Mario Galaxy 2 $19.99 at Kmart

Ever since Nintendo Selects started, I've wondered
if it wasn't going to hurt the sales of some of Nintendo's
games. It's sort of hard to get people to buy a game for
$50, when sooner or later, it will be everywhere for $20.

They've had two runs of Nintendo Selects, but I haven't
heard anything about a third series. Numerous outlets
have Mario Galaxy 2 for around $45. Wouldn't be surprised if
it was next.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Ever since Nintendo Selects started, I've wondered

it was next.[/QUOTE]

annddd is that a bad thing? People SHOULD refrain from spending 50 bucks for a 5 year old game that should have droped to 20 bucks years ago. Nintendos the a-hole here with their BS pricing policies

I dont really have a Kmart around here unfortunatly so i cant really check on this. Hopefully it'll drop elsewhere

Yup, I'm not going to pay $50 for games I know that have sold well enough to become Nintendo Selects. Games I'm holding off/hoping that these will become Nintendo Selects mostly for myself and other cheapassgamers:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii Sports Resort
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Have a backlog so I can wait and don't mind slightly different cover art.)
Wii Play (I know this can be had for less than $10 used, had some bad luck with used copies of this game.)
Wii Party / Wii Music (Never got to play either.)
Wario Shake It (I think that's the title, haven't really tried looking for this one.)
Battalion Wars 2 (Same reason as Galaxy 2.)
Metroid Prime 1 and 2 (Can't believe that these were only released as a part of Metroid Prime Trilogy.)
Metroid Prime 3 (Already have a copy.)
Edit: Add Metroid the Other M and Kirby Epic Yarn.

[quote name='Kenshindono']annddd is that a bad thing? People SHOULD refrain from spending 50 bucks for a 5 year old game that should have droped to 20 bucks years ago. Nintendos the a-hole here with their BS pricing policies

I dont really have a Kmart around here unfortunatly so i cant really check on this. Hopefully it'll drop elsewhere[/QUOTE]

The amount of years its been out HAS NOTHING to do with how a game should be priced. Does it still hold up? You bet it does. Even with the new releases currently, Galaxy and 2 are 2 of the best games of this generation. No game in their category have surpassed them.

Nintendos no a-hole for putting a crap load of work into a fantastic game.

[quote name='sirdudeoi']Just got a copy in so cal. Thx op.[/QUOTE]
No Problem, I live in Orlando. Also Fire Eblem made its way from 14.99 up to 19.99. Thought prices went down?

[quote name='ferzan']The amount of years its been out HAS NOTHING to do with how a game should be priced. Does it still hold up? You bet it does. Even with the new releases currently, Galaxy and 2 are 2 of the best games of this generation. No game in their category have surpassed them.

Nintendos no a-hole for putting a crap load of work into a fantastic game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no. Your argument could be applied to any high quality game of this or any generation, and guess what happens to those titles? They drop in price as times moves on, which is the standard. Just because its a Nintendo title doesn't mean its right for it to be arbitrarily held to a higher price point.

Keep your fanboy in your pants next time. :cool:

I bought Mario Galaxy 2 at Kmart in Fairhaven MA for $19.99 a few days ago. I then brought the receipt to Walmart to price match and get more of them.

[quote name='mossman43']I bought Mario Galaxy 2 at Kmart in Fairhaven MA for $19.99 a few days ago. I then brought the receipt to Walmart to price match and get more of them.[/QUOTE]

Now you won't have to settle for playing just one game of SMG2 at a time.

Wow, this is encouraging. I gotta be honest, when I first saw this I smelled BS. Not that you were lying or anything, but that this had to be a regional thing. But with several confirmations from states across the country, including my home, the great state of NJ, I am encouraged. Will check this out tomorrow. They have them behind the glass, but i can always ask for a price check. Thank you for posting, double thank you if this works for me

[quote name='catabarez']Would anyone be willing to buy an extra copy for me when they go? My Kmart was sold out :/[/QUOTE]

I suppose I could try. It would be a good way to learn the CAG trading process and get a feedback rating. Provided my Kmart has 3 copies. I am planning to pick up 1 for me and one for my GFs little brother. When i was there this week, they had a crap load.

I picked up mine along with front mission evolved n x-men origin ps3, 15 bucks each from clearance bin. Most other games were 20, like split second etc
thx op

Editted. Oops

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XenoNinjaX']I picked up mine along with front mission 3 n x-men origin fire 15 bucks each from clearance bin. Most other games were 20, like split second etc
thx op[/QUOTE]

wait, you found a copy of Front Mission 3 for ps1 at your kmart?!

[quote name='JP73']I suppose I could try. It would be a good way to learn the CAG trading process and get a feedback rating. Provided my Kmart has 3 copies. I am planning to pick up 1 for me and one for my GFs little brother. When i was there this week, they had a crap load.[/QUOTE]

I would really appreciate it! Let's hope they have enough :)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Yup, I'm not going to pay $50 for games I know that have sold well enough to become Nintendo Selects. Games I'm holding off/hoping that these will become Nintendo Selects mostly for myself and other cheapassgamers:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii Sports Resort
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Have a backlog so I can wait and don't mind slightly different cover art.)
Wii Play (I know this can be had for less than $10 used, had some bad luck with used copies of this game.)
Wii Party / Wii Music (Never got to play either.)
Wario Shake It (I think that's the title, haven't really tried looking for this one.)
Battalion Wars 2 (Same reason as Galaxy 2.)
Metroid Prime 1 and 2 (Can't believe that these were only released as a part of Metroid Prime Trilogy.)
Metroid Prime 3 (Already have a copy.)
Edit: Add Metroid the Other M and Kirby Epic Yarn.[/QUOTE]

If you can find them, Gamestop already has Wario Land, Batallion Wars 2, and Metroid Prime 3 at $19.99 "new," and Kirby at $29.99 regular price. None are all that challenging to find in the Metro DC area.

Unfortunately, only one left at my store. Was behind the glass and not on the clearance rack and rung up at 19.99. I took the receipt to best Buy but they called and wouldn't match after it was out of stock. Later on in the week I might try another Kmart, but it's about 12-15 miles away.

Found one as well, my Kmart had 2.

They also had these weird Wii Speak for 14.99, so I picked it up. Should I return it?

picture.php

picture.php

[quote name='GlassAgate']Ever since Nintendo Selects started, I've wondered

it was next.[/QUOTE]

You can apply that logic to any new release game. Why spend $60 for it when it will just be $20 in a year or two? It sure didn't hurt sales for, say, Gears of War 3.

Went to my KMart and got one for $20 as well. Jesus, I've never been to a more depressing store ever in my life.

Though on the plus side mine did have abunch of Wario Land Shake It! for $15. That and Kirby: Super Star, Nintendogs (for DS) the first Professor Layton games and a few others for $15 each. Good deals if I didn't already own them (minus Nintendogs).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SuperMario64']I saw DKCR and SMG2 for $20[/QUOTE]

Fudge. Dkcr was 20 too? Damnit kmart...

Also found a wireless 360 1st party controller in the old packaging for 30 on clearance..

Goddammit.

Can anyone else confirm Donkey Kong Country Returns before I return to the most depressing store in existence? AKA The Swamp of Sadness.

[quote name='bardockkun']Goddammit.

Can anyone else confirm Donkey Kong Country Returns before I return to the most depressing store in existence? AKA The Swamp of Sadness.[/QUOTE]

Lmao ! That is the perfect description of my kmarts. From the incompetence of the employees in the electronics section to the fact that everytime I go there for a sale they almost never have what I'm looking for. I leave there dissapointed about 94% of the time

[quote name='vicks']Fudge. Dkcr was 20 too? Damnit kmart...

Also found a wireless 360 1st party controller in the old packaging for 30 on clearance..[/QUOTE]
yeah, I was pretty shocked when I saw it for that price

also saw some older Wii games like Sin and Punishment 2 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for $15

Anyone have a list of games worth picking up at these great prices? I want to make as few trips as possible, but everyone keeps finding better deals. T_T

I noticed a display for some DS games but they were not out. For those who found a copy, were they inside locked display case or out in the open?

Well I can now confirm after waiting for over 40 minutes for someone to open up the glass case and check the price that Donkey Kong Country Returns is NOT $20. Still MSRP. BUT as I was waiting for someone to help me I scanned abunch of games that were on the shelf and well, here's what I got...

Red Steel 2 w/ Wii Motion Plus (some were behind a glass case)
Resonance of Fate (360)
Metro 2033 (360)
Lost Odyssey
Megaman Zero Collection

For $15 each. So not a total loss.

I just realized something....my local Kmart has a bin in the front with various video games and I forgot to check that :facepalm: Well, I'll probably need to check it out again on another day

The KMart where I got my Mario Galaxy 2 had a sticker under it for $49.99 still when I got it for $20. Majority of them I've noticed are just terrible at updating prices. My Metro 2033 said $29.99 before I just randomly started scanning stuff.

bread's done
Back