Back